KF Shkendija vs Tottenham Hotspur 24th September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son would need to have a fairly sustained period of poor form before ANYONE should start questioning him. This forum has been full of debate regarding him vs Harry lately and, for me, it is an entirely baseless conversation. They are different players who are being compared, unfairly, due to their prolific goal scoring ability. They play well because of each other, not in-spite of each other. We should be right-fucking-happy that this is the case.

He’s fallen victim to scrutiny of performance based on a body of work that is the envy of the entire league.

We have 3 homes on the trot so no travelling. Everyone saying we need to buy players but that could be redundant if get knocked out of two cup competitions next week. We will end up with a blotted squad with just EPL games until fa cup. I think the players need to put in a big effort to see us through next 3 games. So go strong v Newcastle , mix and match v chelski, strong v Macabi then we have 3 days rest till manure game following Sunday.
if they all get drunk, we will be out of the cups

or in them.........

Last edited:
Bold post. It's controversial but it covers most of the criticism - some of it necessary - that I would level at Son, so I'll choose to add an agree. I still believe he's a world class player - one of only two at Spurs imo - but he has weaknesses like everyone else, including Kane.

Edit: Maybe Lloris is still world class. He certainly was at one point and has been heading back in the right direction for a while now.
this board is populated by people desperate to have people talk to them, because they probably don't have friends. Posting garbage about the better players being "shit" is their way of generating what would be known as clickbait elsewhere.
If these people had been supporters and there was internet back in the 60s they would have been saying the same about Greaves and Mckay.

some of the posters on here would make the place infinitely better if they started their own message board called "Why Spurs are shit" and then rubbed each other up, by denigrating anything and everything about the club, in a desperate attempt to make the truly gullible believe that they understand the game, or know what they are talking about.
Seriously, don't fall for it.

You mean some plonkers on an internet forum might have better instincts than Mou on this one?

:dawsonlol:
Why not ? Mourinhos got shit loads wrong since he arrived .... I mean he played moura through the middle drawing blanks costing us points. He didn’t need instinct to realise Sonny is actually a fucking decent striker ..... one look at his stats from that position said it all .

Not trusting lo Celso for so long was a criminal lack of judgement

starting dier in the middle then having to save situations by hauling him off and throwing Eriksen on

(salah ...de bryne)

but no ones allowed to criticise him or suggest an alternative because you think it’s ridiculous to?

has anyone else noticed how mourinho shouts orders at players in their own languages? interesting
Anyone can learn how to say ‘balls’ in 5 different languages

moreover I think someone needs to advise Jose that we are much more ‘bollocks’ people.

Switch bollocks for balls ...... then you’ve got a team talk!!!!

We have Bergwin and Lucas to cover the wings so we are hardly grounding him down now are - oh we also have little player called Gareth Bale.

But keep repeating the narrative - same since Feb and ignore of the obvious. CB is clearly the problem area ( where was Steve Hitchen pictured again?) but the repeat bots on here still believe it’s February.

Yep clearly a back up striker is the main priority.

That’s why the club has signed a left back , right back, CM, RWF, goal keeper and is in Italy after a CB for huge money but clearly a back up striker is the main priority
If Son played down the middle he’d get 20 PL goals season in season out

hes great on the left and through the middle

Why not ? Mourinhos got shit loads wrong since he arrived .... I mean he played moura through the middle drawing blanks costing us points. He didn’t need instinct to realise Sonny is actually a fucking decent striker ..... one look at his stats from that position said it all .

Not trusting lo Celso for so long was a criminal lack of judgement

starting dier in the middle then having to save situations by hauling him off and throwing Eriksen on

(salah ...de bryne)

but no ones allowed to criticise him or suggest an alternative because you think it’s ridiculous to?

It was sarcasm man! I agree with you- just hoping Mou can see the potential and have enough guts to play them together more often.

Back
Top Bottom