Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like his motivation, he just plays hard at it!

It's a Poch player, just like all our full backs. They know how important the full back running is to the success of this formation and they all seem to accept they are basically working in shifts and competing and nobody seems to be moaning about it.

Under previous management I could see Rose having a moan if Davies in, not now his attitude is top shelf

It's a Poch player, just like all our full backs. They know how important the full back running is to the success of this formation and they all seem to accept they are basically working in shifts and competing and nobody seems to be moaning about it.

Under previous management I could see Rose having a moan if Davies in, not now his attitude is top shelf
That seems to be the main thing Poch has been able to establish, he's the boss and he demands and receives the respect from his players, and towards the board (esp Levy) he seems to take the position the players have and respects how the chain of command works + uses effective communication to manage both sides of his job. This is a very good manager from a people point of view.

Kieran has certainly improved as the season has progressed and had another good game yesterday

I was worried about him earlier especially in the Europa where he had a mare, Monaco I think
He did have a good game. But I wonder if Walker would have switched off and failed to get back into position like he did for Sunderland's goal if Kyle would have been slaughtered.
Tripper was at fault. There was need to come inside, but then he had a brain fart and was too slow to get back into position, left standing in the CB position when he should have gone back wide - when the ball went back - enabling Ali to move up.
Off topic I read in the paper criticism for Delle Ali for flicking the ball into Van Aanholt's face. Yet nobody has mentioned the unnecessary 'shove/charge' from him when the ball was going out that could have sent Ali over the hoarding. That's why he did it, because that silly cunt wanted to start something. I hate cunts that can't take it but want to dish it out.

Yes Alli only barely flicked the ball at him

Hardly touched him, just get on with it ffs!

Trippier should become a soothsayer! He said this when we played watford away...

"Tottenham defender Kieran Trippier claims last-gasp winner proves his side have what it takes to secure Champions League place"

Now he just has scored the winner against Watford at home to leave us in second. You know he is feeling smug as fook! They all know that they are without a doubt Champions League material. This Spurs team could give the best teams in Europe a good drubbing.

Trippier awesome winner. When it matters thats what counts the most! :bow::pochlol::coys:

Absolutely tremendous today (as was Davies). All four of our fullbacks bring something different to the table. Incredible depth at what is probably the toughest position to fill in Poch's system.

Minor side note: He should definitely be taking corners when he is on the pitch. He was great at it last year for Burnley and we've been a bit inconsistent at times.

I don't know, honestly. Both him and Kyle have played extremely well lately
Trippier after todays game is undroppable for any other team. With us, especially under Pochettino, I think the players realise they aren't 100% guaranteed starters, maybe except obviously the captain Lloris. But we will use the squad we have to counter weaknesses in the opposition.

Walker has pace that would help out against an Aguero or a Sterling but Trippier has a cross that would cause all sorts of problems for Otamendi and Demichellis at the back. Will certainly be a headache for Pochettino.

Trippier after todays game is undroppable for any other team. With us, especially under Pochettino, I think the players realise they aren't 100% guaranteed starters, maybe except obviously the captain Lloris. But we will use the squad we have to counter weaknesses in the opposition.

Walker has pace that would help out against an Aguero or a Sterling but Trippier has a cross that would cause all sorts of problems for Otamendi and Demichellis at the back. Will certainly be a headache for Pochettino.
A wonderful headache, really

I don't know, honestly. Both him and Kyle have played extremely well lately
FB's are the one obvious area to rotate, they get through so much work in a match they can't sustain it for too many weeks. They are very different types which makes it challenging for the oppo to know what they're going to be up against.
I agree with Yinzer that he should take corners too. He got loads of assists last season with Burnley, and Ive no doubt his corners could be dynamite.

As a side note I think that Walker has improved significantly over the past few weeks.

Don't forget Atouba :dierno:

Oh dear...

I actually quite liked the other two left backs though - Erik Edman and Retro Ziegler weren't too bad...

Also, to this day, I'm still convinced they are the same person...

Tottenham-Erik-Edman.jpg
19247-zoom.jpg

Thought his first couple of games were a tad shaky but his recent performances have been in a different class. especially today. I love Kyle, but I always feel he also has one bad mistake in every game.
We are very lucky to have four good full backs that understand Poch's philosophy and he seems to be able to keep them all happy.

Back
Top Bottom