Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I understand being annoyed with the decisions but what’s the corrupt bit? Are you seriously suggesting they’re getting bribes?
Bribes I don't know but they know the decision should go a different way but know the ref or linesmen will look bad if overruled. So they just 'agree' with the onfield decision.

All that VAR has done for me is made me more disillusioned with football. It has taken away the excitement and passion and made watching it a much more sterile experience. I 100% think that we were cheated yesterday just like the Son goal ruled out against Leicester. They can use VAR to justify anything. They can vary the frames, angles and not draw the lines on straight. It is bullshit. Having said that it was a shit performance
Could almost live with it if it gave the right decision in the end. It's bad enough seeing an onfield decision go the wrong way but it's a million times more infuriating when they freeze it zoom in draw lines and it's quite clear yet they get it wrong. I reiterate my point that the adjudicator/var should be an independent body. Not the same as the refs and under no influence to agree with the onfield officials

With Jose, we got the shit football and no trophies. Lucky us!
So true. He should've called on the football Gods and asked them to turn Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Davies, Lamela, Sissoko, Bergwjin, Dele, Doherty, Winks, Reggie (for approx 60% of his games)......into better footballers.

Do you think Pep, Poch, Nagelsmann, Ten Hagen, Tuchel....... (Pick your Name), Could have done better with 11 first team players being substandard? Do you think any of those players would have made it into a Man City, Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich.... Squad?

Not one of them would even be a bench warmer in one of the big clubs. Yet it was expected that Jose makes miracles.

People have to stop bashing any of our coaches. The problem was never the coaches. They were always "Boxing above their weight."

Andre Villa Boas has come clean. He left because Businessman wanted the club run as a business. They were never interested in the history or honour of the club. It's all about money.

Notice something wrong with the red line?
Looks fine...

cross-eyed-young-man-23649254.jpg

Could almost live with it if it gave the right decision in the end. It's bad enough seeing an onfield decision go the wrong way but it's a million times more infuriating when they freeze it zoom in draw lines and it's quite clear yet they get it wrong. I reiterate my point that the adjudicator/var should be an independent body. Not the same as the refs and under no influence to agree with the onfield officials

I agree. I am confused by this obvious mistake nonsense that they keep banging on about with the refs.
Imagine say Harry Kane gets upended in the box and Michael Oliver is the ref. He thinks it was a foul but as he hates Spurs and knows how VAR works he decides deliberately not to give it. VAR checks it and they think it was probably a foul but because it is not a glaring error they don’t overturn it and so Spurs don’t get the penalty and Oliver is in the clear as VAR checked it.
Then Woolwich go straight down the other end and Aubameyang is tackled in the box by Dier who gets the man and a bit of the ball. Oliver still hates Spurs and gives the penalty knowing that unless he has made a glaring error VAR won’t overrule him. He is in the clear again because VAR checks it and whilst they agree it was probably not a foul they deem it to not be a glaring error.
So Spurs instead of being 1-0 up if Oliver liked us are 1-0 down cos he hates us but he’s done nothing officially wrong as VAR has checked both incidents and deemed them not to be obvious errors. It’s a farce. (I probably haven’t explained myself very clearly as I’ve had a few but I understand what I meant even if you don’t!)

Last edited:
So true. He should've called on the football Gods and asked them to turn Dier, Sanchez, Aurier, Davies, Lamela, Sissoko, Bergwjin, Dele, Doherty, Winks, Reggie (for approx 60% of his games)......into better footballers.

Do you think Pep, Poch, Nagelsmann, Ten Hagen, Tuchel....... (Pick your Name), Could have done better with 11 first team players being substandard? Do you think any of those players would have made it into a Man City, Madrid, Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea, Bayern Munich.... Squad?

Not one of them would even be a bench warmer in one of the big clubs. Yet it was expected that Jose makes miracles.

People have to stop bashing any of our coaches. The problem was never the coaches. They were always "Boxing above their weight."

Andre Villa Boas has come clean. He left because Businessman wanted the club run as a business. They were never interested in the history or honour of the club. It's all about money.

Yes those managers could have got better because they wouldn't have sat Toby, wouldn't have played Sissoko so much, would have focused on playing a style that best suited the players not pushing them back in a low block asking teams to bring pressure on to our weakest players.

It wasn't expected for Jose to make miracles it was expected for him to get top 4 in a season where Liverpool was playing its best MFers as CB's, Chelsea had an overwhlemed PE teacher as manager and Leicester is trying to get to 5th place.

