League Cup 2019/20

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The draw for the third round of this season's League Cup will take place this evening (Wednesday 28 August).
We'll be ball number six in the draw, which will be conducted following the conclusion of Lincoln City’s second-round clash with Everton at Sincil Bank.
We're one of seven Premier League Clubs competing in Europe who will enter the competition at this stage.
Third round ties are to be played in the week commencing 23 September.

League Cup third round draw numbers
1 The Scum
2 Chelscum
3 Liverpool
4 Manchester City
5 Manchester United
6 Tottenham Hotspur
7 Wolverhampton Wanderers
8 Reading
9 Crawley Town
10 Wet Spam
11 Oxford United
12 Watford
13 Swansea City / Cambridge United
14 Luton Town
15 Brighton & Hove Albion
16 Colchester United
17 Southampton
18 AFC Bournemouth / Forest Green Rovers
19 Milton Keynes Dons
20 Queens Park Rangers / Portsmouth
21 Aston Villa
22 Lincoln City / Everton
23 Stoke City
24 Sheffield United
25 Rotherham United / Sheffield Wednesday
26 Newcastle United / Leicester City
27 Burton Albion
28 Burnley / Sunderland
29 Nottingham Forest
30 Grimsby Town / Macclesfield Town
31 Preston North End
32 Rochdale

Just hope we're playing on the tuesday for a change.
Could get Stoke away again and have to leave by 21.15 for the 21.53 last train.
Colchester would be good, but small allocation.
Villa away for a piss up and miss the game again.

Probably get Macclesfield now that judas has gone.

Incredible....I post that I hope we play Manchester City away from home and beat them by another VAR decision and spursmalc disagrees...........:thumbdown: :thumbdown: WTF ?
I do not want to play a top team. We need to rest players and a non Premiership team is best. I am fed up with supporters wanting to get difficult matches in cups. We either lose and go out or It makes it harder in Premiership matches as players are playing twice a week. Do you not want to win silverware as getting MC in the early stages is not going to help.

I do not want to play a top team. We need to rest players and a non Premiership team is best. I am fed up with supporters wanting to get difficult matches in cups. We either lose and go out or It makes it harder in Premiership matches as players are playing twice a week. Do you not want to win silverware as getting MC in the early stages is not going to help.

Read again...and possibly again.... I did not just type we draw Man City away.....I stipulated that we would also beat them by a VAR decision yet again and really drive them mad. For fuck's sake do you have a sense of humour ?

Read again...and possibly again.... I did not just type we draw Man City away.....I stipulated that we would also beat them by a VAR decision yet again and really drive them mad. For fuck's sake do you have a sense of humour ?
Just drawing them causes the damage. Our first team struggled against them and we either play a weakened team and get thrashed or we risk knackering our players and dropping points in the premier league. I did realise you were being sarcastic with the VAR decision but after the performance and not the result last week re City I do not want to have to play them in a cup match until a final. Colchester is a much better choice.

Just drawing them causes the damage. Our first team struggled against them and we either play a weakened team and get thrashed or we risk knackering our players and dropping points in the premier league. I did realise you were being sarcastic with the VAR decision but after the performance and not the result last week re City I do not want to have to play them in a cup match until a final. Colchester is a much better choice.

What fucking damage ??, we are both professional Premier League football clubs and should be capable of playing a cup match without anyone becoming 'knackered' or subsequently dropping league points after contesting such a game. If we meet them in the final they may well have the added incentive of going for a 'double' or even 'treble' success if they are running away with the league and would be far more difficult to beat than the first round.
Your argument holds little water I'm afraid and besides all that my original posting was meant humourously and not to be taken seriously in any way shape or form.

So TottenhamAberdeen TottenhamAberdeen my ideal draw would be Home to Crawley Town
Hows that spursmalc is that less knackering and league points threatening ??? :thumbup:

Last edited:
In actual fact my fear with drawing a much lower league side is their players are much less fitter than a Premier League one and that will result in lots of late tackles flying in, particularly towards the end of the match. You also tend to encounter the odd 'would be local hero' in these teams who wants to tell all his mates down the pub how he 'put one on Harry Kane' or 'roughed up' Son Heung-min.

First visit was the 4-1 in '78
Myself and a mate went there in '81 - when we played them in the Paul Price testimonial match. As we were walking back to the station after the game, this black bloke asked us what the score was. We told him, and that we were on our way back to London. With that, he let out a whistle and around ten of them piled into us.
It was only when we came out of Turnpike Lane tube - that my mate realised he had been stabbed in the side.
Luckily it wasn't too serious.
First time I was first aware that Luton had a naughty black following.

Back
Top Bottom