Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I cannot envisage any scenario where we sign an unproven center back of 23 years of age, playing in the Chinese league, when Jose Mourinho is our manager and he doesn’t end up being Bongani Khumalo MKII. Sorry optimists.
:mourbye:

I cannot envisage any scenario where we sign an unproven center back of 23 years of age, playing in the Chinese league, when Jose Mourinho is our manager and he doesn’t end up being Bongani Khumalo MKII. Sorry optimists.
:mourbye:
Not sure that's fair. It really does depend on the fee. We will get the cash back flogging him back to the Chinese market if he is duff. He's proven there and they have money.

Obligatory YouTube video:

Looks fast, strong and good on the ball. Obviously no way of knowing if he is actually any good though from that video. Especially when it comes to concentration and anticipation etc.

They listed “off the ball” as his only weakness which is a bit puzzling but I doubt the video editor has a clue anyway. :harryhmm:

Not sure that's fair. It really does depend on the fee. We will get the cash back flogging him back to the Chinese market if he is duff. He's proven there and they have money.
Oh no disputing that. My argument would be I think there’s no way in hell we would be signing him for anything other than to increase our Asian Fan base even more. I could actually see it happening as it is picking up pace, but reckon he’d go straight into the Ghaly, Khumlao, Yedlin pile...

But hey, I’d love to be proved wrong.

EbXKF6-XsAA5You

EbXZGUOXgAIzqac

Done deal. Here's our two South Korean lads posing for a picture in their kits...

Oh no disputing that. My argument would be I think there’s no way in hell we would be signing him for anything other than to increase our Asian Fan base even more. I could actually see it happening as it is picking up pace, but reckon he’d go straight into the Ghaly, Khumlao, Yedlin pile...

But hey, I’d love to be proved wrong.
We haven't done one of those signings for quite a while though.

And from a business standpoint, I can't help but think that's a really bad idea. Shirt sales are a bit of a myth, I don't think the Asian fans are that gullible.

Obviously it depends on price, but he seems to have potential. 13.5 million is not much these days. A “proven” defender would be at least 4x as much. With the stadium loan and COVID-19 still out there for who knows how long, big money transfers might not be in the cards.

I guess if he is cheap and young-ish its not a terrible signing and having never seen him maybe he is a hidden gem in China but from the outside the optics don't make a ton of sense because he does not seem like the kind of player that we need and just spending the limited money we already have on what would be our 6th or 7th CB depending on who stays or goes at the end of the year.

Much prefer to get the Brazilian kid out of France if we are looking at adding a depth back-up CB.

Such an odd link. Only comforting thought is that you'd imagine Son would have a good read on his quality and would be consulted about it. Could be found completely wanting at Premier League level. Gabriel Magalhaes links left me too hopeful, he's looked really good the few times I've seen him play.

I guess if he is cheap and young-ish its not a terrible signing and having never seen him maybe he is a hidden gem in China but from the outside the optics don't make a ton of sense because he does not seem like the kind of player that we need and just spending the limited money we already have on what would be our 6th or 7th CB depending on who stays or goes at the end of the year.

Much prefer to get the Brazilian kid out of France if we are looking at adding a depth back-up CB.
Agreed, could be worth a punt for the price.

Back
Top Bottom