League Cup or Top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

League Cup or Top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah yeah! I remember all those WC players that flocked to Swansea after they won the LC.

Out of interest, do you even remember who City beat in the 2020 LC final?

And do you remember what position we finished in the League for each of the last 30 seasons say, let alone for last 139 years

Bet you can probably name every season we won a trophy though, as that it what matters

I mainly voted league cup for my boy Ryan Mason to be declared a “winner”. Would love to see that man lift up the cup after his career story.

Also thinking going forward 10th place and a league cup every other year will soon see the Levy out fans have their wishes granted. No money in that outcome that’s for sure. And no invite to any future ESL either.

Also I think I am saying a big fuck off to the “top 4 is our everything” mindset. I’m done with that.
Mid table mediocrity will soon cull the fan base too. It’s time to go guerilla.

It’s a new dawn it’s a new day. Glory over profit!!!!

COYS.....

UP THE SPURS!!

League Cup for me.
A cup win could be a catalyst towards the team having a real winners mentality.

There was a time in my life (90s) where the idea of playing European teams of any stature was very exotic.
Now I'm dusting off distant memories to think about cup wins during my 31 years of support.

But both are achievable!

I’ll be screaming like a fucking mental if we win the cup. I’ll be screaming like a fucking mental if we get top 4.

But top 4 is different this year as it’ll be a huge achievement. There have been a couple of years it’s felt more of a disappointment as we could have done even better.

I’ve gone for Cup as it’s been such a long time without silverware and we do seem to be Man City’s bogey team these past few seasons in cups it’s a longshot but good luck for Sunday’s final lads.

I think Ryan Mason will put the feel good factor back into the club and hopefully finish the season strongly in the league.

Ah yeah! I remember all those WC players that flocked to Swansea after they won the LC.

Out of interest, do you even remember who City beat in the 2020 LC final?
You do not get silverware for finishing 4th in the league, history books remember only winners, no one cares who finished 4th 30 years ago.

I can see the argument for both.

Cup is obvious with the drought we have had. I don't get overexcited for the League Cup but it would be nice to get one just to shut up the idiots and their empty trophy case nonsense.

But with the shit owner we have I think we might need top 4 and the CL money to get any sort of transfers that we need this summer.

If we had a decent owner I would say easily Cup, but because Levy is a cunt and won't spend without CL it is a 51/49 decision in favor of the Cup for me.

I’ll say this, priority is the cup now but I think winning it will actually get us top 4 as all our players would be on a high and probably finish off the season unbeaten

Back
Top Bottom