Keane, Vieira, Jones, Bremner, etc

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The eye gouging was pretty girly - would have been more effective if he had nails like mine!! I was more annoyed/upset about losing the lead than the hard tackles.

Further to the flexible acceptance of touting the laws of the game; a handful of Leicester players have played the game on the edge of acceptability too, not ground breaking news, but would the two who at the start of the season had been arrested, Vardy and Simpson have been, in most quarters, exonerated so soon for their indiscretions (if racism and throttling your girlfriend can be called indiscretions)?

The line as was mentioned earlier is often based on how successful you are. I wrote on here a while back that Ryan Giggs has escaped severe scrutiny for his not to pleasant past. Had he of been Matthew Etherington you can be somewhat certain that he'd of faced a far sterner character assassination.

For what it is worth, I loved the Vieira and Keane battles but little time for stamping on a man when down (Keane on Southgate) or spitting (Vieira on Ruddock).

Further to the flexible acceptance of touting the laws of the game; a handful of Leicester players have played the game on the edge of acceptability too, not ground breaking news, but would the two who at the start of the season had been arrested, Vardy and Simpson have been, in most quarters, exonerated so soon for their indiscretions (if racism and throttling your girlfriend can be called indiscretions)?

The line as was mentioned earlier is often based on how successful you are. I wrote on here a while back that Ryan Giggs has escaped severe scrutiny for his not to pleasant past. Had he of been Matthew Etherington you can be somewhat certain that he'd of faced a far sterner character assassination.

For what it is worth, I loved the Vieira and Keane battles but little time for stamping on a man when down (Keane on Southgate) or spitting (Vieira on Ruddock).

Or this one:

By the way, if memory serves me, he got a 3 match suspension which puts Dembele's 6 matches into perspective, even if the times have changed in regard to refereing and suspensions.

Also more relevant to this thread, like I said previously in the thread, my recollection isn't of the media and public had a rosy view on those kind of players at the time. Keane got plenty of stick for this one. It's just that individual horror shows tend to be forgotten over time, and what's left is an overall legacy of someone who was the enforcer and heartbeat of a successfull side.

Or this one:

By the way, if memory serves me, he got a 3 match suspension which puts Dembele's 6 matches into perspective, even if the times have changed in regard to refereing and suspensions.

Also more relevant to this thread, like I said previously in the thread, my recollection isn't of the media and public had a rosy view on those kind of players at the time. Keane got plenty of stick for this one. It's just that individual horror shows tend to be forgotten over time, and what's left is an overall legacy of someone who was the enforcer and heartbeat of a successfull side.

That tackle is still the most cowardly & disgusting thing I've ever seen on a football pitch in this country. Having admitted his intent in his book, I'm surprised the cunt ever worked in football again & avoided a criminal charge. Utter fucking arsehole.

I'm assuming the Jones in the title refers to Vinny Jones. Just watched him on Life Stories with Piers Morgan (yuk, but glad I persevered). Very moving, he's not scared to show his emotions with regards to his love for his late wife.
Gazza was in the audience, and there's something odd about him - it may be that he's had too much botox, as his face looks frozen, even when he started crying.

Back
Top Bottom