Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So if Trippier plays, we’ll concede one goal?
Oh how disastrous
Nono we may other goals too due to the other team just playing very well or the ball bouncing it someone's butt. We cant control that. But because of Trippier we will most likely concede another as well , which makes it very difficult for the other 10 players.

Gen. question.... In other words you mean zero net or zero spend?
Sorry, to clarify, zero net spend.
:adethumbup:

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 does 'ZERO change to how we do our business' really fit in with Poch saying we're at the end of the process from the last 5 years and it's time to start a new chapter?

We've clearly been making plenty of money each season, and it's understandable if a lot of this has been pumped directly into the new stadium build. Fact is, however, that our operating revenue from the new stadium will more than cover the annual repayments on the stadium debt.

We posted the highest ever profit for a club last season, yet have been outspent (in net terms) by Bournemouth in the transfer market. Within our means, there should be net cash being spent on the squad.

Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 does 'ZERO change to how we do our business' really fit in with Poch saying we're at the end of the process from the last 5 years and it's time to start a new chapter?

We've clearly been making plenty of money each season, and it's understandable if a lot of this has been pumped directly into the new stadium build. Fact is, however, that our operating revenue from the new stadium will more than cover the annual repayments on the stadium debt.

We posted the highest ever profit for a club last season, yet have been outspent (in net terms) by Bournemouth in the transfer market. Within our means, there should be net cash being spent on the squad.

I'm sure a reply from Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 is imminent, but personally I'd expect a similar strategy just with an increased budget which reflects our increase in revenue vs increased outgoings (wage increases, debt servicing etc.).

Comparing ourselves with other teams is a bit of a red-herring IMO. Everyone's situ is unique to themselves. Besides, I'm pretty sure if we weren't building/launching NWHL and throwing extra dosh at Wembley, that we'd have had the circa 100m spend up last season that many of the teams below us had with their TV money hike. As it is tho', can any of the Fulhams, WestHams & Bournemouths, Evertons, et al honestly say they are any better off for it?

The only 'revolution'/'new force' in the EPL last year was Wolves and that largely isn't attributable to the TV money.... They're an EPL ready outfit constructed in the champo.

Sammy I DON"T GIVE TWO FUCKS about how good/bad Napoli or Atletico Madrid are perceived to be. Trippier is a fucking disaster of a player, proper Championship level player. If you disagree with that, then fine I can live with that. The one thing that is, I think bar a tiny number of people, is that he has been shocking this season and isn't good enough for Spurs. (all the reasons why I don't think he's good enough have been posted by me for an age and are highly detailed in their reasoning, not worth posting them agian).
It’s not about me agreeing or not....it’s about accepting you are wrong about his level.

He is first choice in a regular top 4 team, and is being sought after by some of Europe’s top teams.
He has a poor season and it could still be the biggest season in our history.

You are wrong that he’s Champo.....that’s why he’s going to the Serie A runners up.
Maybe you think Norwich would finish above Inter Milan too.

As I said, why is Poch escaping all your rage when we have “far superior” RBs in the squad?
Surely this chronic and unacceptable failure on the managers part is something I’d expect you to at least have mentioned once.

It’s funny what’s deemed “not good enough”...maybe we’d have won the league with Arnold at RB. Oh wait.

Nono we may other goals too due to the other team just playing very well or the ball bouncing it someone's butt. We cant control that. But because of Trippier we will most likely concede another as well , which makes it very difficult for the other 10 players.

What about the times Trippier is playing well and Lloris does a Lloris?

Have you got any stats to goals conceded with and without Trippier?
Is it consistently more when Trippier plays?
Is there a correlation to formation, and who’s in front of him?
Is there any patterns with regards to big CL games and mid table PL opposition? (Like everyone else in the team)

Are there any facts to what you just said, or are you completely making stuff up.

Don’t answer

It’s not about me agreeing or not....it’s about accepting you are wrong about his level.

He is first choice in a regular top 4 team, and is being sought after by some of Europe’s top teams.
He has a poor season and it could still be the biggest season in our history.

You are wrong that he’s Champo.....that’s why he’s going to the Serie A runners up.
Maybe you think Norwich would finish above Inter Milan too.

As I said, why is Poch escaping all your rage when we have “far superior” RBs in the squad?
Surely this chronic and unacceptable failure on the managers part is something I’d expect you to at least have mentioned once.

