KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Out of interest do you think if we lose Rose we need another LB?
I also wonder about Serge - if he goes do we sign a replacement or does Jose see Tanganga as a back up for Doherty?

Ideal world he may not but he's also got to be realistic about financing the striker and centre half he wants - it may mean we don't replace Serge if he goes.

Maybe cashing in on Alli will provide a lot of the money needed?

Probably not we will have two LBs Davies and Reguilon and two RBs Doherty and Aurier and as you say we know Tanganga can play FB.

I would have Tanganga as a CB but he could be cover for CB and FB ... if we do sell Aurier then we must buy a quality defensive RB having just an attacking RB and an inexperienced 21 year old would be a big risk.

I think we can sell, swap or let go Rose, Sissoko, Dele, Moura, Lamela before we worry about Serge. For me this extra striker is icing on the cake, what we need is a world class defensive midfield player, if we can find one, and if they will sign, then they are going to valued at approaching 100m, but we should still focus on that as our priority.

After saying spend 100m with no idea who to buy - I would be very happy with Sangare at 10m as one for the future, nowhere near ready yet but the sort of signing we should be adding to the squad and playing in our under 23 matches.

1) Fair. I didn’t see your reply to Spaniel.

2) The Japanese baseball league is quite good. They actually play an all star versus all star series every year and the Japanese league often wins. With respect to basketball, national teams other than the US national teams have won multiple international competitions. With respect to American football, you’re absolutely right.
Re 2) I'm not arguing that it makes sense, to me it's just unimportant, but with respect to basketball, the best players in the world come to the US. If there were a champions league style tournament, I can't imagine the teams from the NBA not dominating.

Has the US lost international competitions? Of course.

Were the best players the US had to offer playing? Not often. The international game is a different game with somewhat different rules, officiating, and style, for better or worse.

Let's get back to Spurs though, that's 3 wins in a row!

1) Fair. I didn’t see your reply to Spaniel.

2) The Japanese baseball league is quite good. They actually play an all star versus all star series every year and the Japanese league often wins. With respect to basketball, national teams other than the US national teams have won multiple international competitions. With respect to American football, you’re absolutely right.
I’m no baseball expert, and this is an n of 1, but I went to a Japanese baseball playoff game a few years ago and was unimpressed with the level of play. It seemed like AAA to me. I have a difficult time imagining their best club could compete in MLB.

Cock up and sort of thing to expect at this level of the competition. In fairness they weren't playing at their own ground which apparently doesn't meet the required specifications. Rather ironic.
Double irony that it's the national stadium, category 4, been upgraded fairly recently (10 years ago) and hosted UEFA super cup 3 years ago so they really should know what they're doing by now.

Fuck me, how entitled have some of our fans got, calling out Son for being shit!

You ask any other fan which players they would take from our team it would be Son or Kane.

If he was performing at 100% all the time he’d be the best player in the world and probably wouldn’t be at spurs

Out of interest do you think if we lose Rose we need another LB?
I also wonder about Serge - if he goes do we sign a replacement or does Jose see Tanganga as a back up for Doherty?

Ideal world he may not but he's also got to be realistic about financing the striker and centre half he wants - it may mean we don't replace Serge if he goes.

Maybe cashing in on Alli will provide a lot of the money needed?
According to Jose anyone can play RB. Gedson?

Fuck me, how entitled have some of our fans got, calling out Son for being shit!

You ask any other fan which players they would take from our team it would be Son or Kane.

If he was performing at 100% all the time he’d be the best player in the world and probably wouldn’t be at spurs

Saying someone isn’t particularly consistent is not saying he is shit

Back
Top Bottom