KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale with a first half hat-trick before coming off with a knee injury which sees him ruled out for the rest of the season.

jk. We've got to wait at least 4 weeks for that to happen. :sherwoodlol:

Well now it looks like we are going to have a bit of a rest going into this which is ideal

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Kane][/FORMATION]

Subs
Hart
Doherty
Davies
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Lucas
Son

What I would go for. Few rotations here and there but still pretty strong. Lo Celso apparently was really tired after last Thursday so I would bench him and bring Dele back into the fold so GLC is fit for Sunday. Ndombele I would like to see start and hopefully play 60 minutes on Sunday so I would just give him 30 minute off the bench here. Would be nice to give Reguilon a debut and think the likes of Lamela and Aurier should be used to rotate the squad a tad.

Well now it looks like we are going to have a bit of a rest going into this which is ideal

[FORMATION=4231, Lloris, Aurier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Sissoko, Lamela, Dele, Bergwijn, Kane][/FORMATION]

Subs
Hart
Doherty
Davies
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Lucas
Son

What I would go for. Few rotations here and there but still pretty strong. Lo Celso apparently was really tired after last Thursday so I would bench him and bring Dele back into the fold so GLC is fit for Sunday. Ndombele I would like to see start and hopefully play 60 minutes on Sunday so I would just give him 30 minute off the bench here. Would be nice to give Reguilon a debut and think the likes of Lamela and Aurier should be used to rotate the squad a tad.

Both Gio & Ndomble are fighting back from their own respective fitness issues; I'd definitely take the opportunity to get some minutes into one of 'em; if not sharing the game again like they did on Saturday....

Pretty sure training won't be high energy atm regardless..... Likely won't be for a large amount of the season.

Both Gio & Ndomble are fighting back from their own respective fitness issues; I'd definitely take the opportunity to get some minutes into one of 'em; if not sharing the game again like they did on Saturday....

Pretty sure training won't be high energy atm regardless..... Likely won't be for a large amount of the season.
That's actually why I didn't start either of them. Want to start both on the weekend and don't think they'll be fit enough to play 90 minutes in both (well definitely not Tanguy). Tbh I reckon Dele won't be in the squad again though.

That's actually why I didn't start either of them. Want to start both on the weekend and don't think they'll be fit enough to play 90 minutes in both (well definitely not Tanguy). Tbh I reckon Dele won't be in the squad again though.

If tomorrow gets cancelled; I suspect Dele may get a run out on Thursday now.

Given that the orient game will be forfeited/postponed. I would expect Dele to play in this one, Jose made a big song and dance of Tuesday being “his chance”.

If tomorrow gets cancelled; I suspect Dele may get a run out on Thursday now.

Does Jose trust him in a game which is being given more emphasis? On a bobbly pitch in North Macedonia?

It would be bad to lose to Newcastle at the weekend, but it would be something that there are 35 games to make right. Europe is over without a win in this game on the other hand.

I'm only playing guys I absolutely trust in this one. I don't think Dele is on that list right now.

Lloris
Doherty - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Davies
Hojbjerg - Gedson
Bergwijn - Lo Celso - Son
Kane

Hart, Aurier, Dier, Winks, Ndombele, Lucas, Lamela​

Does Jose trust him in a game which is being given more emphasis? On a bobbly pitch in North Macedonia?

It would be bad to lose to Newcastle at the weekend, but it would be something that there are 35 games to make right. Europe is over without a win in this game on the other hand.

I'm only playing guys I absolutely trust in this one. I don't think Dele is on that list right now.

Perhaps (I certainly take your point about EL vs EPL - maybe the more likely is in fact a shift at Newcastle); I just don't think he's in some deep exile/last chance saloon though.... I sense Jose playing the long game with him (we're repeatedly hearing through the grapevine that the club don't want to get rid.)

I think Sissoko will start this one, and it's not necessarily a bad thing. I think he'd do quite well in these games where it's not necessarily the skill with the ball that can win games but as much his power and ability to surge forward.

We talked about needing a squad for the games ahead and it's hardly like Winks and Hojberg have set the world alight.

I have a sneaky feeling that the Champions League and Europa League are going to either get postponed or disrupted this season.

There's not a chance that the lads we're playing against on Thursday have been in a bubble. Their best player is supposedly on €500 a week. Most will have second jobs.

This competition has got clusterfuck written all over it.

Back
Top Bottom