Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Like the look of him. It's a real competition between him and Walker. Walker looked very sharp yesterday too. Can only be a good thing for the team.

In fact, I am not going to be shitting myself when any of our full backs come on (left or right).

Would still like to see us blocking crosses and shots more though.

He can only get better if he plays with a settled unit. He only made one error yesterday when he followed Matri when Veronghen and Fazio were holding a high line.
Matri fucked the lob up anyway. You could see Fazio admonishing him afterwards, but then Walker does that often.
Other than that he was confident and looked decent enough. The pass for Caroll was nice.
Looks a decent full back. Hopefully he improves and we have him at his prime.
Just goes to show that money is not always an indicator of a decent player.

I hope he becomes one of the best full backs in the EPL, is an England regular and Man City are gutted.

He can only get better if he plays with a settled unit. He only made one error yesterday when he followed Matri when Veronghen and Fazio were holding a high line.
Matri fucked the lob up anyway. You could see Fazio admonishing him afterwards, but then Walker does that often.
Other than that he was confident and looked decent enough. The pass for Caroll was nice.
Looks a decent full back. Hopefully he improves and we have him at his prime.
Just goes to show that money is not always an indicator of a decent player.

I hope he becomes one of the best full backs in the EPL, is an England regular and Man City are gutted.

He looks very good already. Mentioned this in the Match Thread, but no way in hell Walker makes that pass to Carroll.

Expect him to be the starting RB by season's end.

Once Lennon goes Tripper will be the only current Spurs player to have won Silverware with us.

paulstewart.jpg

If we're gonna play 60 odd games then this was always an important signing. Walker can be a very good right back. We overplayed him I think and its stunted his development, combined with injuries not a good mix. Safe to say its taking him a while to regain full fitness and gain match practice. Say these two play 30 games each across 4 competitions I think we will see consistently good performances from full back. Hopefully Davies and Rose continue to push each other on the other side as well.

Showed a bit of what he offers last night. Directly involved in the goal through a great cross, and I think he did pretty well overall. Townsend is not easy to combine with though, but with a more clever player in front of him he could be even more influential. Walker offers speed and strength, but is not a wing back imo.

For me, I think he is solid backup option but nothing more. Nothing wrong with that at all and still early days but I think we can put to bed that he should displace Walker. Walker and Rose for all big matches with Davies and Trippier as cover is very good imo. Best shape we have been in with fullbacks in my life supporting Spurs!

The Townsend effect. Trippier was given no cover in front of him or next to him, and going forward his runs were also ignored by head down Towsnend.

Trippiers crossing was mint. And his through balls are much better than Townsend. I hope Poch wakes up and puts Trippier in front of Walker.

Poch threw Trippier under the bus with that lineup. He didnt know to stick or twist to cover for the missing Townsend or Fazio. The same thing happened to Jan when he had Rose, Eriksen and Vlad leaving him wide open. It makes you look much worse than you are in defense.

Whipped in so many great crosses today. This is the player I thought we got in the summer. Gutsy call by Poch to play him.

Yup, he was fantastic. He seems to have gotten better/more comfortable in a Spurs jersey everytime he plays. Although I still think Walker is the better RB at the moment, I'd definitely like to see Poch throw Trippier a few more minutes in the Prem.

Played well today. Good in defence and got forward, taking up some good positions, crossing was excellent, just a shame we had no forward on the pitch for the first 67 minutes!

Back
Top Bottom