Le Tottenham de Hotspurs vs FC Basel of Swiss

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lots of people quoting the 'spurs haven't won a game where bale hasn't scored since January' stay. Whilst this is relatively meaningless, it does slightly reinforce my own opinion that the whole play him through the middle thing is only really set up to benefit him and not the rest of the team. Especially when Lennon is out. Tonight I feel we needed bale out on the left to stretch their defence and then play holtby behind ade where he is better suited naturally.
Yes bale has been super effective in the middle, but it shouldnt be a case of playing quality players out of position just so Gareth can get in more goal scoring chances.

Exactly right, Bale is the most dangerous player on the pitch for us so you put him position to score. However, as you said it takes other players out of position.

Everyone will have their chance now to take up the scoring mantle with Bale out. Now, we just need players to step up.

Good atmosphere until about 5 minutes after our equaliser. Everything went flat. Thought the Basel fans were class all game apart from the mongs who celebrated in our end who should have got a slap.

Not seen the game tonight. Not sure I actually want to, but how was Ade's performance? He got one in, is he looking a little more like hes got some more goals inside him?

We seriously need the Ade of last season, starting from now.

Not seen the game tonight. Not sure I actually want to, but how was Ade's performance? He got one in, is he looking a little more like hes got some more goals inside him?

We do, but although he got a goal something is still missing. The smile is gone, he looks stressed. You can only hope the goal will unleash the player of last season, we'll see..

Exactly right, Bale is the most dangerous player on the pitch for us so you put him position to score. However, as you said it takes other players out of position.

Everyone will have their chance now to take up the scoring mantle with Bale out. Now, we just need players to step up.

That's the bottom line. Players need to step up.

I am hopeful Dempsey and siggy will. Holtby too.

But dear Ade....

I am a half full person despite my shit day but I honestly think we will be sixth and go out in the uefa.

I'm not down, I kind of expected this but what really hurts is bales injury. I guess time will tell if we are a one man team. I'm hopeful not confident that our players will step up.

One thing. Teams may not be pestering us for balo if he is crocked. But I want him back ASAP.

He was shit. Even his goal, admittedly well taken was because he fucked up a chance he should have snaffled.

He barely got out of second gear. Glad to see Dempsey back.

It's not a popular opinion I know, but I think there has baan a marked improvement in him ovet the last few games. Nowhere near back to his best, but also nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Hopefully he kicks on, 5+ goals between now and the end of the season would be priceless.

:avbpray:

:adelol:

We do, but although he got a goal something is still missing. The smile is gone, he looks stressed. You can only hope the goal will unleash the player of last season, we'll see..

Obviously he's stressed out with everyone slagging him off left and right. Plus, it isn't like he doesn't know he's having an awful season so I'm sure he's putting plenty of pressure on himself.

It's not a popular opinion I know, but I think there has baan a marked improvement in him ovet the last few games. Nowhere near back to his best, but also nowhere near as bad as people make out.

Hopefully he kicks on, 5+ goals between now and the end of the season would be priceless.

:avbpray:

:adelol:

I think he has looked tons better in these last two games. I think it's coming back. I hope it's coming back.

That focking muppet Gallas couldn't carry on for another 5 minutes n walks off the pitch

What I know Bale would not be injured if not for that very fact.

If Gallas's injury is minor , this disaster falls on him

I think he has looked tons better in these last two games. I think it's coming back. I hope it's coming back.

Ade still isn't actually involved in enough scoring situations for me. His goal was his single situation all game n he still swung n miss on the actual chance but then was bailed out by Parker sending the ball back in. He still is pretty woeful overall

Ade still isn't actually involved in enough scoring situations for me. His goal was his single situation all game n he still swung n miss on the actual chance but then was bailed out by Parker sending the ball back in. He still is pretty woeful overall

Well nothing is going to change your mind about Ade so it doesn't really matter.

Back
Top Bottom