Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If City had chosen Trippier over Walker, how much do you think we would have sold Trippier for? 25m?

50m. First choice innit.

:levywhoa:

Just kidding. I genuinely believe that Walker went mainly because Poch sanctioned it, as well as the fee. How much would we get for Trips? I don't know really. He hasn't played that much, so would be hard to inflate his fee.

Well, before he signed that new deal anyway.

Haha Poch sent Tripps this pic of his son staring adoringly at him......
C_0UU_JUQAAAdNn.jpg

Last edited:
So this is good????
Lets just say him and Walker are massively different players (see Totti Totti post with Walkers profile) . With Tripps we will play very differently from how we normally do (by normal I mean with Walker). Tripps does a lot of what Dier and both our CB's already do, plays an early ball into the box. It means we play deeper because of it. It means maybe we will not see the CB's split so much (no need for Toby to do it, as Tripps is there), a knock on effect is Dier doesn't drop into CB position. It means we will have little overload situations on his side of the pitch. Also Dele and Kane will have to do more running to get into those positions early enough, another knock on might be that because this ball whilst effective, it is also easier to defend against, meaning we might have two players (Kane, Dele) out of position and unable to counter-press their defence (a feature of our game). Having said that, maybe this early ball will suit the bigger pitch at Wembley, I honestly can't work out if it's good or bad. Just hope Dele and Kane have got the lungs and legs to do it for 90 mins????

All this doesn't matter as much if we play 3 at the back, as Tripps is automatically pushed up higher up the pitch and we are compressing the space, dominating the opo. It does mean he still can't take on his opponent but we can play him in by putting a ball behind the defence for him to run onto and then cross. This for sure is better at Wembley as there is more space.

In short - 4 at the back with Tripps I see massive issues and will effect the whole balance of the team. 3 at the back and it's no where near as much an issue and at Wembley may actually be better than having Walker?? (I would be much, much happier if we got in an FB that has the same attributes as Walker had (and Rose has).

Back
Top Bottom