Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like his motivation, he just plays hard at it!

It's a Poch player, just like all our full backs. They know how important the full back running is to the success of this formation and they all seem to accept they are basically working in shifts and competing and nobody seems to be moaning about it.

Under previous management I could see Rose having a moan if Davies in, not now his attitude is top shelf

Both Trippier and Davies are more suited in a back4 Formation with wingers in front them because they are not equipped with adequate athleticism and mobility to dominate the flank on their own like peak Rose or Marcelo.
Err not really how a back 3 works, with a back three the FB's are pushed higher up the pitch, with a back four the FB's are required to do a lot more running as they are deeper (more ground to cover and all done with sprints). That's it in it's basic form, there are differences in shape when with or without the ball that will also influence too. But seeing how Tripps has played in a back three compared to when playing four, it's safe to say he's far, far more suited to a back three than a back four.

Anyone still want him shipped out ASAP?

:kaneear:
I've always thought him invaluable as a relible squad player with a first class attitude. Just doubted wether he has the attributes needed to be first choice in a side that has title or champions league aspirations. His performances for England though are leading me to revise my onions, I think

Last edited:
He’s still living off a good world cup with England where we played in a 5. Weakest player in our starting even in my opinion.

Great delivery from crosses but he makes too many mistakes, especially in the big games. If he’s not making a mistake, he’s normally suffering from a lack of pace. It’s painful to watch at times.

I know Walker wasn’t perfect, but he was quick enough to get back into position and didn’t make as many defensive mistakes (in his later years).

He gets Sissoko like treatment (before it was cool to like Sissoko) by a lot of spurs fans and i really don't like that shit.

Has he been poor? yes but some of the 'criticsm' is borderline abuse like what most used to do with Sissoko. It's almost like some actually hope he plays shit so they can 'criticise.
Exactly, it’s getting tiresome. We live in a hyper connected social media world, and the torrent of aggro he’s received for sure will have reached him one way or another. Hopefully he’s thick-skinned and stubborn and will put in a shift like he did in the WC semi, win it all then walk away with his held held high, albeit with a bitter taste.

Get behind the lad he’s a good player, it’s just one more game.

Back
Top Bottom