League Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s a limited list of football venues that can host more than 20K in London, most can’t really fit us for obvious reasons. and I guess playing in MK is more practical than the Valley for most supporters.

Also since when are Wimbledon our friends? They were absolute cunts last season.

From London it will be a case of underground, overground?

Every football programme seems to have fucking woman on it these days . Pc gone mad . They will playing with men soon enough
No matter what anyone might think of the footballing ability of women - there's absolutely no logical reason why women can't be just as knowledgeable about football as men, and therefore no reason why they shouldn't do draws, analysis, commentary, punditry etc. Plenty of women out there really know their stuff about football. I'd wager anything that my own mother knows more about it than you do for example!

Wonder what the attendance is going to be for this?

None of my lot are going.

I'd travel there alone to watch our youth play a league cup game on a work night if we were the away side, and would have gone to Wembley or Watford. But for a "home" game the atmosphere will be horrible. I think I will give it a miss.

I can see it being 12,000, helped by locally based Spurs fans and Watford selling out their allocation.
It'll be interesting. I think London based Spurs fans often underestimate just how many of us there are in the Bucks/Herts area and beyond on the North side of London who will be more than happy to go to MK for a game as it'll be a much easier commute than WHL or Wembley.

For me it's a tough one, I live a good mile and a half away from Stadium MK so it'll take me at least 15 mins to walk there from my house, I'll probably still struggle through though.

Wonder what the attendance is going to be for this?

None of my lot are going.

I'd travel there alone to watch our youth play a league cup game on a work night if we were the away side, and would have gone to Wembley or Watford. But for a "home" game the atmosphere will be horrible. I think I will give it a miss.

I can see it being 12,000, helped by locally based Spurs fans and Watford selling out their allocation.
I’m going, I support Spurs and go whenever, wherever I can

That disrespect it then when they reach the final,win it then all of a sudden it’s a MAJOR honour,:gallashmm:
When Man City won it, the commentator kept referring as the first of their titles. Doesn't matter what competition it is - I want to win EVERY game, surely that should be the attitude of every professional.

Keeping in mind the transfer window statement they made, they seem to be losing credibility with every tweet and statement they release.

I’m going, I support Spurs and go whenever, wherever I can
Fair play to you. I respect that.

If any of my mates or relatives were going I'd be going too. As it is, it's a bit much considering I finish work at 5.30pm on the Wednesday and working again on the Thursday morning, and I'd be making the journey on my own.

Last season I only missed two league games out of the 38, one of which was Bournemouth away, which I would have gone to but didn't get a ticket for. I've been to the likes of Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Poland, Tromso etc to watch us play, so you've got me wrong if you think I'm not a loyal fan.

I want to win a trophy as much as anyone but I would go balls out for the FA Cup and use the kids in the League Cup. Yes Poch will get roasted in the Media but we don’t have enough depth to spread it out considering the CL, FA Cup and the PL.

Trust comment below. In my opinion their last comment encouraging a boycott is well out of line. Personal views on MK Dons' history shouldn't be mixed with the Trust's official standpoint. Really think they've missed the mark on this one, I hope they reconsider.

THFC has confirmed it has asked the EFL for dispensation to play its third round Carabao Cup tie at Stadium MK. We understand the application for dispensation had to be submitted before the draw at home to Watford was made, and that the EFL have yet to make the final decision on where the tie is played. We also understand it is not possible for THFC to alter their request at this stage.

Earlier this month, the Club asked THST to help gauge fan opinion on a possible change of home venue given both Wembley and our new stadium were unavailable during w/c 24 September.

The results of our survey showed a marginal preference for playing at an alternative home venue as opposed to flipping the tie (46% v 43%). The Club also had a strong preference for not giving up home advantage. And 70% of fans in the survey wanted the alternative venue to be within the M25.

We appreciate it was always going to be difficult to find a suitable venue within those parameters.

As a supporters’ organisation, we would obviously not be happy to see our club’s home games moved to Stadium MK. Should the game go ahead, we would urge fans to consider the history of the MK club and the views of our friends at AFC Wimbledon.

Board members of THST will not be attending the match if it is played at Stadium MK.

THST Board
30 August 2018

When have Wimbledon ever been our friends? Calling for a boycott is completely out of line and not in the interest of supporters at all. This statement is purely out of personal opinions and spite of the board of the THST.

Well this is embarrassing.

The results of the survey said we wanted a neutral venue.
We got a neutral venue, just outside the m25.
It’s a shame it’s not in the m25 of course

But this throwing the toys out the pram is just silly.
I get while they don’t want to go, they are a supporters trust, and want to show solidarity to other supporters trust.
But encouraging other spurs fans to stay away is petty

“Just outside the M25”

Think you need to look at a map

Keeping in mind the transfer window statement they made, they seem to be losing credibility with every tweet and statement they release.

The phrase they've really fucked up on is:

...we would urge fans to consider the history of the MK club and the views of our friends at AFC Wimbledon.

Note they've even said "the MK club" which is somewhat petty in itself, but this is clearly asking fans not to attend. What else could it mean?

Without that sentence it's a reasonable statement overall. I'd still suggest that they should have kept their own attendance out of it as that is personal, but hey, not such a big deal, it's just a shame they struggle to separate the personal from the official.

Re: Carabao Cup fourth round draw
by Simply Moore on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:03 pm

Said it a while ago, our name is on this cup this season COYI

-------------------------------------------

by TommyHammer on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:25 pm

It’s that time of the year again. Tottenham saying they’re going to do us until they do what they always do and bottle it, then come up with the excuse that the only reason they got done is because it was “West Ham’s cup final”

--------------------------------------------

by hammerman11 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:58 am

lets do them for the second time this season COYI

-----------------------------------------------

by Gerblatz on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:13 am

Not bothered by this draw..gotta beat all comers to be successful and these chokers are always good for a laugh. A Halloween special to scare the **** out of those mugs.

--------------------------------------------

by e17 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:02 pm

If we had to get a match against one of the “top 6” at home in the cup, I’d always want it to be that lot.

----------------------------------------

They are great for a laugh. After the first three games 'we are getting relegated' after beating a Man U team in total meltdown 'we can beat anyone'. They have turned into the most fickle & deluded fans in the Premier League.

The whole 'protest' fiasco last season which collapsed after Brady bought off the ICF was absolutely delicious.

Even if we were to lose to them, they would still be the laughing stock of the top flight so not the end of the world.

fucking lol..... "propa nawty" them lot. :nawty:

Bashing away at their macbooks from their semi detached in Chelmsford. All the gear, no idea.

Only thing i'm scared of, going down there now, is dying of thirst on the way to the ground.... oh, and getting popcorn thrown at me.

Back
Top Bottom