Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reliable defender. Stepped in seamlessly for Vertonghen 2 seasons ago for a good amount of games.

Needs game time to be at his best and he'll be better than what you have and he could walk into most teams outside of the top 6.

Understandably wants to play reguarly. Not a lump, can play ball.

Thanks mate.

What's his mobility/pace like?

Showed glimpses of being a good defender but lack of game time proved to be his undoing.

He could either be a revelation or completely underwhelming. Needs patience and the the right mentality

Showed glimpses of being a good defender but lack of game time proved to be his undoing.

He could either be a revelation or completely underwhelming. Needs patience and the the right mentality
He'll be a good player with game time and a decent coach. Shame for him that he had one of the best defensive pairings in the league in front of him when he had his form. I thought he stepped in brilliantly for Jan when he went injured.

Still an incredable piece of business by us.

Stoke City’s purchase of Kevin Wimmer has the potential to go down as one of the club’s worst ever deals.
Given it came not long after the loan signing of Jese Rodriguez was heralded to a farcical degree, despite the player’s then level and problems, the period is not one which covers the club in glory.

Tottenham, who had signed Wimmer for less than £5m, somehow managed to make more than three times their money when the defender moved to Stoke for a reported £18m.

It didn’t go well, Stoke were relegated, and the Austrian was sent on loan to Hannover 96 in the summer for a fee of €1.5m.

The Championship club may well have been boosted by Hannover agreeing to a buying clause of €12m, but this could have been €40m for the likelihood of it being used.

Kicker call it a ‘utopian transfer fee’, and that’s even if Wimmer had been doing well for the club. He’s not.

Only six Bundesliga starts so far this season tell one story, and Kicker back that up by saying his average rating has been poor.

The German source also report a ‘controversial clause’ in the deal, which would see the deal made permanent (presumably for the €12m) if Wimmer makes 24 competitive appearances.

That will be avoided, he’s on 11 so far.

A transfer isn’t completely ruled out, but Wimmer would have to improve, accept a drop in wages long term, and Stoke drop the price.

Had a little look at Kevin's transfermarkt page to see what has happened to him. And it looks like it is finally looking up for him a bit.

He's currently on loan at Mouscron from Stoke. Mouscron are currently 10th in the Belgian top flight and apart from some games in late December and in January Kevin has been a given in their backline.

A step down in league but a step up for him personally because god knows the boy deserves to play.

Had a little look at Kevin's transfermarkt page to see what has happened to him. And it looks like it is finally looking up for him a bit.

He's currently on loan at Mouscron from Stoke. Mouscron are currently 10th in the Belgian top flight and apart from some games in late December and in January Kevin has been a given in their backline.

A step down in league but a step up for him personally because god knows the boy deserves to play.

Bad break here being dropped by Poch...

Ended up under shitty Mark Hughes, but he'd have cut the mustard for them if Stoke were still managed by Pullis.

Like Kev... Hope he enjoys the rest of his career.

I was reading an article today about how Son still misses his friend Wimmer and that he was devastated when Spurs sold him to Stoke.

The amazing bit of the article was that we got 18 mil for him???? That's incredible.

And since then he's only made 17 appearance for Stoke? Why the heck did they buy him? Did he suffer an injury or something?

I was reading an article today about how Son still misses his friend Wimmer and that he was devastated when Spurs sold him to Stoke.

The amazing bit of the article was that we got 18 mil for him???? That's incredible.

And since then he's only made 17 appearance for Stoke? Why the heck did they buy him? Did he suffer an injury or something?

Bit lazy, if I remember correctly.

Had a poor start to his Stoke career but then got labelled unfit by his manager back in 2018 or so? and I don't think he played a game for them again.

Always looked a porker.

Bit lazy, if I remember correctly.

Had a poor start to his Stoke career but then got labelled unfit by his manager back in 2018 or so? and I don't think he played a game for them again.

Always looked a porker.

512358616-tottenham-hotspur-v-fiorentina-uefa-europa-league-round-of-32-second-leg.jpg

kevin-wimmer-tottenham-hotspur-JRNEFT.jpg

"2 sugars please, Poch"

TBH.... If that's "porky" we're all in trouble.

He absolutely did.

Wimmer was a fat cunt who, like a poster once said in this thread, would probably put on a few stone once he left here because of his awful fitness.

Turns out that poster was right. Absolute blob at Stoke all because he was too lazy to get in shape and keep it up for his own job.

He absolutely did.

Keep ignoring the photo's , Totti.

Wimmer was a fat cunt

Nah.

635483710.0.jpg

who, like a poster once said in this thread, would probably put on a few stone once he left here because of his awful fitness. Turns out that poster was right. Absolute blob at Stoke all because he was too lazy to get in shape and keep it up for his own job.

What he did or didn't do at Stoke is of no interest to me, but here's some post Spurs pics (I promise I did try to find some that fit the description of "fat cunt")....

He's sure hiding that "few extra stone" well:

stoke_citys_austrian_defender_kevin_wimmer_l_vies_with_crystal_p_636016.jpg

stoke-on-trent-uk-9th-september-2017-kevin-wimmer-of-stoke-city-during-K5GR69.jpg

stoke-city-v-manchester-united-premier-league-football-britannia-stadium-stoke-on-trent-uk-shutterstock-editorial-9046670bf.jpg

5d221e3f73b370.16149102.jpeg

kevin-wimmer-1567245358-25217.jpg

Kevin_Wimmer_playing_for_Austria_vs_Wales_04.jpg

"Absolute blob"....

You realise how stupid that sounds????

.....It's funny you mentioned Ndombele, because you'd have leapt to the defense of his shape and poor condition last year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom