Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not an excuse, I said the result was poormif you read my comment. What I am saying is to disregard the fact that ensurroundings of the whole game saw us without Aurier, Foyth, Vertonghen, Walker-Peters, Sessegnon, Ndombele, Dier, Wanyama, Lo Celso, Eriksen, Dele and it being only Sonny's first competitive game since May is short sighted in my opinion.

Yes it was a shit result, no excuses but the above injury/ unavailable list isn't an excuse, it's a fact. 11 out and one making his first start in the PL sine we lost to Bournemouth away last season. Any team with such disjointed areas will suffer. I'm not saying that is why we lost, just to not ignore what effects that could potentially bring.

Sammy does keep pointing out that it isn't about the last 4 games granted but then I keep saying about the only two tables that matter are the one from last season after 38 games and the one this season how things currently stand. 9 of our first team starters made it all the way to the last weekend of the World Cup and had 3 pre-season days with us, another two only had 2-3 weeks pre-season after making it to the knockout rounds. Sonny was the only one not to have his pre-season impacted through the WC and even he suffered because he had to play not just one but two international tournaments mid season for South Korea. Let's go through the issues that surrounded our season last season just so people understand that it was a freak season:

1. Lloris, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dembele, Rose, Trippier, Dier, Dele, Kane all made it to the last weekend of the WC & had 2-3 days with the group before the PL season began.
  2. Eriksen & Sanchez made it to the knockout rounds thus had an extended break.
  3. Sonny also had a slightly extended break but missed two spells away trying to overcome military service and playing in tournaments for South Korea. Two mid season international tournaments is unheard of.
  4. We had stadium delays that saw us have to play pretty much the whole season in a half filled, irate and miserable Wembley stadium and crowd. Once again no home advantage and the whole club felt flat because of the let down of it.
  5. A new bedding in period at a stadium historically shows erratic form. Many forget that it's still new to us and the players have only been there 7-8 times still wi many fans still to visit it or know their way around their new sit next to folk or the stadium itself. Got to let the fleshy parts of our home become our home.
  6. The first team in PL history not to add/freshen up their squad and the stale feeling/ ridicule that came with. We all know the importance of fresh blood in a group.
  7. A horrific injury list that saw us lose multiple players for 15+ games per season.

I know our form has been shit but last season with the WC and stadium transitions meaning lethargic, burnout feelings all around we need to let it slide and focus on the future. The club is in great nick even after the worst preparation I recall for a team so it can focus solely on its football.

Wow you are thorough i will give you that. I thought the same for alot of last season aswell but you can ready tell there are so many things not right and like i said you can have different players out but you can still play with intensity and aggression and look hungry to win
Only time will tell like i said valid points that i also used for a large part of last season

No I am saying the likes of Son, Sterling, Salah etc destroy fullbacks who have no speed . I would love to have Son face Trippier as the fullback against him and so would any wide player with pace.

Also plenty of good managers and teams have bought plenty of bad players and gotten rid of them sooner or later.
What an absolute tosser you are

All media bullshit ... Tripps has been badly misquoted, by all accounts he attempted to speak to Poch and put the record straight, Poch has obviously got better things to do ... the media love to stir the shit amazing how we all get sucked in.

He's yesterday's news, good luck in Spain unless you play against us .... moving on

All media bullshit ... Tripps has been badly misquoted, by all accounts he attempted to speak to Poch and put the record straight, Poch has obviously got better things to do ... the media love to stir the shit amazing how we all get sucked in.

He's yesterday's news, good luck in Spain unless you play against us .... moving on

His "behind the scenes problems" comments were in a video tho....

mirror13.jpg

Selling him ahead of Serge was a mistake and something I don't think we were unable to have any other way.

You can't sell what no one wants to buy in Serge and Levy wants a fat profit for an aging player whenever he can get it.

Fuck the squad, it's about the balances.

Last edited:
Papers are so revisionist. Everyone was bemoaning how shit he was before he left, now we're the mugs for selling him

In our first choice 11 his was the obvious upgrade. But we are weaker because we didn’t upgrade. That’s not revisionist. He is shit. But he’s better than Aurier and KWP.

In our first choice 11 his was the obvious upgrade. But we are weaker because we didn’t upgrade. That’s not revisionist. He is shit. But he’s better than Aurier and KWP.
I dont think Trippier was shit. I think he’s in the top 20 RBs out there. And we are one of the top 20 clubs. I didn’t think we’d recruit anyone better than him in summer and we didn’t. I doubt we’ll get anyone significantly better than him in January or the summer.

Trippier would likely have had his ass handed to him by that Gnarby last night he would have destroyed KWP and especially Foyth as well , given the limitations of our RB options selling Trippier for a relatively low fee does seem odd tho.

Trippier would likely have had his ass handed to him by that Gnarby last night he would have destroyed KWP and especially Foyth as well , given the limitations of our RB options selling Trippier for a relatively low fee does seem odd tho.
Trippier worst matches were against Sane and Mane. Gnarby would have molested him on the wing

Back
Top Bottom