League Cup Quarterfinal: Tottenham vs West Ham | Wednesday 22 Dec | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning 2-1 against a very decent West Ham team in a quarter final but we go a little defensive to hold on and the melts are all crying, in between 500 posts about Kane not being Usain Bolt.

So fucking boring.
I’m beginning to think some of these people aren’t aware of how Conte sets his teams up.

But also some of the small brains on this forum would want us playing with 10 strikers and a keeper.

It’s a load of bullshit made up by Westham fans to justify a large majority of their supporters being anti Semitic chavs. Every time we get an incident of this nature, all they ever fire back at us is “ but, it’s ok for you lot to be racist with Sol Campbell “ , which like clockwork, they spout back every single time their rotten supporters get caught out. I’m sure Sol Campbell received vile racist abuse by a very small minority, but Sol Campbell getting abused was literally nothing to do with his colour. He was hated for joining our fiercest rivals. Westham fans are bunch of chavvy anti Semitic pieces of shit
They jumped on the ‘hanging from a tree’ line

As if it harked back to the slave days, lynch mobs…..

As far as I was aware no one even considered the tenuous link until they used that as a stick to beat us as racists

We sing we wanted him dead but he could’ve been black white blue green…. I think the most important thing was managing to get Tree and Lunacy to rhyme

They jumped on the ‘hanging from a tree’ line

As if it harked back to the slave days, lynch mobs…..

As far as I was aware no one even considered the tenuous link until they used that as a stick to beat us as racists

We sing we wanted him dead but he could’ve been black white blue green…. I think the most important thing was managing to get Tree and Lunacy to rhyme
I may be naive but thought judas and hanging from a tree was very clever, never crossed my mind about lynching until it was rammed down our throats.

I may be naive but thought judas and hanging from a tree was very clever, never crossed my mind about lynching until it was rammed down our throats.
100%, it was the HIV bit that stuck in my throat.

The "only there because it rhymes with tree" argument is bollocks (there's hardly a shortage of words in that regard), it clearly goes back to the "Have you ever seen C*mpbell with a bird" thing.

Says random interneter with a nonce avatar - LMFAO
Touched a nerve bunny boiler?
Ricki Lake Teeth GIF by Netta

The "only there because it rhymes with tree" argument is bollocks (there's hardly a shortage of words in that regard), it clearly goes back to the "Have you ever seen C*mpbell with a bird" thing.
If he was actually gay, it wouldn’t have been sung IMO.

Since when did the 'P' word mean 'Pikey'... I think the 'P' word has a much worse meaning than that! (ask you Asian friends!!!)

It's like saying the 'N' word stands for Numpty!
OK, that's fine. I just know some people who aren't traveller's, who act as if it's as offensive.
And no doubt some on here will act that way too.

For all those rightly condemning Spammers using racist language seen on social media. Luckily this media wasn't so prevalent at the height of the Sol hate?
Judas was a traitor who hanged himself

Sick song but no racism whatsoever in it.

This isn’t at you but I always have to laugh at the irony of do gooders who see racism everywhere, because I’m afraid if the first thing you associate the song with is lynching and slavery in Alabama, because Sol Cambell (an Englishman)is the target, well maybe go have a look in the mirror at yourself

Judas was a traitor who hanged himself

Sick song but no racism whatsoever in it.

This isn’t at you but I always have to laugh at the irony of do gooders who see racism everywhere, because I’m afraid if the first thing you associate the song with is lynching and slavery in Alabama, because Sol Cambell, an Englishman is the target of the, well maybe go have a look in the mirror at yourself
SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs

Bill I was being slightly facetious with the rhyming part…. Of course there are thousands of ways to make a rhyme possible.

There was certainly some homosexual connotations and I believe that’s where the authoritative pressure should’ve been exerted because it wasn’t racist.

Bill I was being slightly facetious with the rhyming part…. Of course there are thousands of ways to make a rhyme possible.

There was certainly some homosexual connotations and I believe that’s where the authoritative pressure should’ve been exerted because it wasn’t racist.
Cool, sorry if it sounded like I was having a go at you!

I remember at the time the clowns on The Guardian fixated on the racist part, as well as their assumption that we were ridiculing mental illness - that proper pissed me off, we were ridiculing a cunt, formerly "one of our own" not the rest of us with our demons you idiot hacks who, it was clear, had never been to a football match in their lives - it wasn't the usual football journos spewing out this shit, and me thinking how wrong it was. There was a game, maybe a NLD when some one had a Judas caricature and it was used as "proof". Like you can't hate a black player, despite all our protestations of our love for Ledley?

It stank, massively.

Back
Top Bottom