Le Tottenham de Hotspurs vs FC Basel of Swiss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
2 days before and still no thread - disgrace

article-1033518-01E3B09400000578-79_468x286.jpg

FedererFlag.jpg

url

url

1460.jpg

Spurs - Basel - 7:1

Pascal Zuberbuehler with all 9

It is odd isn't it, how undervalued this competition is.

I'd have started a thread myself, but last time I did for an EL game, there was one already, so I don't start match threads any more.

But quarter final of a major European trophy, a great chance of our first European semi-final for 29 years and no match thread till Tuesday.

It's not specifically a TFC thing, or even probably a THFC thing, it's just the way it is with this tournament and a lot of English clubs and their fans

Brad; Walker Daws JV BAE; Lennon Siggy Moussa; Dempsey Defoe Bale

JV probably should be rested for Everton, but we need his goals I fear. maybe rest Daws, Caulker can frighten the Swiss at set pieces too.

EDIT - Naughton for Walker, maybe Holtby in there too somewhere

It is odd isn't it, how undervalued this competition is.

I'd have started a thread myself, but last time I did for an EL game, there was one already, so I don't start match threads any more.

But quarter final of a major European trophy, a great chance of our first European semi-final for 29 years and no match thread till Tuesday.

It's not specifically a TFC thing, or even probably a THFC thing, it's just the way it is with this tournament and a lot of English clubs and their fans

I don't think it's anything to do with the value placed on the competition to be honest. You said yourself you don't start match threads any more. Sometimes people just don't start them, there wasn't really much of a match thread for the Swansea game, not in the traditional sense anyway.

I don't think it's anything to do with the value placed on the competition to be honest. You said yourself you don't start match threads any more. Sometimes people just don't start them, there wasn't really much of a match thread for the Swansea game, not in the traditional sense anyway.

You might be right, but I can't help feeling if we were playing Woolwich or in the QF of the CL someone would have started one bfore now.

You might be right, but I can't help feeling if we were playing Woolwich or in the QF of the CL someone would have started one bfore now.

Playing Woolwich is a little bit more glamorous than playing Basel, no matter what contest we are in, so there is bound to be more fanfare.
Doesn't really matter tbh.

This is the Christian Gross derby. Be sure to wave your tube tickets on Thursday night.

In all seriousness though this won't be an easy match, Basel have some decent players and have taken a few big scalps over the last couple of years. Zenit were no push overs and that's who this lot just knocked out.

To get this far, for sure Basel must have done a lot of things right.

It's such a fine line for AVB here. Everton is massive, so are these two games, do we have the squad to beat the Swiss and the Toffees.

Good luck to AVB on his choices. I hope Hugo is back for Everton BTW.

What I'd like:

Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Caulker, BAE, Lennon, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby, Bale and Defoe.

What I expect:

Friedel, Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, BAE, Lennon, Dembele, Parker, Holtby, Bale and Ade.

2-0 Spurs (Bale and Holtby)

Looking forward to this one, haven't been to the Lane since the Inter game...

I am hoping we win 3-0 and make the second leg as comfortable as we did against Inter :avbnaa:

I suspect we might start with Defoe up front for this match, I hope we do.

We need to win this comfortably, firstly to stop the nerves in Switzerland for the 2nd leg, and also to keep things ticking along for Sunday without loads of tired legs that struggled for the victory 3 days earlier!

WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER SWANSEA-TYPE WIN!
A Wigan (9-1) would be nice, then we can all enjoy the Fondue and Beer in Basle for the return leg!

Thanks Spurs, Thpurks!!

We just need to stop Basel getting that away goal.
Friedel worries me a tad. I'd prefer our sweeper keeper but he is still a solid option.

I hope Adebayor/Defoe have their goal scoring boots on we're going to really need them to perform!

AVB has a hell of a task juggling our squad and not have people bitching. Whoever he plays/leaves out better not fuck up. Brad, Naughton, caulker,gallas,bae lennon,holtby dembele/parker (depending who needs the rest) dempsey,bale,defoe.

What I'd like:

Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Caulker, BAE, Lennon, Dembele, Carroll, Holtby, Bale and Defoe.

What I expect:

Friedel, Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, BAE, Lennon, Dembele, Parker, Holtby, Bale and Ade.

2-0 Spurs (Bale and Holtby)

Looking forward to this one, haven't been to the Lane since the Inter game...

Agree with your preferred line up altho would try to start with Lennon on Bench and try Dempsey out there, possibly also resting Dembele and starting with Parker who's actually done better in Europe this season.

One thing that's struck me when thinking about rotating for EL is that we don't have many unanimously agreed guaranteed first choice players - JV, Lennon, Lloris, Bale and Dembele aside.

Back
Top Bottom