Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought he was crap. Why the fuck do people like him for sticking in endless crosses into the box? He got an assist last night but fuck me it wasn't exactly a sweat move from the training ground, ball played to Kane, who slips on his arse so misses the ball and it goes across the box to Tipps who taps it's back to Kane who's unmarked. That was the ONLY "cross" that he found a Spurs player, literally every single cross he had last night was woeful (haven't dug out the stats but it wouldn't surprise me it was +10 crosses from him!!).

Defensively he was a liability, every single attack they had, and they had loads of them, came down his flank. Any oppo manger knows he's our weak link, so they target him and it works, were it not for Hugo and some woeful finishing on their part (or a team with better quality) we might have lost last night. He was beaten in the air, ball payed behind him, lost tackles. What are you lot watching?

A Spurs team doesn't concede shots on goal, except when Tripps plays, then we concede chance after chance. He's shit.

He megged the opposition at least twice in the first half, took his man on multiple times, beat his man down the line, had a number of great interchanges with Eriksen, and had half an assist at least on the first goal, which came directly from the keeper mishandling his cross into the box. Not really sure what else you want him to do.

Yes Watford tried to overload down the left against him during the second half, but surely he wasn't the only player playing defense for us. Incredibly bad refereeing and some poor midfield play by Dembele/Dier caused us to be extremely wasteful in possession.

I thought he had a great game overall, personally, and I know that several other posters expressed similar thoughts. You might want to rewatch the game.

I thought he was crap. Why the fuck do people like him for sticking in endless crosses into the box? He got an assist last night but fuck me it wasn't exactly a sweat move from the training ground, ball played to Kane, who slips on his arse so misses the ball and it goes across the box to Tipps who taps it's back to Kane who's unmarked. That was the ONLY "cross" that he found a Spurs player, literally every single cross he had last night was woeful (haven't dug out the stats but it wouldn't surprise me it was +10 crosses from him!!).

Defensively he was a liability, every single attack they had, and they had loads of them, came down his flank. Any oppo manger knows he's our weak link, so they target him and it works, were it not for Hugo and some woeful finishing on their part (or a team with better quality) we might have lost last night. He was beaten in the air, ball payed behind him, lost tackles. What are you lot watching?

A Spurs team doesn't concede shots on goal, except when Tripps plays, then we concede chance after chance. He's shit.

The club/Poch agree, apparently.

Did Trippier steal your lunch money in school?

Respectfully disagree, I thought he had a good game. Was one of our more lively players and caused them a lot of problems down that wing. Thought he was a bit of a headache for them.

He's ok but nothing special . Once again a decent performance .
Still Unfournatly inferior to what we had before and both (Davis) backs limit are attacking potential especially in decisive games
Both will never be as good and no window dressing from the rose tinted will convince.

He megged the opposition at least twice in the first half, took his man on multiple times, beat his man down the line, had a number of great interchanges with Eriksen, and had half an assist at least on the first goal, which came directly from the keeper mishandling his cross into the box. Not really sure what else you want him to do.

Yes Watford tried to overload down the left against him during the second half, but surely he wasn't the only player playing defense for us. Incredibly bad refereeing and some poor midfield play by Dembele/Dier caused us to be extremely wasteful in possession.

I thought he had a great game overall, personally, and I know that several other posters expressed similar thoughts. You might want to rewatch the game.
Sorry mate, that cross spilled by the keeper was the result of a howler from the keeper, not a scintillating cross at all.

He just pumped cross after cross after cross after cross last night only the short ball to Kane found a Spurs shirt. Every-other time we concede possession and there is no attack, it just means we now have to drop back and try to win the ball back all over again. His megs, anything come of them? Nope, so what was actually created? Nothing.

