Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bizarre transfer if true.

Bit harsh those cunting him off though, we're in the Champions League Final through mainly playing this supposed waste of space/

I don’t get it:
Tug off the manager relentlessly.

Manager plays a “championship” RB every week and leaves two “much better” RBs out of the squad.

Still tug off the manager, and not comment on it/blame the chairman

I realise he has his limitations, I'm not blind, but we've done alright relying on him seeing as KWP isn't deemed good enough and Aurier is made of cheese strings apparently.

Have to say I feel bad for Trippier, doesn't deserve the abuse some give him. He isn't dreadful, do ppl forget Naughton and Hutton etc. is he is weak link, yes. Should we upgrade, yes. But he is a good creator, technically sound, just forgets to track his man sometimes. Too much but he can have goood games. He's served the club well.

I wouldn't mind if he stayed as a back-up, but if his sale means we can buy a better RB, and a CM/CDM then i'm happy to thank him for his time and wish him all the best in the future.

There are far worse fates than leaving London for Italy as CL champion.

The issue I see with Trippier isn't ability, he just doesn't have that passion or attitude to run himself into the ground, take the Ajax game as an example, both goals from his responsibility - De Lift runs off him for the first and rather than at least attempting to follow him he turns and starts shouting to the ref about Vertonghen being on the floor, second goal he loses a header and tries to con the ref into a foul, sees the ball is still nearby so briefly hassles their player, but then as it's passed away does he bother running back? No, you can see when the camera pans after the goal he's still near the halfway line, bearing in mind Ziyech starts from the same position as Trippier and scores while Trip doesn't move is abysmal. That's a poor attitude and nothing can compensate for that.

He’s simply not good enough to be our RB if we want to move forward to title run. It was evident since that day Sane absolutely killed him on the flank two years ago. For all of his delivery we can’t have a RB who can’t cope defensively

Last edited:
I find it funny that apparently he’s WBA level, but when Napoli show interest, suddenly Napoli are no better than Leeds, just to keep up the mantra.

What if the Atletico rumours are true? Are Atletico suddenly on a par with Reading?

I think people need to accept that while he’s not for them, and just had a terrible season with two major injuries, he has still been a consistent top 4 RB for three straight seasons and is about to play in a CL final.

Say what you want, but if you think Aurier and KWP are better, then you can’t really “trust in Poch” can you

So if Trippier plays, we’ll concede one goal?
Oh how disastrous
Sammy I DON"T GIVE TWO FUCKS about how good/bad Napoli or Atletico Madrid are perceived to be. Trippier is a fucking disaster of a player, proper Championship level player. If you disagree with that, then fine I can live with that. The one thing that is, I think bar a tiny number of people, is that he has been shocking this season and isn't good enough for Spurs. (all the reasons why I don't think he's good enough have been posted by me for an age and are highly detailed in their reasoning, not worth posting them agian).

I expect him to do very well in Italy if the move comes off. Kudos for him to be willing to move abroad- I’m always supportive of a British player willing to do so.

Despite his obvious limitations and frustrating tendencies, he’s been part of our growth and he got great exposure at the World Cup.

Above all he represents the classic Spurs model under Levy, buy low sell high. Making 6x what we signed him for.

Yep!!

Again anyone that thinks we aren't this type of club is about as deluded as they come! Or AGAIN, just don't get the Club at all.
With all due respect, I think our revenue streams would make a zero net spend window unacceptable at this point.

'Sell to buy'... okay, yes, obvious that there needs to be outgoings to balance the incomings - but we should be investing some money into this squad.

With all due respect, I think our revenue streams would make a zero net spend window unacceptable at this point.

'Sell to buy'... okay, yes, obvious that there needs to be outgoings to balance the incomings - but we should be investing some money into this squad.
Unless it's generated by the club no money is going to be "invested" into buying players. We are generating significantly more revenue than we have ever done so I expect there is money to spend. How much is the question as we will no doubt be increasing wages on the players that we wish to keep in addition to new players that we want to buy.

Unless it's generated by the club no money is going to be "invested" into buying players. We are generating significantly more revenue than we have ever done so I expect there is money to spend. How much is the question as we will no doubt be increasing wages on the players that we wish to keep in addition to new players that we want to buy.
Well, that is what I meant when I said 'investing' money - from the club's organic revenue rather than doping. One only needs to look at how much cash we've made from this CL run alone to see there should be resources.

But the key thing I'm getting at (and I think from your response that you agree) is that we can break our previous trend of being transfer spend neutral.

Bizarre transfer if true.

Bit harsh those cunting him off though, we're in the Champions League Final through mainly playing this supposed waste of space/
You have a point, I do like him and he is committed for the cause but if you analyse he is an average player at best in his position with mistakes and blonde moments. A quick reminder, Henry like (own) goal beating Hugo v chelski away and weak defending led to conceding the second goal v Ajax away and poor crosses springs to mind.

Well, that is what I meant when I said 'investing' money - from the club's organic revenue rather than doping. One only needs to look at how much cash we've made from this CL run alone to see there should be resources.

But the key thing I'm getting at (and I think from your response that you agree) is that we can break our previous trend of being transfer spend neutral.
I'm saying there will be ZERO change in how we do our business because we will only spend based on what our ability is to generate in revenue via our own means.

The variables are ;
1. Wages - Increase existing wage bill for those players we keep
2. Wages - on new players (these will often tend to be on the top end of our spectrum if buying "ready-made/proven" players, as opposed to Foyth, Dier, Dele, Tripps type of signings.
3. Servicing debt (I think we have this largely covered & even more so when/if we get naming rights partner and the point we renegotiate a new deal with the banks).
4. The purchase price of new players is a bit of a red herring (not entirely) in the main as they are based on staged payments and are amortised over the term of their contract.
5. What and who the manager wants to spend. Is he fishing in the NDombele/deLigt/De Jong pond or another or both?

Gen. question.... In other words you mean zero net or zero spend?

Back
Top Bottom