Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really hope Walker doesn't go to Man City, no matter how much they're willing to pay. He's too good, the cost of having him playing for a league rival is not worth the extra 20 mil or so. Better to sell him to Bayern, or even Juve (Dani Alves is getting old....).

I'm sorry Sammy, but I'd like to see someone actually do it in 3 hours outside of 3am. It's close to 5.

I'm a similar distance to where I grew up, and I can't stand the lifestyle down here, so I can see where he's coming from, if true.

Hi CJJ, I like a lot of your posts but this is bollocks. The pace of life of a pro footballer is pedestrian by any standards. Neither himself or the wife have frantic Primark or Lidl's queues do deal with. By all means take the oil money if he wants but the idea he is hankering after yorkie puds or the quiet life is absolute pony.

(In case anyone may forget Poch helped convert a cracking athlete into a top notch full / wing back. If he wants to back up North ( on double money) then grand but homesick or relaxed pace of life, utter bollocks)

Last edited:
Really hope Walker doesn't go to Man City, no matter how much they're willing to pay. He's too good, the cost of having him playing for a league rival is not worth the extra 20 mil or so. Better to sell him to Bayern, or even Juve (Dani Alves is getting old....).
Levy does not have the track record of selling to our rivals and with the PL so close last season he is not going to put the club at a disadvantage? However 40-50 mill is a lot of bread! :levyeyes:

on bluemoon:

"I'm not going crazy..... There was literally a comment here a few minutes ago saying they had a mate who was doing work on a spurs TV piece, and Levy had ordered Walker to be stripped out of everything."

Out of the current starting 11. I'd say RB (whether Walker or Trippier) is possibly the one position that could be improved. Harsh as both very good.
But Improving any other position on the pitch would be more difficult. Walker is a threat and had a great season but can be erratic

on bluemoon:

"I'm not going crazy..... There was literally a comment here a few minutes ago saying they had a mate who was doing work on a spurs TV piece, and Levy had ordered Walker to be stripped out of everything."

He's not going crazy?

I'll take his word for that.

:roseunsure:

I gather someone posted some insider knowledge, then retracted it (sensibly so, if it was true)

Or that it was written by a 12 year-old who thought about what he had written and decided that it was a bit too fanciful. One of the two?

I'd say it's the second theory..

Last edited:
Absolutely, which is why it's ridiculous to assume he's only after money
Of course it is - how naive can you possibly be?

At least 10 different posters are telling you you're posting utters bollocks - why can't you for ONCE accept that you might be wrong and pipe it in? He's not moving to Sheffield is he

Last edited:
Of course it is - how naive can you possibly be?

At least 10 different posters are telling you you're posting utters bollocks - why can't you for ONCE accept that you might be wrong and pipe it in? He's not moving to Sheffield is he

Thanks for your insight into living in the UK, man who lives other side of planet

:adethumbup:

Out of the current starting 11. I'd say RB (whether Walker or Trippier) is possibly the one position that could be improved. Harsh as both very good.
But Improving any other position on the pitch would be more difficult. Walker is a threat and had a great season but can be erratic
Stop with this discrediting shit, Walker is a very good player, probably the best RB in the league and as good as Trippier might be, he's not as good as Kyle. Just because he or any other player of ours is linked with a move, doesn't mean we have to act as if we can easily replace them. There aren't many attacking fullbacks like Walker who'd be willing to come here, or come on the cheap. The best situation is to keep hold of the whole team.

Back
Top Bottom