Kim Min-Jae

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you get Kim being left footed? Everywhere I have seen says he plays on right.
Can't say I've noticed him play. I did watch a few of the Asian Cup games when Sonny needed to win to stay with us, but I can't remember him.

That being said FIFA 20 has him as right footed.

Momentum seems to be building. As stated by someone else, there is a rift between him and his club/league because he essentially called his main defensive partner trash, which was seen as an affront to all of Chinese football.

Also, the above link has a video of him taking the ball away from our old friend Moussa Dembele!

Momentum seems to be building. As stated by someone else, there is a rift between him and his club/league because he essentially called his main defensive partner trash, which was seen as an affront to all of Chinese football.

Also, the above link has a video of him taking the ball away from our old friend Moussa Dembele!

If the rift is real and the pathway is not complicated by any other clubs, then Levy will smell blood there.....

Sadly a number of clubs seem to be linked, although with Son in our ranks perhaps, we seem to be 'favourites'. Not an entirely clear run for us.

Having Son has to be a huge advantage. It’s a massive change coming from Korea/China to London and probably not speaking English very well if at all. Having someone in the locker room with whom you can communicate and relate to is undoubtedly a big selling point.

His dad was the national representative judo athlete
His mum was the national representative track and field athlete.

This alone explains a lot why he will succeed.
with 6'3" height and the judo physique, with the pace of a track athlete.
In time he will be better than Maguire

The reason why we need him is because he can also play as a RB. We rely too much on Aurier on the RB position. Kim can be a great solution with his pace and defensive capability. For me 13.5M for an able and versatile young CB with alot of reselling value and marketing opportunities is a steal. If Levy doesnt buy him, he is not the business man that I know.

Last edited:
The reason why we need him is because he can also play as a RB. We rely too much on Aurier on the RB position. Kim can be a great solution with his pace and defensive capability. For me 13.5M for an able and versatile young CB with alot of reselling value and marketing opportunities is a steal. If Levy doesnt buy him, he is not a business man that I know.
But don’t we have a CB who can play RB already? Like Foyth?

I don’t think Foyth has played in 2020. Mourinho does not rate him. Personally, I find him to be a little soft, and when he’s in the lineup I can’t recall him ever making a notable play or positively influencing the match in any way. He’s just a body. At least Aurier is active and trying to make something happen.

His dad was the national representative judo athlete
His mum was the national representative track and field athlete.

This alone explains a lot why he will succeed.
with 6'3" height and the judo physique, with the pace of a track athlete.
In time he will be better than Maguire

You can’t teach genes. And in the video you posted above, he does look legit fast... at least for a guy of his size and stature. Seems to have a bit of an aggressive/mean streak as well.

In an early interview, Kim spoke about central defenders at Barcelona & Real Madrid, asserting his preference for the latter. “The Real Madrid defenders are a bit rough, and the Barcelona defenders are a bit soft. I personally like to hit.”

So Aurier and Foyth and who else?
What if one of them get injured. Players injury is our never-ending problem.
Given COVID19 financial restriction, we need a versatile CB/RB far better than Foyth
Not to mention with 13.5 - 15M we spend, we will bring far greater commercial opportunities.

I'm liking this one, seems a really smart move!

Okay, it's youtube but he's clearly a unit but also has pace and his passing looks excellent.

he's got over 30 caps for his country and he's 23! So he'll have come up against actually decent players.

10-15M? What's not to like! Get him in then focus on the RB, DM and back up ST positions.

So Aurier and Foyth and who else?
What if one of them get injured. Players injury is our never-ending problem.
Given COVID19 financial restriction, we need a versatile CB/RB far better than Foyth
Not to mention with 13.5 - 15M we spend, we will bring far greater commercial opportunities.
Tanganga can play RB and is ahead of FOyth anyway

Tanganga can play RB and is ahead of FOyth anyway

he just turned 21. and he is clearly not ahead of Aurier with a questionmark in regard to consistency.

An additional rotation-level CB/RB from South Korea with just 13.5M is a steal!

With Kim any injuries at CB or RB position will not be a big threat, and this will encourage healthy competition at all back four positions for the sake of Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom