La Liga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally nobody cares about the copa del rey.
But the league has been interesting. Getafe's bubble hasn't burst. Betis are finally playing well and sergio canales has finally realized his potential. The relegation fight is as usual more interesting than the top 4: 4 points separate 11th from 18th. I really hope Rayo Vallecano stay up. Proper club, that.
Alaves are having an interesting season as well. 7th right now right?

Alaves are having an interesting season as well. 7th right now right?
I think they had a really strong start including that win over Real Madrid that sent their season tail-spinning (hahaha!) but it's all gone a bit pear shaped over the winter. I can't think of any stand out matches. Not that they ever get more than a paragraph in Marca even if they won 10-0. It's weird: print space in the football papers seems to be directly proportional to size of club - but that's another story

I think they had a really strong start including that win over Real Madrid that sent their season tail-spinning (hahaha!) but it's all gone a bit pear shaped over the winter. I can't think of any stand out matches. Not that they ever get more than a paragraph in Marca even if they won 10-0. It's weird: print space in the football papers seems to be directly proportional to size of club - but that's another story
Since Guidetti plays for them they get a fair bit of coverage up here. At least one article per week in the bigger papers when covering La Liga.

Selling one of their main strikers and losing Ibai Gomez in January probably didn't help their winter run either.

Love Athletic. Long story but usually get over for one game a season. Relegation is still a threat this season but recent results, bar the derby defeat last week, have been good.
Their my team in a fifa league me and some friends have going on. Not allowed teams above 4 stars so Athletic became my weapon of choice.

I really do dig their transfer/player strategy in principle and it is cool to see a club in a top flight manage to survive for so long on it. Granted the goalposts have been moved in recent years.

Var...?

as25.jpg

Are there still people left that think VAR is a good thing? That think the laws of football are black and white and that VAR will clear up things and make it "better"?

"Cuckoo"!

Are there still people left that think VAR is a good thing? That think the laws of football are black and white and that VAR will clear up things and make it "better"?

"Cuckoo"!

Only when it benefits us :pochlol:

VAR means Burnley don't score that opening goal and Bardsley gets sent off.

And we go on to win the league \o/

I was watching that game on ITV4. It stank.

Never been able to follow La Liga because of the obvious preferential treatment the two big clubs get. Hell, it's also why I didn't pay that much attention to the Champions League until we started playing in it.

Hazard to Real this summer has to be 100% on now, surely? And I’d expect them to go for Neymar too.

They’ll make wholesle changes in the summer and will want to make marquee signings no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom