Keisuke Honda

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs close in on deal to sign Keisuke Honda in the January transfer window

The 27-year-old forward, whose contract with Russian side CSKA Moscow expires on December 31st, is a target for a number of leading clubs.

Juventus, Monaco and Liverpool are all known to be keen on signing Honda, while AC Milan nearly agreed a £5million deal to buy him over the summer.

However, Andre Villas-Boas has been patient and is now ready to bring in the exciting frontman for nothing on January 1st.

Honda can play as a striker or on either wing and is famed for his pace, power and explosive left-foot shot.

He revealed earlier this week he was mulling over a number of offers from different clubs and was expecting to make a decision soon.

‘I have a number of options – when the time comes I will make a decision,’ Honda said.

‘I have now decided I will leave my club at the expiry of the contract, everything else will be decided soon.’

Honda currently scoops around £70,000-a-week at CSKA, but Spurs, who are boosted by not having to pay a transfer fee, are ready to offer big wages to get the deal done.

If the transfer goes through, it would be a notable coup for Villas-Boas who has made adding to his forward options a key priority for the new year.

... Honestly speaking, I wouldn't mind getting him.
Always rated him and the key part is that he's extremely versatile, great fk taker, and is free.
Surprised why no one has agreed with him. He was great in the confeds.

Unfortunately, if we do get him ... maybe that means no Pirlo. If there was a choice I'd rather have Pirlo.

Am glad you all find it funny. This is just a prelude! D'accord!

Carry on

You've really Jazzed up this thread.

Super_Honda.png

I'd be disappointed with this going through to be honest, not with the player obviously but the fact that If he came to us then that would surely put question marks over Tom Carroll's future with us.

Carroll's going to be an excellent player in the future, I've got no doubt about that, there just aren't enough English players like him.

I'd be disappointed with this going through to be honest, not with the player obviously but the fact that If he came to us then that would surely put question marks over Tom Carroll's future with us.

Carroll's going to be an excellent player in the future, I've got no doubt about that, there just aren't enough English players like him.
Without sounding too blunt, until Caroll is ready for first team football this point is irrelevant. We've seen with Andros and to a lesser extent Walker the benefits of the loan system.

Back
Top Bottom