It’s funny what’s deemed “not good enough”...maybe we’d have won the league with Arnold at RB. Oh wait.
He. Is. Shit! NOTHING I have seen from him since he joined us suggests otherwise.

IMO he is championship level FB, if you don't want to accept that then I am just fine with that. But it will not for a second change my opinion on him. Maybe he's going to play as a back-up at Napoli or Atletico, just a thought. Maybe they are just going to play him as an AM???? I don't care.

Those far superior RB's have been injured (Aurier) and I would guess not deemed experienced enough (KWP), can you think of a game where KWP has been worse than Tripps.........I'll wait.

Let's just assess the players abilities rather than build strawmen around us making up a 30point deficit if player 'X', 'Y' or 'Z' is or is not playing, that proves the square root of fuck all. Let's just focus on his ability to defend, build up from the back, take on a player, cross the ball, pass, tackle and not pass the ball into the fucking net, get beaten in the air on his back post, have oppo players run off him, be unable to play the role of a modern FB bombing up (and back) the pitch, Link midfield, find an Spurs player with a pass.

He's shit and it pleases me that he's the first player that looks likely to be on his way, that to my mind makes sense, you know get rid of the shit if you want to build a better squad than the one you already have.

IMO what will be different is the "market" we shop in. The type of player we are going after e.g De Ligt (I use his name as we now know 100% that we made a serious attempt to sign him by his own admission, not the clickbait media). This would be where you would expect us to be targeting players given revenue streams of +£400m pa.

That's not to say that is exclusively the market we are targeting but for one or maybe two key players. All will be shown during this summer.

We may well have a positive net spend this summer but suspect that over a period of 2/3/4yrs it will still track neutral.

He. Is. Shit! NOTHING I have seen from him since he joined us suggests otherwise.

IMO he is championship level FB, if you don't want to accept that then I am just fine with that. But it will not for a second change my opinion on him. Maybe he's going to play as a back-up at Napoli or Atletico, just a thought. Maybe they are just going to play him as an AM???? I don't care.

Those far superior RB's have been injured (Aurier) and I would guess not deemed experienced enough (KWP), can you think of a game where KWP has been worse than Tripps.........I'll wait.

Let's just assess the players abilities rather than build strawmen around us making up a 30point deficit if player 'X', 'Y' or 'Z' is or is not playing, that proves the square root of fuck all. Let's just focus on his ability to defend, build up from the back, take on a player, cross the ball, pass, tackle and not pass the ball into the fucking net, get beaten in the air on his back post, have oppo players run off him, be unable to play the role of a modern FB bombing up (and back) the pitch, Link midfield, find an Spurs player with a pass.

He's shit and it pleases me that he's the first player that looks likely to be on his way, that to my mind makes sense, you know get rid of the shit if you want to build a better squad than the one you already have.

Trippier created the most chances of any RB in the PL this season. He also created the most chances of ANY player at the last World Cup. To call him a Championship player is absurd.

He’s a right back who is very good going forward and average defensively, that’s all. Aurier is daft and is not reliable in either half of the pitch, he also appears to be made of glass. He’s barely made an impression in his 2 years here aside from some truly brain dead penalties that he conceded.

If you genuinely think Trips is a Championship player then I presume you think Rose, Sanchez, Lloris, Dier, Llorente and Davies are Championship players as well. What they are is players who are not perfect.

Last edited:
Trippier created the most chances of any RB in the PL this season. He also created the most chances of ANY player at the last World Cup. To call him a Championship player is absurd.

He’s a right back who is very good going forward and average defensively, that’s all. Aurier is daft and is not reliable in either half of the pitch, he also appears to be made of glass. He’s barely made an impression in his 2 years here aside from some truly brain dead penalties that he conceded.

If you genuinely think Trips is a Championship player then I presume you think Rose, Sanchez, Lloris, Dier, Llorente and Davies are Championship players as well. What they are is players who are not perfect.
And I think that your post is simply absurd!

Alexander-Arnold created 11, Ricardo Pereira 10, Kolasinac 10, Doherty 9, Bryan 9 and these are just the RB's with at least 3 or 4 more LB's with more chances created than Frodo. But this is just stat munching anyway, the numbers don't account for the percentage of attempted chances, most of his crosses or attempted chances don't find another Spurs shirt, there is a reason why he has the lowest pass completion rate in our entire squad - he's shit.

