League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder, I wonder what team we will put. Maybe it would smart to rest COVID-19 affected players? I mean Son, Emerson, Davies and Sanchez

---------------------Lloris--------------------
------Tanganga----Dier----Rodon--------
----Doherty--Winks--Skipp--Reggy----
--------------------Dele---------------------
--------------Lucas-----Kane--------------

Good game with Liverpool, let's hope that we can keep going like that. Massive game this.

We played like a flame was lit under our asses against Liverpool. Let’s hope that transfers to the West Ham game.

Would love to knock their fans back a peg or two for thinking they’re the second coming of prime Barca or something.

I wonder, I wonder what team we will put. Maybe it would smart to rest COVID-19 affected players? I mean Son, Emerson, Davies and Sanchez

---------------------Lloris--------------------
------Tanganga----Dier----Rodon--------
----Doherty--Winks--Skipp--Reggy----
--------------------Dele---------------------
--------------Lucas-----Kane--------------

Good game with Liverpool, let's hope that we can keep going like that. Massive game this.
Why rest anyone who is fit?
We haven't played a game for a couple of weeks.

Apparently the PL games that are midweek next week, ie 28th Dec vs Southampton for us, will be postponed.

Is that an accross-the-league covid break then?

With this in mind, I don't think we need to rest players, let's wreck these hooligans

Depends how individuals recover from today.....

Hope/suspect that Skipp will be available to start though.... Big call being who gets dropped......

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

Yeah, PL are meeting today to discuss that. GW 20.

I was aware of this; but surely it's a bit pre-emptive to be saying what the outcome will is.

Unless there's pressure from the government, the clubs will all want their say.

Maybe Alli, Ndombele Sessegnon out for Skipp, Lucas, and Reguilon?

I was hoping we stick with 532 tbh, but hadn't really thought through how that would mesh against WH specifically yet?

I'm assuming they'll go strong.... They had the weekend off.

Just hoping they don't pull out with Covid at the last minute (they've been clear so far).... Would be just our luck to get yet a-n-o-t-h-e-r game added to the back-log.

I was aware of this; but surely it's a bit pre-emptive to be saying what the outcome will is.

Unless there's pressure from the government, the clubs will all want their say.
I think all the clubs are likely to want to postpone the fixtures. Amazon will be furious however, so that may be the obstacle.

I was hoping we stick with 532 tbh, but hadn't really thought through how that would mesh against WH specifically yet?

I'm assuming they'll go strong.... They had the weekend off.

Just hoping they don't pull out with Covid at the last minute (they've been clear so far).... Would be just our luck to get yet a-n-o-t-h-e-r game added to the back-log.
It should hopefully go ahead as they haven't had any Covid positives as far as I'm aware so far.

I would change it up a bit vs West Ham:

Lloris
Bergwijn Tanganga Dier Sanchez Reguilon
Skipp Lo Celso
Lucas Kane Gil

I think all the clubs are likely to want to postpone the fixtures. Amazon will be furious however, so that may be the obstacle.

This is devolving a fair bit from your original comment of "Apparently the PL games that are midweek next week, ie 28th Dec vs Southampton for us, will be postponed."....

We'll see. I think money will talk and the league will want to bide their time and see what (if any) measures the gov will bring in the NY.

It should hopefully go ahead as they haven't had any Covid positives as far as I'm aware so far.

That's what concerns me..... Who's next.

I would change it up a bit vs West Ham:

Lloris
Bergwijn Tanganga Dier Sanchez Reguilon
Skipp Lo Celso
Lucas Kane Gil

B-team vibes..... But who knows....

Can't stand West Ham, their owners & fans included.
Good time to piss on their 'good season' bonfire.

I'd play the same XI with maybe the full backs swapped out.

I hope we stick with the 352 as it opens up so many more midfield options.

Gio needs some minutes from the bench.

This is devolving a fair bit from your original comment of "Apparently the PL games that are midweek next week, ie 28th Dec vs Southampton for us, will be postponed."....
Yeah let’s see what happens. I suspect it’s likely to be postponed.

B-team vibes..... But who knows....
I rate all the players you highlighted in bold quite highly.
Gil not yet ready for PL, but if he doesn’t play in Carling Cup games, when will he ever play?

I really want us to turn up and show real intent in this one .If we can go all the way in this I would be well chuffed it's a cup we can win so we should really go for it at this stage .

Back
Top Bottom