Leeds United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Saturday 8 May | 12.30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree. I am confused by this obvious mistake nonsense that they keep banging on about with the refs.
Imagine say Harry Kane gets upended in the box and Michael Oliver is the ref. He thinks it was a foul but as he hates Spurs and knows how VAR works he decides deliberately not to give it. VAR checks it and they think it was probably a foul but because it is not a glaring error they don’t overturn it and so Spurs don’t get the penalty and Oliver is in the clear as VAR checked it.
Then Woolwich go straight down the other end and Aubameyang is tackled in the box by Dier who gets the man and a bit of the ball. Oliver still hates Spurs and gives the penalty knowing that unless he has made a glaring error VAR won’t overrule him. He is in the clear again because VAR checks it and whilst they agree it was probably not a foul they deem it to not be a glaring error.
So Spurs instead of being 1-0 up if Oliver liked us are 1-0 down cos he hates us but he’s done nothing officially wrong as VAR has checked both incidents and deemed them not to be obvious errors. It’s a farce. (I probably haven’t explained myself very clearly as I’ve had a few but I understand what I meant even if you don’t!)
First. Oliver (nor any of the other officials) are biased against Spurs.

There is a refs panel that assesses the performance of the officials using video and group discussion.If a ref is found to be 'biased' or has a mare of a match or is unfit, or is generally poor, then they can be suspended or asked to ref in a lower league.

Personally I thought Kane was onside, but that's just my opinion. On his own Lloris prevented a cricket score. We lost because we were awful and Leeds were good- simple.

Unless you're proposing a giant conspiracy against us? In which case you need to call AC12 and ask for Steve.

Unlike the Scousers, we're not victims.

Last edited:
It appears some fans have really short term memory. They only remember a week or twos worth of games.

Last season Jose was being crucified for playing Kane so much. When Kane was injured, fans complain that he should be kept for important games.

Toby had a completely horrific game prior to Jose benching him. I don't know how he fared at training, as I wasn't there. Jose benches him and again some fans go on the protest.

He plays Aurier and fans protest for Doherty. He plays Doherty and fans protest again.

We have 1 reasonably Good player in our whole defense, 1 that has potential but lacks experience, 1 good player that is plagued by injuries and 6 that won't make Sheffield United's squad. But we blame the manager? So only one reliable defender is of real quality. When he has an 'off period', every choice the manager makes will be a crap one.

Managing a team isn't about one performance. I wouldn't expect everyone to understand that. We moaned because Poch couldn't disaplain his players, now we moan because Jose was too hard on players.

Players need to grow a pair. They getting payed weekly salaries that some of us struggle to make in 1 year. If they are crap, they need take it when the manager tells them.

Spurs are at the moment are not a Good squad. No manager on the planet can make them win anything.
There's a load of empty excuses in this post. I one hundred percent think coachs can improve teams. We were one of the poorest coached Spurs sides ive seen. I was saying this when we were top. Talking about things that have come out apparently the players fitness is terrible and we are still seeing this, and it was the same at United post Jose. The lack of patterns of play or drilled attacking movement will not be fixed by Ryan Mason not enough experience. As he is merely a place holder I don't hold it against him.

Thomas Tuchel came in with Chelsea five points behind us. Had he chosen Spurs I honestly think we'd be way better off.

Id expect we would have seen a change in system as we have two bad fullbacks( but decent wing backs) to a three of Rodon Toby and Tanganga. This is an obvious fix for our weaknesses. I honestly laugh at people who think we are as bad as we have seen.A good coach could have salvaged this season instead Levy's priority was picking the moment of maximum financial probity to fire the manager. And fuck what it meant for the final. That sadly is his priority but the football team has been badly managed for two and a bit years.

There is a refs panel that assesses the performance of the officials using video and group discussion.If a ref is found to be 'biased' or has a mare of a match or is unfit, or is generally poor, then they can be suspended or asked to ref in a lower league.

Personally I thought Kane was onside, but that's just my opinion. On his own Lloris prevented a cricket score. We lost because we were awful and Leeds were good- simple.

Unless you're proposing a giant conspiracy against us? In which case you need to call AC12 and ask for Steve.

Who the fuck are you -Mike Dean or Michael Oliver? Sorry mate didn’t realise you were an expert in referees allegiances. I bow to your greater knowledge. Anyway I don’t want to phone up AC12 and ask for Steve as you suggested. Give me your number and I’ll phone it up and ask for cunt instead. Even if someone else answers they’ll know it’s for you and we can have a chat ya pretentious knowitall

Last edited:

Steve Arnott
is a Gooner

Ted doesn’t give a fuck as Carmichael hasn’t finished with him yet!

Just another embarrassing clip.

The funniest has to be Leeds third goal. Watching Carlsberg and Ndombele trying to run back was arguably the funniest thing I've ever seen on a pitch.
The third goal summed us up imv

As well as Berg and N’Dombelly trying to get back have a look at Reggie but top place for “I couldn’t give a fuck was Aurier “
Absolutely disgraceful
Didn’t even break into a trot as Leeds were attacking

Wage thief

The third goal summed us up imv

As well as Berg and N’Dombelly trying to get back have a look at Reggie but top place for “I couldn’t give a fuck was Aurier “
Absolutely disgraceful
Didn’t even break into a trot as Leeds were attacking

Wage thief
Reguilon stopping then starting again was a cartoon moment I hadn't noticed up until then.

