Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sign expensive foreigners...not got enough premier league experience.

Sign defender with premier league experience....unambitious.

ENIC (Levy) can't win whatever they do. The guy is solid, if not remarkable, and I am pretty confident he'll give his all in every game he plays after listening to his interviews. We know what he can and can't do and yes while he isn't a world beater he fits with our style and (I hate this term) philosophy right now.

Sign expensive foreigners...not got enough premier league experience.

Sign defender with premier league experience....unambitious.

Nonsense, the summer where we signed Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches, Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen showed great ambition, there were risks and chances taken and true not all of them paid off.
The signing of Trippier seems unambitious to me as it seems like the typical 'safe' ENIC signing, young, inexpensive, potential to be a great player but if he doesn't turn out well then it's no problem as he can just be sent packing without THFC losing face.

With this transfer window (imho) I won't be impressed unless ENIC with advise from Pochettino and his staff reinvest again in a mixture of players with varying levels of experience in the top leagues of football (I'm not talking about one season in the prem with a side that got relegated)

Personally I would like to see Spurs sign Bacca (Great in EL and 28 goals to his name last season), Alderweireld (Experienced playing in Europa and won three back to back titles with Ajax 2010-2013, wasn't half bad at Southampton either) and a holding midfielder.

Nonsense, the summer where we signed Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches, Lamela, Chadli and Eriksen showed great ambition, there were risks and chances taken and true not all of them paid off.
The signing of Trippier seems unambitious to me as it seems like the typical 'safe' ENIC signing, young, inexpensive, potential to be a great player but if he doesn't turn out well then it's no problem as he can just be sent packing without THFC losing face.

With this transfer window (imho) I won't be impressed unless ENIC with advise from Pochettino and his staff reinvest again in a mixture of players with varying levels of experience in the top leagues of football (I'm not talking about one season in the prem with a side that got relegated)

Personally I would like to see Spurs sign Bacca (Great in EL and 28 goals to his name last season), Alderweireld (Experienced playing in Europa and won three back to back titles with Ajax 2010-2013, wasn't half bad at Southampton either) and a holding midfielder.

You've kinda missed the point I was making with your first paragraph. Basically, that whatever route the management take people will have complaints about the chosen methodology behind signing players.

I agree with the rest of your post though. Ideally we'll sign a good balance of potential and current first team players. Using Trippier, he isn't a 19 year old who has played 15 games, he has experience in the Championship and in the Premier League. Whilst inexpensive, he fits the bill for a squad player as you've said and is probably an upgrade on Naughton who we sold in January and didn't really replace.

Bacca would be a risk but he has shone as you said in the Europa League and La Liga. Alderweireld I'm not 100% sure if the saviour a lot of people are making him out to be but I wouldn't be against his signing providing we shifted some of our current lot which we should well do.

Not sure how that summer showed ambition when all we did was spend the Bale money. Surely ambition would be them spending out of their own pocket and not just using the sale money?

Not sure how that summer showed ambition when all we did was spend the Bale money. Surely ambition would be them spending out of their own pocket and not just using the sale money?
It was ambitious cause we took a gamble on a few players that aren't the type we normally sign, I would go on about what I think of ENIC but you've already heard it a thousand times.

disappointed with the trippier signing.
surely there was a RB on a free we could have got.
"no ££, no risk "as i think mr marley once sang.

There's not that many good right backs in the premier league at the moment - as good as Walker has looked in the past he always seems to have a mistake in him, I think Trippier will be a starter for us.

I don't get the ambitious signing stuff, he clearly wants to play for Tottenham and we need more players like that in the squad than your Capoues, Paulinhos etc. Are people basing his signing as being unambitious due to the value, the club he came from?

There's not that many good right backs in the premier league at the moment - as good as Walker has looked in the past he always seems to have a mistake in him, I think Trippier will be a starter for us.

I don't get the ambitious signing stuff, he clearly wants to play for Tottenham and we need more players like that in the squad than your Capoues, Paulinhos etc. Are people basing his signing as being unambitious due to the value, the club he came from?

How many times have you seen him play?

Ive seen him play around 7-8 games, I have a 'friend' from Burnley and he is obsessed with them.
Trippier is actually really good, hope we get more players like him by which I mean a very hard worker, strong in the tackle and can put in a decent cross, just like Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Dier - I think Wimmer will be in the same bracket too!
Are you insane? Can you get even more unambitious?

How many times have you seen him play?
I've seen Walker enough to know it's a position we can improve in, and we've gone after this guy quickly so I'm keen to see him in a spurs shirt and give him a chance.

I thought us signing Davies last year would see him as the starter, but he had a few off games and Rose improved considerably, it could happen with Trippier and Walker.

I can't really remember much of him last season, but then I can barely remember what I did at the weekend.

Im sorry that he didn't cost £50 Million - Just remember 3 years ago Schniederlin wasn't a big name, Southampton and Poch made him the player he is today.

If you put our 'best XI' on paper against a 'second XI', I'm willing to bet we spend less on wages and spent less on transfers on the best.

But of course, lets spend £30m on someone because we've got extra TV money to spend.

I can see Trippier starting too. Then again, I thought Davies would start and Rose flew out the blocks. Saying that if Walker was to try and race out the blocks, he'd hurt himself.

If you put our 'best XI' on paper against a 'second XI', I'm willing to bet we spend less on wages and spent less on transfers on the best.

But of course, lets spend £30m on someone because we've got extra TV money to spend.
Totally agree, lets get another Paulinho or 2 because thats what Poch wants, most players with no Prem expierince but because they cost more money it must mean they have a desire to exceed, unlike players like Harry Kane, Bentaleb, Rose, Mason & even Trippier because why would they want to prove themselves with a big club like Tottenham?

Back
Top Bottom