Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair, it does help them that their whole stadium build cost 240m euros. Significantly less than ours.
It was around 300m but also built on an existing old one which helped significantly with cost

Ours was meant to be around 600m before Levy caused numerous delays, NFL dick-sucks and costs ballooned

It was around 300m but also built on an existing old one which helped significantly with cost

Ours was meant to be around 600m before Levy caused numerous delays, NFL dick-sucks and costs ballooned
The how's and the why's are largely irrelevant.
We are saddled with more debt than most clubs in Europe and it is undoubtedly biting our ability to spend.

He went to a club who, just when things were starting to look stale, the higher-ups decided to support it's long-tenured Argentine coach who had already shown he could improve them, with an aggressive squad rebuild whilst moving into a new stadium.

Funny that.
Trippier left in the summer of 2019. There was £150 odd million spent that summer largely in assembling a new midfield with the likes of Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sessegnon coming in. Another £100 million spent by Mourinho last summer.

Plenty of money spent on new players here. It’s the shit recruitment system, identifying talent and signing duds that’s the problem.

Last edited:
The how's and the why's are largely irrelevant.
We are saddled with more debt than most clubs in Europe and it is undoubtedly biting our ability to spend.
We are saddled wiht debt because our cunt owner fucked up - how is that irrelevant?

They are very similar to us in the way they are ran yes. The major difference is that they’ve found a manager who appears to have the complete faith of the owners and fans, so they can suffer the odd downturn in fortune without going nuclear. This continuity is what works for them.

On the other hand, well, you only have to spend five minutes on here to see what some of our fans are like. And Levy is no more patient or understanding. It’s his biggest flaw, in my mind, that he just can’t seem to see that constant manager sackings are achieving nothing. If he deserves a bag of oranges to the balls for anything, that’s top of my list.

If we give the next guy the patience and time AM give Simeone, we’ve a much better chance of success, because we can’t buy it like City or Chelsea.
I would be happy if our downturn in fortunes mirrored theirs and our success also . But our downturns are far worse and our success is a joke by comparison. Of course their fans are happy and we are not

lol. This is about the long term future and stability of the club. Success/failure can’t be measured within the first 3 years, with a year of corona thrown in.

We are in the same phase Woolwich were in 2006-15. Except they had Wenger to keep them top 4 every season.
Lol - another ENIC bot reading from the script.

We are saddled wiht debt because our cunt owner fucked up - how is that irrelevant?
We are Poundland I am not surprised . Most on here are to young to remember Mister Byrite the family business I would imagine. Well if you can remember it our current malaise will be no great shock, if you can’t look it up on Google

They are very similar to us in the way they are ran yes. The major difference is that they’ve found a manager who appears to have the complete faith of the owners and fans, so they can suffer the odd downturn in fortune without going nuclear. This continuity is what works for them.

On the other hand, well, you only have to spend five minutes on here to see what some of our fans are like. And Levy is no more patient or understanding. It’s his biggest flaw, in my mind, that he just can’t seem to see that constant manager sackings are achieving nothing. If he deserves a bag of oranges to the balls for anything, that’s top of my list.

If we give the next guy the patience and time AM give Simeone, we’ve a much better chance of success, because we can’t buy it like City or Chelsea.
Atletico won the Spanish Cup in Simeone’s first full season, 2012/13 and the Spanish League the following season 2013/14. They hadn’t won anything over the next 7 seasons until yesterday but they finished in the Top 3 every season.

There’s a Big 2 in Spain, but Atletico are a fairly distant 3rd big beast as well, ahead of everyone else. Atletico operate in a vacuum where they’re pretty much guaranteed European Cup football every season, they’re not expected to finish ahead of the Big 2 and when they do, it’s a bonus.

They nearly threw away the league this season and would have done so if they’d conceded a late equaliser yesterday. It was shaping up to be a right Spursy collapse. Two thirds of the way, 25 games in, they had a double digits point lead, then only won 3 of next 10 in what was looking like a full scale collapse but won their last 3. Elche missed a last minute penalty for an equaliser against them a few games from the end, which was the final turning point really.

Last edited:
Atletico won the Spanish Cup in Simeone’s first full season, 2012/13 and the Spanish League the following season 2013/14. They hadn’t won anything over the next 7 seasons until yesterday but they finished in the Top 3 every season.

There’s a Big 2 in Spain, but Atletico are a fairly distant 3rd big beast as well, ahead of everyone else. Atletico operate in a vacuum where they’re pretty much guaranteed European Cup football every season, they’re not expected to finish ahead of the Big 2 and when they do, it’s a bonus.

They nearly threw away the league this season and would have done so if they’d conceded a late equaliser yesterday. It was shaping up to be a right Spursy collapse. Two thirds of the way, 25 games in, they had a double digits point lead, then only won 3 of next 10 in what was looking like a full scale collapse but won their last 3. Elche missed a last minute penalty for an equaliser against them a few games from the end, which was the final turning point really.
But they didn’t

He's done very well in Spain and usually puts in a good shift for the national team when he is selected.

Man United are interested but Atheltico won't budge from 40 million euros apparently. And fair play to them. An irony is of course if he was in the market now is that he would be a player we would be very interested in...

He's done very well in Spain and usually puts in a good shift for the national team when he is selected.

Man United are interested but Atheltico won't budge from 40 million euros apparently. And fair play to them. An irony is of course if he was in the market now is that he would be a player we would be very interested in...
I never wanted him to leave to be honsts.Said it on here as well.He had a poor season,as opposed to becoming a poor player.

I never wanted him to leave to be honsts.Said it on here as well.He had a poor season,as opposed to becoming a poor player.
Agree. Had a poor final season but still a technically proficient footballer. He offers something different from Aurier - they both have weaknesses but I don't think we've improved on him. Perhaps he needed (or wanted) a change.

Agree. Had a poor final season but still a technically proficient footballer. He offers something different from Aurier - they both have weaknesses but I don't think we've improved on him. Perhaps he needed (or wanted) a change.
It didn't help that he had nobody covering him and because he's short they kept punting the ball over him and running past him. I remember being at Wembley vs City ( when the pitch was fucked after the NFL) and they did that about three times before Mahrez scored.

Back
Top Bottom