It was shocking play from an entire team.

Who the fuck are you -Mike Dean or Michael Oliver? Sorry mate didn’t realise you were an expert in referees allegiances. I bow to your greater knowledge. Anyway I don’t want to phone up AC12 and ask for Steve as you suggested. Give me your number and I’ll phone it up and ask for cunt instead. Even if someone else answers they’ll know it’s for you and we can have a chat ya pretentious knowitall
We lost to Leeds because they were better than us. Get over it.

You think they know it is wrong and still go the other way? That seems like a stretch.

It seems to be more of a Hanlon's Razor- don't attribute malice which can be explained by stupidty, or in this case incompetence.

I think if it is an obvious call they make the call to the ref, but if there is any grey area they side on the side of the ref because they are incompetent simpletons. Maybe I am being kind to them but I have hard time thinking they are saying "that was clearly onside but I don't want to lose my job so I will call it offside." I think it is more of a case that they see a close call and say well the ref on the field said offside so I will go with that rather than challenge him on this close call.
Does it really seem a stretch when we saw such corruption in uefa/FIFA. There is no way they saw that kane goal with all the lines and thought that was offside. It can only mean they did not want the onfield officials to look bad. This was not one of those 'apply common sense' moments or some of the red cards we've seen that can be subjective if you are harsh. This decision was as simple and clear as it can get and not a single person can say that is offside so there is definitely something dodgy going on. As I suggested get a completely independent body of refs/judges/adjudicators in that are seperate from the FA

Does it really seem a stretch when we saw such corruption in uefa/FIFA. There is no way they saw that kane goal with all the lines and thought that was offside. It can only mean they did not want the onfield officials to look bad. This was not one of those 'apply common sense' moments or some of the red cards we've seen that can be subjective if you are harsh. This decision was as simple and clear as it can get and not a single person can say that is offside so there is definitely something dodgy going on. As I suggested get a completely independent body of refs/judges/adjudicators in that are seperate from the FA

It does seem a stretch when there is no benefit to them and you see such bad decisions across all teams.

I think there is a big difference between it looks close I am going to side on the refs call and I can clearly see what the right call is and I am going to still call it for the ref. As clear as I think it was it was still close enough that I can easily attribute it to incompetence rather than something more nefarious. It is ridiculous to say "not a single person can say that it was offside." It was clearly a very close play.

For example, if the 2nd Kane "goal" where he was 3 feet offside had been ruled good, then we would have something to talk about.

But until I see tangible proof or a good reason to think that they are making calls they 100% think are right and going against it I will go with incompetence. If you have evidence that it is more than that go ahead and share it, I am certainly not saying it is impossible, just that I haven't seen anything to think that is the case.

There's a load of empty excuses in this post. I one hundred percent think coachs can improve teams. We were one of the poorest coached Spurs sides ive seen. I was saying this when we were top. Talking about things that have come out apparently the players fitness is terrible and we are still seeing this, and it was the same at United post Jose. The lack of patterns of play or drilled attacking movement will not be fixed by Ryan Mason not enough experience. As he is merely a place holder I don't hold it against him.

Thomas Tuchel came in with Chelsea five points behind us. Had he chosen Spurs I honestly think we'd be way better off.

Id expect we would have seen a change in system as we have two bad fullbacks( but decent wing backs) to a three of Rodon Toby and Tanganga. This is an obvious fix for our weaknesses. I honestly laugh at people who think we are as bad as we have seen.A good coach could have salvaged this season instead Levy's priority was picking the moment of maximum financial probity to fire the manager. And fuck what it meant for the final. That sadly is his priority but the football team has been badly managed for two and a bit years.
Do you honestly believe yourself?

It does seem a stretch when there is no benefit to them and you see such bad decisions across all teams.

I think there is a big difference between it looks close I am going to side on the refs call and I can clearly see what the right call is and I am going to still call it for the ref. As clear as I think it was it was still close enough that I can easily attribute it to incompetence rather than something more nefarious. It is ridiculous to say "not a single person can say that it was offside." It was clearly a very close play.

For example, if the 2nd Kane "goal" where he was 3 feet offside had been ruled good, then we would have something to talk about.

But until I see tangible proof or a good reason to think that they are making calls they 100% think are right and going against it I will go with incompetence. If you have evidence that it is more than that go ahead and share it, I am certainly not saying it is impossible, just that I haven't seen anything to think that is the case.
Of course there is benefit to them to agree with onfield decisions. Similar accusations were thrown at Refs going to the screen and sticking with the original decision

It is not ridiculous at all to say every single person would say it's onside. It's not close, it's not unclear, it's level, exactly as their lines indicate. You cannot see when ball when its kicked so you cannot say it's offside if you can't see that it is and the lines show he is level anyway.

Please give me examples of similar calls as they have been done. Accidental handball or tackles where the person gets the ball but also the man and they call it dangerous. Those kinds of decisions are subjective. A person that is harsh will call it one way and different degrees of harshness/fairness will call it differently. Again Kane's goal is not a bad decision it's a down right scandal..

Back
Top Bottom