What I expect from a full back is to attack and defend, you have to do both. It's one of the hardest, most demanding roles on the pitch, when he goes forward that's us out of shape, someone has to come across and not just cover (which is normal) but actually take up his position so that means a CB pulled out wide or a DM pulled out wide, hence you get an over run or out numbered midfield if it's Dier or Dembele pulled out wide as the cover, basically spaces allover the shop caused solely because Tripps is out of the game defensively and can't get back. He's constantly beaten in the air and losses most of his 1v1's, resulting in numerous chances for the oppo. We are one of the best teams in the league and not conceding chances, unless Tripps plays, then we concede loads of them. He is our weak link, he is always targeted as a result of this, oppo always get chances from it and last night we were very, very lucky they didn't have their shooting boots on and Hugo dug him out of a massive hole.

Respectfully disagree, I thought he had a good game. Was one of our more lively players and caused them a lot of problems down that wing. Thought he was a bit of a headache for them.
Fine. But what problems are you referring to exactly? The spilled keeper cross was a keeper error, nothing to do with a fantastic too hot to handle cross, the assist for Kane was a rolled 8yrd pass to a player standing still unmarked in the box. So other than these two moments what problems and chances?

Barring in mind that they created more chances than us all from his area of the pitch.

Trippier had a good game amongst others that were poor. A level that should be standard for PL.. He showed energy and desire that lacked in others so all credit to him. He is better than that performance so we shouldn't complain and be thankful we have decent FB .

He's ok but nothing special . Once again a decent performance .
Still Unfournatly inferior to what we had before and both (Davis) backs limit are attacking potential especially in decisive games
Both will never be as good and no window dressing from the rose tinted will convince.
Actually I have to back Davies, I'm a massive Rose fan. I would like to have seen both of them fit (Rose and Davies) as I think Davies has had his hands tied behind his back this season because Poch has had to play him almost every game. In the past even a fit Rose was rotated and this would have benefited him as this position played by Rose and Walker was full-on up and down the line all game. So would like to have seen what Davies could have done if he was also given a rest. (Prior to this season I would have always gone with Rose, but I have some doubts on this now).

Not being funny, but if I say "every attack was because Dembele kept losing posession in the middle, and Dier was sloppy", would it hold some weight? I think it would.

99% of the forum think he had a really good game, as does the media.

I think your post is unlike you, as it smacks of the "Lamela is shit" tribe, who can never say well played, even when deserved.

Wait to see if he's still here for the start of next season

Maybe he will be, maybe he wont be, but at the end of the day i could probably name 7 players Id upgrade before Trippier.
Walker was also sold, Toby is also done....does it mean they are'nt good enough?

Sometimes the club makes shit decisions.......Im still waiting for someone to name this amazing RB that they feel will be an upgrade on Trippier. Last year we were linked with Aurier and Tolijan, so good luck with your fantasy transfer window season.

Maybe he will be, maybe he wont be, but at the end of the day i could probably name 7 players Id upgrade before Trippier.
Walker was also sold, Toby is also done....does it mean they are'nt good enough?

Sometimes the club makes shit decisions.......Im still waiting for someone to name this amazing RB that they feel will be an upgrade on Trippier. Last year we were linked with Aurier and Tolijan, so good luck with your fantasy transfer window season.

Kyle Walker-Peters

Trippier lost possession 24 times last night. More than any other player.

Next highest was 17.

I guess aimless crosses look pretty.

Trippier lost possession 24 times last night. More than any other player.

Next highest was 17.

I guess aimless crosses look pretty.

Its an isolated stat......you told me that Davies scoring more and assisting more than Rose was a useless stas, then you use this shit to try and prove something?? LOL

Maybe he was in possession, or involved 5 times more than any other player, so?

Karry Kane missed more open goals than anyone on the pitch last night. Shit performance.
:pochfacepalm:

Its an isolated stat......you told me that Davies scoring more and assisting more than Rose was a useless stas, then you use this shit to try and prove something?? LOL

Maybe he was in possession, or involved 5 times more than any other player, so?

Karry Kane missed more open goals than anyone on the pitch last night. Shit performance.
:pochfacepalm:

Actually, I said stats showing assists and goals don't equate to being more attacking than another full back.

I thought Trippier was crap defensively yesterday. Holebas and Richarlison quite regularly sent him for a hot dog. And practically all their attacks were down his side.

I'm entitled to my opinion of his lacklustre performance just like you are.

Back
Top Bottom