Leandro Damiao or Eden Hazard ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you could only pick one player you can have next season who would you pick? Damiao? or Hazard? Are spurs desperate for a new clinical striker since the days of Berbatov or are we desperate for a new/cover right winger?

Leandro-Damiao.jpg

Eden-Hazard-2.jpg

Leandro Damiao, we need a striker more than anything. I say we buy a cheap-er right wing cover. Because surely Hazard would start ahead of Lennon?

Difficult choice, I'm a long time admirer of Leandro and really want us to sign him. However, signing Eden Hazard would be a MASSIVE statement of intent as a club, and probably convince the likes of Modric and Bale to stick around for a couple more years to see where we are going.

Based on that, I'd say Hazard, theres still a lot of tested strikers out there we could get (Soldado, Huntelaar, Llorente(?), Rossi, Remy, Giroud etc...) where as there aren't many attacking options as good as Hazard out there, certainly not that we could attract.

what's the estimate on Damiao? if we have that supposed 50m war chest we could probably get both if we manage to offload the useless players in our squad. i.e jenas, bentley, gio and seb... probably pienaar gone as well... that should make the war chest 60-70m.

He'd probably cost around 20-25m, but the ITK (the good one) has said that Internacional keep changing the price all the time.

still think and hope we could get both... but if I had to pick one I'd probably have to go with Damiao, we need a young goal hungry striker... Ade has worked well for us but scores far too little. could probably get Hoillet on a fairly cheap deal as cover/competition for the wingers

We need a good and permanent CF more than we need a winger right now, in my opinion.

Damiao would be a massive statement of intent, as well. A lot of the clubs that are linked with Hazard are also linked with Damiao, after all.

stainesspurs said:
Genuine question - who has seen Damiao more than say 10 times?
Well, they're still playing the Gauchão (state championship) now, but there will be a match tonight, one on Sunday, and one next Sunday (8.4). (Good luck finding streams, however...)

Then there are Copa Libertadores matches on 4.4 (against Neymar and Santos!) and 19.4.

The Brasileirão only begins at the end of May (20.5).

So it's possible, maybe, to get some ten matches in by mid-summer, for sure.

In the meantime, in researching these fixtures, I found 64 goals by Damião:

http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina. ... digo=17208

His 2011 was a permanent blinder with 40 goals for Inter and one for Brazil, and he's leading the chase for the Libertadores golden boot this year.

Éperons said:
stainesspurs said:
Genuine question - who has seen Damiao more than say 10 times?
Well, they're still playing the Gauchão (state championship) now, but there will be a match tonight, one on Sunday, and one next Sunday (8.4). (Good luck finding streams, however...)

Then there are Copa Libertadores matches on 4.4 (against Neymar and Santos!) and 19.4.

The Brasileirão only begins at the end of May (20.5).

So it's possible, maybe, to get some ten matches in by mid-summer, for sure.

In the meantime, in researching these fixtures, I found 64 goals by Damião:

http://www.internacional.com.br/pagina. ... digo=17208

His 2011 was a permanent blinder with 40 goals for Inter and one for Brazil, and he's leading the chase for the Libertadores golden boot this year.
I'd take this as good enough credentials... Sandro played amazing in the libertadores and he's completed the transition very well (just a shame he he's been inj for parts of the season and can't get a look in with 'Arry's rotation policy :harryfacepalm:) I see it as more likely Damiao will take the style change than say Llorente, as the latter is both older and more set in the style of a physically weaker league.

If we don't lose anyone in the summer from midfield then Leandro all day. Creating chances isn't an issue. He's a high profile Brazilian striker that is drawing big club attention. You'll be hard pressed to name any over the course of football history that fit into that bracket that have failed in Europe.

bensonrecon said:
If we don't lose anyone in the summer from midfield then Leandro all day. Creating chances isn't an issue. He's a high profile Brazilian striker that is drawing big club attention. You'll be hard pressed to name any over the course of football history that fit into that bracket that have failed in Europe.
Not necessarily failed, but Jo and Fred (of Lyon) didn't exactly light the world on fire.

Back
Top Bottom