Keep the Manager, Change the players ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Spurs keep changing managers as your enemies in the media would want, Tottenham will never achieve anything.

Losing Jan Vertongen (for free) is coming home to some fans on here of how stupid that decison was. Unfortunately, Mourinho wasn't around long enough to overrule Levy's ageist policy and hadn't seen Vertongen in the partial season when he took over.
I would go for a stronmg centre-back like Westergaard of Southampton along with Alderveireld as Spurs' future, and José should cease subbing Ndombele as he used to do to Juan Mata when he was at United, having some private joke about not giving him 90 minutes.

I also have doubts about Lloris. There's a really good goalie in Iceland Thor Halldorssen I think. He is 36 but with keepers you don't apply ageism so maybe 4 seasons in him. Also give Joe Hart a chance.
Make Harry Kane captain seems obvious - he wears his heart on the sleeve every match with no help and refs allowing him to get beaten up.

If I was a Tottenham player I would be so depressed having 12 men against you every match, the refs (& media) hating Tottenham. Spurs cannot get the free kicks Chelsea & Woolwich get, where the slightest touch brings them down and you can get away with doing a red card foul and only get a yellow. Spurs are being bullied by every team in the PL because everyone knows you can get away with murder against Tottenham Hotspur - even the fans don't even stand up for them.

I really believe it is anti-semitism in the FA and it's about time somebody made that accusation against the governing body and see if anything changes.

But keep Mourinho and get rid of the lightweights in the squad.
YOU WANT US RELEGATED

Other clubs are jealous of Spurs getting Mourinho as the man is a proven winner.

Only the "fake" fans on here who never stick up for Spurs against clear cheating by the FA want him out and serve the enemies of Spurs which are the majority of the press.

Mourinho was let down by Levy getting rid of Vertongen and poor form by Lloris. He also cannot ask for money to be spent as it cost him his job twice before and Levy does not want to spend a penny.

Plus as people on here missed - Spurs cannot get the blatant DIVES Chelsea & Woolwich do every match, Chelsea were rescued against Southampton and have had 3 penalties in 3 matches!

Other clubs are jealous of Spurs getting Mourinho as the man is a proven winner.

Only the "fake" fans on here who never stick up for Spurs against clear cheating by the FA want him out and serve the enemies of Spurs which are the majority of the press.

Mourinho was let down by Levy getting rid of Vertongen and poor form by Lloris. He also cannot ask for money to be spent as it cost him his job twice before and Levy does not want to spend a penny.

Plus as people on here missed - Spurs cannot get the blatant DIVES Chelsea & Woolwich do every match, Chelsea were rescued against Southampton and have had 3 penalties in 3 matches!
Fuck me, you're in a bad way, aren't you?
Dont take the foil helmet off!

This is funny because you say we were shit the you say the squad hasn’t regressed.
Personally I think 4th is better than 12th
Jesus Sammy, please quote me where I said "the squad hasn't regressed". Helpful hint, you won't be able to. I said the bullshit call that a player has regressed is...well...bullshit.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper . So you don't think the refs are anti-Spurs? Even Graham Roberts said it.

To me it's bleedin' obvious and again, Spurs do not DIVE (as they will get booked for diving) while Chelsea & Woolwich DIVE all the time and get foul/penalties. Chelsea had 3 penalties out of 3 games in last EPL games as the Russian pays the FA millions in bribes.

Where did this guy come from?

Has he been spouting this nonsense in other threads and I just missed it or has he just recently decided to go off his rocker with these conspiracy theories.

Either way it is a nice break to see this fun sort of crazy instead of the Jose fanboi crazy.

Mick Cooper Mick Cooper . So you don't think the refs are anti-Spurs? Even Graham Roberts said it.

To me it's bleedin' obvious and again, Spurs do not DIVE (as they will get booked for diving) while Chelsea & Woolwich DIVE all the time and get foul/penalties. Chelsea had 3 penalties out of 3 games in last EPL games as the Russian pays the FA millions in bribes.
Well if Graham ROBERTS says so it must be true.

Gotta love these so-called Spurs fans who support referees against Tottenham. You still haven't answered why Chelsea & Woolwich can DIVE and get free kicks/penalties and Spurs cannot at all.

Answer the simple question.

Gotta love these so-called Spurs fans who support referees against Tottenham. You still haven't answered why Chelsea & Woolwich can DIVE and get free kicks/penalties and Spurs cannot at all.

You have all these outrageous accusations, and yet you ignore the obvious answer.
Thos two teams are agents of the alien Lizard King, who can subvert the minds of humans through his nuclear brainwaves.
Its only a matter of time before we all become his subjects
"Chariot of the Gods man! The aliens practically own South America. They taught the Incas everything they knew."

Does it really matter though?
There are far bigger issues with the squad. A favourable ref call wouldn’t really put us in any better of a spot on the table.

If Chelsea and woolwich (I don’t even know why they’re being brought up as an example as they’re still below us) want to do dive then so be it, but don’t pretend that the thing that got us in our current ladder position is unfavourable ref calls.

You have all these outrageous accusations, and yet you ignore the obvious answer.
Thos two teams are agents of the alien Lizard King, who can subvert the minds of humans through his nuclear brainwaves.
Its only a matter of time before we all become his subjects
"Chariot of the Gods man! The aliens practically own South America. They taught the Incas everything they knew."
I thought some people on here called Levy the Lizard King? Are we getting shafted again!?

Back
Top Bottom