He had an EXCELLENT World Cup, unfortunately, this wasn't in a Spurs shirt, to which he can attest to just a handful of good performances and in particular against Hull and Watford two teams that the stat munchers fail to recognise that these two accounted for 3/4 of his assists that everyone was banging on about.

Think on this, why the fuck are we selling him?

Assists are not the same as chances created. He created 49 chances this season, more than any other RB.

We are looking to move him on for the right price because he is 28 and had a poor season, and we can only sell players people want to buy. That doesn’t make him shit. Why would teams like Napoli and Atletico want to buy someone shit?

You seem to have forgotten a big part of Trippiers season.....KWP has played about 4 games that I can remember.
That’s because Trippier has been picked ahead of him for 99.9% of the last two seasons, even when KWP has been fit.
Ditto Aurier....let’s not re write history, just call a spade a spade.

The manager prefers Trippier. You must find that really odd.

Have to say I feel bad for Trippier, doesn't deserve the abuse some give him. He isn't dreadful, do ppl forget Naughton and Hutton etc. is he is weak link, yes. Should we upgrade, yes. But he is a good creator, technically sound, just forgets to track his man sometimes. Too much but he can have goood games. He's served the club well.

I agree he seems a good guy and has been a good player for us on many occasions. The issue is more this game against Liverpool, he will be playing against Mane and Robertson who are quick, Trippier is not quick and his positional sense is often not great.

Your right though he is technically good in forward areas, I just don’t feel he is suited to this match.

You seem to have forgotten a big part of Trippiers season.....KWP has played about 4 games that I can remember.
That’s because Trippier has been picked ahead of him for 99.9% of the last two seasons, even when KWP has been fit.
Ditto Aurier....let’s not re write history, just call a spade a spade.

The manager prefers Trippier. You must find that really odd.
Why the fuck is he for sale then?

Italy isn’t all the same as UK isn’t all the same or the US isn’t all the same. Your speech is the festival of "clichés". I was born in Umbria (100km north of Rome) and I live in Genoa. Italy is 1000 km long plus the islands...
Italy is my favourite European country. The area around Sorrento is absolutely beautiful and the food is to die for. Yes it has it's ugly spots, but so have most places.

Why the fuck is he for sale then?

Sometimes things move on. I like Trippier, and rate him.....I also understand the logic in him moving on for both him and the club though. Id be happy for him to stay, but perhaps its time for a new challenge for the player, and a reshuffle for the club.

Probably no more than that....was Walker shit? I think I remember Poch selling him

ezWYBYt.png

Sometimes things move on. I like Trippier, and rate him.....I also understand the logic in him moving on for both him and the club though. Id be happy for him to stay, but perhaps its time for a new challenge for the player, and a reshuffle for the club.

Probably no more than that....was Walker shit? I think I remember Poch selling him
And I don't rate Tripps, I think he's our worst player by far. Walker went for a World record fee for a defender at the time, paid for buy one of the richest clubs on the planet, doubling his salary as he went.

This isn't the case with Tripps, or are you saying it is?

Is Trippier actually for sale? Or do we think he is? Don’t think there’s a response to this that can be founded in fact.

What is fact is that our manager chose him to play the majority of our matches. What is also fact is he plays for the national side too.

Shite players don’t play so many games for successful clubs and countries.

Is Trippier actually for sale? Or do we think he is? Don’t think there’s a response to this that can be founded in fact.

What is fact is that our manager chose him to play the majority of our matches. What is also fact is he plays for the national side too.

Shite players don’t play so many games for successful clubs and countries.
Yes they do, literally, scores and scores of players are poor and play for their National side.

What's being reported is quite widespread and by some serious Jorno's not seeking a click. Assume that the stories carry some weight, just go along with them for the hell of it, what does it tell you if he was sold to Napoli? What would it mean?

Assists are not the same as chances created. He created 49 chances this season, more than any other RB.

We are looking to move him on for the right price because he is 28 and had a poor season, and we can only sell players people want to buy. That doesn’t make him shit. Why would teams like Napoli and Atletico want to buy someone shit?

Guido's a great poster on this site and for that reason his hate-boner for Tripps is a source of bemusement for me. It almost seems personal. He didn't diddle Mrs Guido did he?

He's had a poor season for sure and it looks like we're getting rid and i'm even willing to say that he's probably more West Ham level than ours, but he ain't gone yet and i hope he scores a worldy next Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom