Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
Superb tonight eh?
Love you as a poster, but supporting Sissoko & slating Trippier? That’s hilarious mate. One is a substandard right back. The other is a fcucking clown. If you want to slate Trippier, fair enough, but please don’t post in the “I love Sissoko” thread.
Trips put in a shift today. More product in that game than Sissoko all season.
Find one post of mine where said I love Sissoko, I'll save you the bother, you will not find a single one because I've NEVER EVER said that. I think he's a very mediocre player, don't know why we signed him (check my comments on the day we singed him). I've consistently said this as a caveat to practically every single one of my posts about Sissoko. I've defended him against the utterly OTT slating, nothing more. He gets slatted when he's played well, and I ain't the only one to notice this, just go to his thread a re-read what I've said, maybe you have me confused with someone else.

As for Trippier, he's still our worst footballer, I don't rate him at all and tonight does nothing to change this view, it will take a consistent string of game like tonight to change my mind, which I will gladly do if he does (bet he won't). When he's had a good game, I've always praised and acknowledged his performance, you see I don't do what Sissoko haters do, slate a player even if they play well just because you don't like a player, again my comments are their if you want to go find them (Fulham, Madrid and may be one more can't recall). I'll save you some time for what I said about him tonight though. Match Thread - Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan

Think you are are great poster too, but before you choose to call someone out best you get your facts right.

He was boss tonight, can't we just leave it at that and save hate for another day? to say he is the worse footballer in our squad is laughable, footballing wise he is decent, athletically is what lets him down (opposite to Sissoko)

He was boss tonight, can't we just leave it at that and save hate for another day? to say he is the worse footballer in our squad is laughable, footballing wise he is decent, athletically is what lets him down (opposite to Sissoko)
Who the fuck is slating him? I praised him for tonight click on the link pal. Christ some people really still do just read the headline and not the content.

Last edited:
Find one post of mine where said I love Sissoko, I'll save you the bother, you will not find a single one because I've NEVER EVER said that. I think he's a very mediocre player, don't know why we signed him (check my comments on the day we singed him). I've consistently said this as a caveat to practically every single one of my posts about Sissoko. I've defended him against the utterly OTT slating, nothing more. He gets slatted when he's played well, and I ain't the only one to notice this, just go to his thread a re-read what I've said, maybe you have me confused with someone else.

As for Trippier, he's still our worst footballer, I don't rate him at all and tonight does nothing to change this view, it will take a consistent string of game like tonight to change my mind, which I will gladly do if he does (bet he won't). When he's had a good game, I've always praised and acknowledged his performance, you see I don't do what Sissoko haters do, slate a player even if they play well just because you don't like a player, again my comments are their if you want to go find them (Fulham, Madrid and may be one more can't recall). I'll save you some time for what I said about him tonight though. Match Thread - Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan

Think you are are great poster too, but before you choose to call someone out best you get your facts right.
I won’t disagree with you. You are one of the in crowd on the forum. But you slate Trippier (who was excellent tonight) & defend Sissoko. You slate members for having an opinion on Trippier. Can you name me one game where Sissoko created more chances than this useless cunt Trippier?

You are popular on here. Doesn’t mean you’re immune from being called out. Actually, you are sounding like a fucking know it all.

I won’t disagree with you. You are one of the in crowd on the forum. But you slate Trippier (who was excellent tonight) & defend Sissoko. You slate members for having an opinion on Trippier. Can you name me one game where Sissoko created more chances than this useless cunt Trippier?
I slate Trippier when he's shit, when he deserves slating. I always back it up with my reasons, sometimes perhaps too detailed, maybe boring. I will also go in with my view against a post that is totally contrary to mine, if there hasn't been a game. I do not rate him one bit, this is just my opinion and I will defend it, tonight hasn't changed that, but I have praised him for his performance tonight because he deserved it, because I try not to let my dislike for him turn into a grudge I am able to do this.

Again, I defend Sissoko from OTT slating, the slatting that is unwarranted on many occasions. If I slated Trips tonight then it would be unwarranted and my dislike would be a biased grudge. For the umpteenth time I do not rate Sissoko, I would rather see Onomah play instead, something that I have said frequently.

The debate is not Trips vs Sissoko. I watch them play and comment on what I see, by doing this I can/will and have praised and slatted, hopefully matching the individual performance.

What part of this isn't sinking in?

He's not bad when he dribbles because his ability to pick out a pass is top-notch. It would be great if he could do that consistently like he did today. I still think he was decent today but nothing amazing. I'm supporting the guy to get better.

I slate Trippier when he's shit, when he deserves slating. I always back it up with my reasons, sometimes perhaps too detailed, maybe boring. I will also go in with my view against a post that is totally contrary to mine, if there hasn't been a game. I do not rate him one bit, this is just my opinion and I will defend it, tonight hasn't changed that, but I have praised him for his performance tonight because he deserved it, because I try not to let my dislike for him turn into a grudge I am able to do this.

Again, I defend Sissoko from OTT slating, the slatting that is unwarranted on many occasions. If I slated Trips tonight then it would be unwarranted and my dislike would be a biased grudge. For the umpteenth time I do not rate Sissoko, I would rather see Onomah play instead, something that I have said frequently.

The debate is not Trips vs Sissoko. I watch them play and comment on what I see, by doing this I can/will and have praised and slatted, hopefully matching the individual performance.

What part of this isn't sinking in?
I will I’ll ask you the same.
You have an irrational dislike for Trippier & have a pop at people who think Sissoko is shit.
What part isn’t sinking in?
Trippier was great tonight. But you will slag him off ‘ defend that chump??? Ok mate.

What are you going on about? I praised his performance tonight. Match Thread - Tottenham vs United – Wednesday 31st Jan
You have slated him. Mercilessly. Do I need to drag up all your criticisms? Over lots of threads?
You have verbally raped him for months. Don’t fucking deny it & say you “praise him”. That’s disingenuous & you know it.
You May have a lot of ticks in your popularity inbox but you are coming across as a cunt. No humility.

You have slated him. Mercilessly. Do I need to drag up all your criticisms? Over lots of threads?
You have verbally raped him for months. Don’t fucking deny it & say you “praise him”. That’s disingenuous & you know it.
You May have a lot of ticks in your popularity inbox but you are coming across as a cunt. No humility.
You are getting a bit weird now.

I don't rate him, I think he's pony, nothing has changed my opinion on this. But when he has played well I am able to acknowledge him for it and have always done so on those rare occasions, the posts are there, just as I did tonight. There is nothing for me to deny.

He's a Poch project .... and he will prove to be a very good one .... stepping into Walker's shoes was always going to be a big ask Trippier looks better and better all the time ... sharing the RB role with Aurier has helped his game ... was excellent tonight

Who the fuck is slating him? I praised him for tonight click on the link pal. Christ some people really still do just read the headline and not the content.
I didn't say you slated him tonight mate, but you still turned it into a negative by saying:
"As for Trippier, he's still our worst footballer, I don't rate him at all and tonight does nothing to change this view, it will take a consistent string of game like tonight to change my mind, which I will gladly do if he does (bet he won't)"
That's quite negative for a guy who just had a great game, almost wanting him to play bad in the future, to push your agenda against him, won't even let him have a night of praise without bringing up dismission lol. Just be happy he played well.

I didn't say you slated him tonight mate, but you still turned it into a negative by saying:
"As for Trippier, he's still our worst footballer, I don't rate him at all and tonight does nothing to change this view, it will take a consistent string of game like tonight to change my mind, which I will gladly do if he does (bet he won't)"
That's quite negative for a guy who just had a great game, almost wanting him to play bad in the future, to push your agenda against him, won't even let him have a night of praise without bringing up dismission lol. Just be happy he played well.
I over the moon he played well, I wouldn't have even made a comment on it if I didn't feel this. In match thread post game I wrote "EVERYONE was superb and I mean everyone, welcome on board the hype train Tripps, you were utter dog turd for the first 20min, but after that you grew into the game so well, still a fucking shit cross but hey thanks to the ugly man for turning it in".
One game (and less than a handful of others) doesn't change my view on him though. I think that's fairly rational and reasoned, if you don't then fine.

The fact he can cross a ball FIRST TIME seems to be his main strength...

Actually, it's EXACTLY what sets him apart from players who can run and cross the ball... Trippier's 'secret weapon' is to run ONTO the ball and get it in so quickly that the defender doesn't have time to prepare for it... or react.

See exhibit a)
article-2306398-19309729000005DC-999_306x545.jpg

Back
Top Bottom