Kion Etete

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's

Gimme gimme gimme a striker from Tottenham
Pass him the ball and watch him score all the goals
Gimme gimme gimme a striker from Tottenham
He’s our 29, it’s Kion Etete
tumblr_n5eljwBQy71qfvwk9o2_400.gif

It’s becoming a thing…

Bet his a loving it…

Cheltenham is a nice town (or was 25years ago when I last went!)
Only been to Cheltenham once for the races with a few pals.
I look back on it now and wonder if everything that happened really happened.
I know I won a few quid backing a horse called The Drunken Duck.

Don't think the official highlights are up yet but you can see from 3:49 in this vlog how well Etete does for Cheltenham's first goal that he doesn't even get an assist for! (Number 29)
2nd goal (Etete's 2 yard goal) at 6:51

Agree- Very good work in the goals from Etete. I especially like his work in the first where he knocks it on past the defender with his head, and the proceeds to go on a sweet run down the left, successfully fakes-out and cuts inside of his defender, and lays it off perfectly to the man in the center of the box- there's a lot of fantastic different qualities displayed by Etete in that single passage of play! He also looks to be a level higher than the players around him physically. Might be that he is ready to step up to the Championship as well...

Gold:

Etete was named man of the match for Cheltenham Town at the weekend
as they drew 2-2 at home to Gillingham.

Etete was involved in Cheltenham's first equaliser, bursting upfield and after Alfie May's shot was parried by the keeper, so Callum Wright fired home. Gillingham retook the lead but Etete netted the leveller 12 minutes from time with a header from six yards after a corner was headed across to him.

Etete had less joy on Easter Monday, playing the full 90 minutes again as Cheltenham lost 3-0 at Lincoln City.

The big forward has now played 12 times for League One side Cheltenham, scoring three goals and laying on three assists, following the first half of the season when he was on loan in League Two at Northampton, netting six goals and providing two assists in his 23 games.

Sadly unfit for Cheltenham Town's last match of these season so he ends with :

League 2 - 18 Apps - 3 goals, 1 assists, 1,100 minutes
League 1 - 13 Apps - 3 goals, 3 assist, 945 minutes
FA Cup - 2 Apps - 1 goal, 1 assist, 180 minutes
Carabao - 2 Apps - 2 goals, 180 minutes
EFL Trophy - 1 appearance., 90 minutes
Total 36 appearances, 9 goals 5 assists in 2496 minutes so involvement in a goal n under 2 games on average

A very decent first loan season. including moving to two clubs in different leagues in that season. Will be wanted by Championship clubs next season I'd think

He said: ‘Been an absolute pleasure to play here I’d like to thank all the fans, staff and players you’ve been incredible. Wishing you all the best for the future.’
He will see those fans again in the future IMO.

He will see those fans again in the future IMO.
How so? Being negative I sense…

Kids got a good shot at being Prem level, no doubt at all, whether that’s a low prem team by his mid/late twenties, or another linear progression next season and he might be knocking on doors 2023.

Whether they are our doors, nobody knows as Scarlett is clear fast track pos 1.

But, poor taste, IMO, dissing a kid who has killed it at both levels this season (much more than Kane and countless others have done for us, early loan days) and only cost couple hundred grand…

Gold:

Etete's time at Cheltenham Town came to a close this week and although he was not involved in their final match, a 2-2 draw at Cambridge United, he got a chance to say his farewell to the fans on Instagram.

"Been an absolute pleasure to play here I’d like to thank all the fans, staff and players, you’ve been incredible wishing you all the best for the future," he posted.

Last week Cheltenham boss Michael Duff had spoken about Etete's loan and what the future holds for him when talking about his loan players as a group.

"I think they'll all have good careers. At what level? It's not easy. It's easy to be at a Premier League club, but staying at a Premier League club is the difficult bit," he was quoted as saying by Gloucestershire Live. "They have all come in and I don't know whether it's luck or not, but we have signed good characters. There is no edge to them. They are coming from completely different backgrounds. They are coming from Disneyland.

"Kion has come from Tottenham's training ground and it's like NASA Space Centre. The pitches are perfect, you have a member of staff to pour their tea, one to pour their milk and another to put in the sugar. There are staff everywhere so when they come into this environment it's a bit alien to them, but they have all bought in, which is key.

"They have done and that tells you about the culture within the training ground because the worst thing you can have is asking a player to do something and they say 'we don't do that at my club' - well, you're not at that club. They are here to learn different experiences, styles of football and formations. They have all been brilliant."

Etete played 13 times for League One side Cheltenham, scoring three goals and laying on three assists, following the first half of the season when he was on loan in League Two at Northampton, netting six goals and providing two assists in his 23 games.

Back
Top Bottom