Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watch it again 100% trippiers fault - arms out as if shielding the ball for loris to collect then without looking where his keeper is decided to pass it back promptly sliding the ball into the empty net - comical really but I’m not laughing

The problem is, as a keeper you do one of two things either go for the ball 100% or 0%. Not start and then stop and then start again. But that aside, Hugo as per any times this season should have been at a bare minimum starting from the penalty spot if not nearer to the edge of the area. He started at the 6 yard box. That's what caused the panic. Willian simply played two poor players and got a mistake when there should have been an easy solution.

I was gutted when we sold walker. I know he wasn’t perfect but he was fucking good on his day. I remember when Rose and Walker were both considered to be the best full backs in the league. This makes me sad

:pochfacepalm:

Watch it again 100% trippiers fault - arms out as if shielding the ball for loris to collect then without looking where his keeper is decided to pass it back promptly sliding the ball into the empty net - comical really but I’m not laughing

None of us are mate

Rose is the only decent FB we have and he has fitness problems
KWP has potential but that’s all

Personally would cash on him and aurier in the summer now .
Both can be upgraded.
Yep. Neither are good enough. They're not even decent steady-Eddies like Davies.
It can't be that hard to find a RB with some pace, who takes a man on occasionally, isn't reckless, has positional sense, and doesn't pass the ball into his own net can it surely?

He's still raw and a bit weak, but I can't see KWP doing any worse. Plus unlike the others he has potential

I was gutted when we sold walker. I know he wasn’t perfect but he was fucking good on his day. I remember when Rose and Walker were both considered to be the best full backs in the league. This makes me sad

We took the dirty money and strengthening a rival.
Bought down grades .
The supercunts relentlessly told us proudly that Tripps was better , Aurier the real deal , Davis better than Rose because he didn't toe the party line.
We have no chance with these supercunts on board .

Well shit happens, we gonna buy and we gonna sell, plus he wanted to leave so you can’t really stop a player if he decides he wants to leave. I was all for giving Trippier a chance because he was being professional and never moaned that he didn’t get first team chances and he did well in some games as far as I can remember, although it was clear he was a downgrade on Walker. Now Walker seems to have turned shit and Trippier’s still showing why he was only a back-up player for so long. If he wants to stay he can stay but he shouldn’t be a first team choice imo, because he doesn’t compliment our system.

Personally would cash on him and aurier in the summer now .
Both can be upgraded.

The disappointing thing is I believe all of our fullbacks have the ability to do what we need but none apart from Rose even attempt it. I'd love to see the number of genuine take ons our full backs have attempted, as well as the amount of unsuccessful crosses which is hardly surprising seeing as we play one up top against two centre backs most of the time

There's no doubt Trippier should have no future at the club, but he wasn't the main culprit in the 2nd goal.

Hugo was coming out, stopped, Willian starts to close down Trippier and Hugo makes another of those suicide dashes. Trippier as usual isn't aware of whats round him just compounds the fuckuppery
Sorry, but no. Absolute worst case scenario when he sees Lloris has run out is just to twat the ball hard out for a corner.

His cute finish into the middle of the goal is fucking unforgivable.

The trouble here is that KWP doesn't figure in Poch's immediate plans. Which leaves Aurier. Two grim fucking options.

One way or another Poch needs to make a decision and consign at least 2 out of the 3 to the 'out' list.

2 years of treading water.... Enough is enough.

Thought he had a good game and controlled Hazard well. The mistake just shows lack of bollocks though, as per usual with this team.

I can concede that none of our full backs are good enough. They’ve all regressed, and that’s on Poch and his insistence of playing them practically every other week in rotation.
Just stupid

Thought he had a good game and controlled Hazard well. The mistake just shows lack of bollocks though, as per usual with this team.

I can concede that none of our full backs are good enough. They’ve all regressed, and that’s on Poch and his insistence of playing them practically every other week in rotation.
Just stupid

I agree...rotation is fucking them...remember when rose was out a lot last year and Ben came in for 18 or so games and was immense? Same with aurier...it's like he fucking forgets what to do if he don't play every week.

Sorry, but no. Absolute worst case scenario when he sees Lloris has run out is just to twat the ball hard out for a corner.

His cute finish into the middle of the goal is fucking unforgivable.

I agree, the ball into the middle of the goal is schoolboy at best, suspect at worst.

Here's the thing though. Hugo is shit at starting positions. He stays on his six yard line when he should be out nearer the edge of his area. When he starts his mad "Hokey Cokey" routine the ball is now in that area of confusion between a defender and goalkeeper.

If you watch side on replays, when the ball is flicked on, Willian isn't chasing, but Hugo isn't in the picture. When Hugo starts his Forest Gump tribute, Willian is closer to the ball than Hugo. I agree in that situation Trippier should have hoofed the ball, but what would have made it far easier is if Hugo held his position at the 6 yard box for the backpass.

The goal shows a damning statement. We have a World Cup winning captain and a World cup semi-finalist making mistakes you wouldn't expect to see in an under 12s game.

And as for goal 1..........

Tottenham 1-2 Liverpool
Ball over the top of Trippier leads to their second (and decisive) goal.

Tottenham 0-1 Man City
Ball over the top of Trippier leads to their only goal.

Tottenham 0-1 Man United
Stupid infield pass to no one by Trippier is intercepted and leads to a goal.

Chelsea 2-0 Tottenham
Kieran fucking Trippier.

It can't be that hard to find a RB with some pace, who takes a man on occasionally, isn't reckless, has positional sense, and doesn't pass the ball into his own net can it surely?

I think you need to talk to our Chief Scout (if we have one). He/She is probably in Samoa checking out some 7 year old prospect (and wrapping in a holiday while they're there).

I've always thought our RWB pairing should be Trippier/KWP (ship Aurier out). I'm having a re-think after last night.

It is boring to level blame at Trippier FFS.

Managers manage. It is up to them and their coaching team to ensure the players that produce and are playing near to their optimum are picked.

Trippier has made a few mistakes and not been at his best this season. He is amongst many of our players in that regard.

But his contract won't have I must be picked. See what Spendiola did with Walker. What Soljskaer has done with Lukaku.

It is up to Pochettino who starts, and now with this utterly insane and near constant squad rotation, regardless of result and performance, he is in danger of picking players for the sake of it.

Trippier ain't been great but unless he is benched for a few games how will he improve?

Yesterday's bigger gripe for me was his lack of ability to beat the first man with his attempts at crossing a ball.

The own goal was typical of our last 2 games.

Back
Top Bottom