Laurie Cunningham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just read this interesting piece, I hadn't heard of him as he was before my time. Seems like he was a real trailblazer. It's a shame players back then could be treated so poorly by clubs
Danny Thomas' brother Valmore played in that game (the black v white testimonial)

Last edited:
Just read this interesting piece, I hadn't heard of him as he was before my time. Seems like he was a real trailblazer. It's a shame players back then could be treated so poorly by clubs

Cracking player.

Wonderful player when I was a kid.

That was a really good West Brom team. Derek Statham, Brendan Batson and Cyrille Regis as well as Cunningham.
I saw Gary Owen in one clip as well, one of the most underrated players of that time I think. Never capped for England in spite of some absolute donkeys like Brian Greenhoff and Brian Talbot getting games.

Back
Top Bottom