Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southgate is one of the most overrated managers ever he's tactically inept.

One decent world cup campaign and the media were hailing him as some kind of footballing God just daft.

Took Middlesbrough down

Was half decent under 21 manager

Had a lucky run in last World Cup to semifinals
Tripps scored a cracker but Southgate had no plan B when we went behind

Nice chap and a safe pair of hands which sum the English FA up!

He gets Sissoko like treatment (before it was cool to like Sissoko) by a lot of spurs fans and i really don't like that shit.

Has he been poor? yes but some of the 'criticsm' is borderline abuse like what most used to do with Sissoko. It's almost like some actually hope he plays shit so they can 'criticise.

He gets Sissoko like treatment (before it was cool to like Sissoko) by a lot of spurs fans and i really don't like that shit.

Has he been poor? yes but some of the 'criticsm' is borderline abuse like what most used to do with Sissoko. It's almost like some actually hope he plays shit so they can 'criticise.
Exactly, it’s getting tiresome. We live in a hyper connected social media world, and the torrent of aggro he’s received for sure will have reached him one way or another. Hopefully he’s thick-skinned and stubborn and will put in a shift like he did in the WC semi, win it all then walk away with his held held high, albeit with a bitter taste.

Get behind the lad he’s a good player, it’s just one more game.

Should hopefully motivate him further than being a cup final, being able to put in a great performance and shove it down southgates and Trent Darby's throats.

Last edited:
Disappointed for him to not be selected and it's not great news for us. His transfer fee and perhaps his confidence will be knocked.

I believe we need an upgrade at right back but don't want the player panned in the interim. He keeps his head down, trains hard and has waited for his chance, doesn't complain, rock the boat or spout loads of shite on SM. Hopefully for everyone he gets a move somewhere him and his family are excited about and we get a decent wedge

Disappointed for him to not be selected and it's not great news for us. His transfer fee and perhaps his confidence will be knocked.

I believe we need an upgrade at right back but don't want the player panned in the interim. He keeps his head down, trains hard and has waited for his chance, doesn't complain, rock the boat or spout loads of shite on SM. Hopefully for everyone he gets a move somewhere him and his family are excited about and we get a decent wedge

CL medal and a swansong in Italy sounds very nice indeed. He cost us 3m... Getting too caught up in his fee and costing him such a move would be harsh.

One can't question the lads commitment, so good luck to him.

He's Spurs, until he's not.

Last edited:
Feel sorry for him.......I guess the "squad is injured, fatigued and running on empty" mantra was really the "squad is injured, fatigued and running on empty except Trippier"

Wonder how many of our “supporters” are happy that Trippier isn’t in the England squad? I don’t tend to gain happiness from the misfortune of our own players. Maybe I’m doing this support thing wrong though.

Not quoting anyone in particular to ensure no hissy fits.
Dont think anyone is happy that Trippier isnt in theEngland squad, his value goes down and the club gets less money when we sell him. But no one will be surprised, hes been shit.

We can all say and maybe in the biggest and most emphatic way ever, that tbe ends justifies the means but our squad should have not been left so exposed.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick, but are you implying we should have FOUR RBs on the books?

We can all say and maybe in the biggest and most emphatic way ever, that tbe ends justifies the means but our squad should have not been left so exposed.
That’s a little bit hindsight in my view.....not one team in the world foresees the injuries we had.
Over 50 separate injuries.

There is a real strange misconception here that the back up wasn’t good enough.
The back up got us top 4 and could be champions of Europe in a few days.

People have basically slated the back up for not being as good as the first choice.

So I guess if we should be doing it like Liverpool, then Shaqiri and Origi are as good as Salah

That’s a little bit hindsight in my view.....not one team in the world foresees the injuries we had.
Over 50 separate injuries.

There is a real strange misconception here that the back up wasn’t good enough.
The back up got us top 4 and could be champions of Europe in a few days.

People have basically slated the back up for not being as good as the first choice.

So I guess if we should be doing it like Liverpool, then Shaqiri and Origi are as good as Salah

Are Lucas & Lamela better than Shaqiri and Origi?

I think so. :)

Back
Top Bottom