Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have to say I feel bad for Trippier, doesn't deserve the abuse some give him. He isn't dreadful, do ppl forget Naughton and Hutton etc. is he is weak link, yes. Should we upgrade, yes. But he is a good creator, technically sound, just forgets to track his man sometimes. Too much but he can have goood games. He's served the club well.

DgKcc93W4AAwNyt.jpg

Southgate has to take a lot of credit for Trippier’s emergence on the world scene. Moving Walker to RCB in a 3 in order to accommodate Trippier was a decision that had me wondering at first but on the performances so far, it’s totally vindicated. He has looked solid & has been putting in really high quality performances going forward.
Southgate was a baffling choice as manager, but he is showing himself to a pretty good choice. He was always a likeable character, but he has got this England team performing very well. Much better than I’d ever expected him too. Let’s see how he sets us up against the Belgians who are several steps up in quality.

If anyone deserves a pay rise and the respect of the fans I reckon it's Tripps. The way he knuckled down when he was little more than a bench player for so long is really paying off for the lad. Always acted like a true pro determined to make the most of his chance at a big club.

Good signing if this happens. Understand why people are underwhelmed but fairly sure the reason has nothing to do with them knowing anything about the player.

If anyone deserves a pay rise and the respect of the fans I reckon it's Tripps. The way he knuckled down when he was little more than a bench player for so long is really paying off for the lad. Always acted like a true pro determined to make the most of his chance at a big club.
And we didn’t pay the Earth for him. Just shows that there are very high quality players to be had without spunking 10’s of millions just to say you’ve bought an expensive player. To my mind, it’s far more rewarding to see a player like him blossom, & demonstrates what a fantastic manager we have in developing someone to be the best they possibly can be without relying on buying a ready made superstar to slot into a position where the team is a little light

That should be him done.

Never has Poch had a better excuse to fuck him off out of the starting eleven than that. Honestly, just stick KWP in from now until the end of the season and let him sink or swim. If he doesn't cut it at the end of the season? Fucking invest (which we should be doing anyway for both full backs).

He gets Sissoko like treatment (before it was cool to like Sissoko) by a lot of spurs fans and i really don't like that shit.

Has he been poor? yes but some of the 'criticsm' is borderline abuse like what most used to do with Sissoko. It's almost like some actually hope he plays shit so they can 'criticise.

Back
Top Bottom