He was expected to take a team with Son, Kane, Bale, Lloris, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Toby and get a result agaisnt Zagreb with a 2-0 lead.

Those aren't miracles, those are fairly low expectations, and not only could he not reach those lofty goals, he played the most insipid, boring football the PL has ever seen while taking us to new lows.

Then what do you call then as it's deliberately giving a decision you know is wrong in order to keep your job.

You think they know it is wrong and still go the other way? That seems like a stretch.

It seems to be more of a Hanlon's Razor- don't attribute malice which can be explained by stupidty, or in this case incompetence.

I think if it is an obvious call they make the call to the ref, but if there is any grey area they side on the side of the ref because they are incompetent simpletons. Maybe I am being kind to them but I have hard time thinking they are saying "that was clearly onside but I don't want to lose my job so I will call it offside." I think it is more of a case that they see a close call and say well the ref on the field said offside so I will go with that rather than challenge him on this close call.

Yes those managers could have got better because they wouldn't have sat Toby, wouldn't have played Sissoko so much, would have focused on playing a style that best suited the players not pushing them back in a low block asking teams to bring pressure on to our weakest players.

It wasn't expected for Jose to make miracles it was expected for him to get top 4 in a season where Liverpool was playing its best MFers as CB's, Chelsea had an overwhlemed PE teacher as manager and Leicester is trying to get to 5th place.

He was expected to take a team with Son, Kane, Bale, Lloris, Reguilon, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Toby and get a result agaisnt Zagreb with a 2-0 lead.

Those aren't miracles, those are fairly low expectations, and not only could he not reach those lofty goals, he played the most insipid, boring football the PL has ever seen while taking us to new lows.
It appears some fans have really short term memory. They only remember a week or twos worth of games.

Last season Jose was being crucified for playing Kane so much. When Kane was injured, fans complain that he should be kept for important games.

Toby had a completely horrific game prior to Jose benching him. I don't know how he fared at training, as I wasn't there. Jose benches him and again some fans go on the protest.

He plays Aurier and fans protest for Doherty. He plays Doherty and fans protest again.

We have 1 reasonably Good player in our whole defense, 1 that has potential but lacks experience, 1 good player that is plagued by injuries and 6 that won't make Sheffield United's squad. But we blame the manager? So only one reliable defender is of real quality. When he has an 'off period', every choice the manager makes will be a crap one.

Managing a team isn't about one performance. I wouldn't expect everyone to understand that. We moaned because Poch couldn't disaplain his players, now we moan because Jose was too hard on players.

Players need to grow a pair. They getting payed weekly salaries that some of us struggle to make in 1 year. If they are crap, they need take it when the manager tells them.

Spurs are at the moment are not a Good squad. No manager on the planet can make them win anything.

It appears some fans have really short term memory. They only remember a week or twos worth of games.

Last season Jose was being crucified for playing Kane so much. When Kane was injured, fans complain that he should be kept for important games.

Toby had a completely horrific game prior to Jose benching him. I don't know how he fared at training, as I wasn't there. Jose benches him and again some fans go on the protest.

He plays Aurier and fans protest for Doherty. He plays Doherty and fans protest again.

We have 1 reasonably Good player in our whole defense, 1 that has potential but lacks experience, 1 good player that is plagued by injuries and 6 that won't make Sheffield United's squad. But we blame the manager? So only one reliable defender is of real quality. When he has an 'off period', every choice the manager makes will be a crap one.

Managing a team isn't about one performance. I wouldn't expect everyone to understand that. We moaned because Poch couldn't disaplain his players, now we moan because Jose was too hard on players.

Players need to grow a pair. They getting payed weekly salaries that some of us struggle to make in 1 year. If they are crap, they need take it when the manager tells them.

Spurs are at the moment are not a Good squad. No manager on the planet can make them win anything.
The squad has problems but not as bad as you think the problem is Mourinho only came for a payday without the past magic that enabled him to win the trophies. Levy is still a problem because of his failure to invest in the squad properly when Poch was manager. The fact is we have had terrible squad building since the 2017 summer where we sold Kyle Walker.

At a huge loss I assume, Gio too

Gets worse every time I look at it

No pressure and still can’t keep it in!
Matron.....
Just another embarrassing clip.

The funniest has to be Leeds third goal. Watching Carlsberg and Ndombele trying to run back was arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen on a pitch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom