League Cup or Top 4?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

League Cup or Top 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll say this, priority is the cup now but I think winning it will actually get us top 4 as all our players would be on a high and probably finish off the season unbeaten

I mainly voted league cup for my boy Ryan Mason to be declared a “winner”. Would love to see that man lift up the cup after his career story.

Also thinking going forward 10th place and a league cup every other year will soon see the Levy out fans have their wishes granted. No money in that outcome that’s for sure. And no invite to any future ESL either.

Also I think I am saying a big fuck off to the “top 4 is our everything” mindset. I’m done with that.
Mid table mediocrity will soon cull the fan base too. It’s time to go guerilla.

It’s a new dawn it’s a new day. Glory over profit!!!!

COYS.....

UP THE SPURS!!

I'd pull out of the league Cup altogether if I could.
If we win, all we get is the utter embarrassment of "qualifying" for the intertoto cup.

I'd fancy our chances in our remaining league games, but not against City anyway so it's a moot point

I’ll be screaming like a fucking mental if we win the cup. I’ll be screaming like a fucking mental if we get top 4.

But top 4 is different this year as it’ll be a huge achievement. There have been a couple of years it’s felt more of a disappointment as we could have done even better.

There's no right or wrong answer imo, winning the cup would feel more joyous at the exact moment in time, Top 4 and the CL that it brings would bring more sustained satisfaction over a period of time.

I fucking loved it each time won the League Cup, it's the only trophy I've ever seen us win abd neither time did I think to myself, oh it's only the League Cup.

There's no right or wrong answer imo, winning the cup would feel more joyous at the exact moment in time, Top 4 and the CL that it brings would bring more sustained satisfaction over a period of time.

I fucking loved it each time won the League Cup, it's the only trophy I've ever seen us win abd neither time did I think to myself, oh it's only the League Cup.
I'd also add that it's still most likely we'll end up with neither, so either would be lovely!

Either would be good. Given where we are, Cup and Europa would be great. But... I love watching us in the CL. Those nights against Inter at WHL, Madrid at Wembley, City at NWL... etc etc... magical events and incredible occasions.

Either would be good. Given where we are, Cup and Europa would be great. But... I love watching us in the CL. Those nights against Inter at WHL, Madrid at Wembley, City at NWL... etc etc... magical events and incredible occasions.
Yes, they were. Bit less enjoyable getting a severe chasing from Bayern though. And I think we are presently below that level right now. If we get to the CL next season and get drawn against Ayers or PSG again, I dread to think what would happen.

Only paid ENIC bots would vote Top 4 to keep their corporate masters happy with healthy dividend returns.

For shame

It’s a hard one. Short term cup is a lot better as it will give a bit of a boost but long term if we get the right manager and make the right transfer plans top 4 could get us back up at the top.

I have gone for cup just because I think we all need a boost but I’ll take either and can see good arguments for both.

Only until we are knocked out. I will get a sustained satisfaction from winning the league cup because then Kane would have finally had his first fucking win in his life.

Win the League Cup, finish outside the Top 6 and we'll be in the Conference thingy. Great.

:pochunimpressed:

Win the LC, finish Top 6 and we'll be in the Europa League. Great.

:freundgoal:

We're not getting Top 4, stop doing it to yourself people.

Knowing us we'll lose, finish 7th and still end up in this Conference bollocks with the 'prize' of a Final in Albania up for grabs.

Unequivocally the League Cup.

If however we had won a trophy in the last 5 years Top 4, much as that makes me want to wash my mouth with carbolic soap.

Thus club need to have the winning sensation or we will completely forget what it feels like.

I don’t prefer one over the other and for me it won’t be the end of the world if we get neither. The key thing for me right now is seeing the players happy and performing well, and the football being more positive. After the negative shitty football we’ve had this season I just want to start enjoying matches again.
If we can win the cup and finish high enough to get Europa or CL I’ll be really chuffed though.

Back
Top Bottom