Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if anyone posted about this? I can't defend the clearly sexist abuse that she got from some people, but struggling to understand why Leeds are in the wrong here.

You can't stop someone from being criticised just because of their gender - surely that in itself is sexist? By all means, ban or suspend some of the clowns who subsequently abused her.

Not sure if anyone posted about this? I can't defend the clearly sexist abuse that she got from some people, but struggling to understand why Leeds are in the wrong here.

You can't stop someone from being criticised just because of their gender - surely that in itself is sexist? By all means, ban or suspend some of the clowns who subsequently abused her.
An official team account retweeting (originally posted from another account) the video seemed a bit low, leave that to the fan accounts and online trolls.

If Mourinho deserves criticism for his style of football, being defensive, Bielsa absolutely deserves equal amount of criticism for being a naive, brittle and a fragile team which cannot defend to save their lives.

I think her comments were fair enough really.

Leeds play a high energy game. Chances are that they would have had an end of season dip. Lockdown enabled them to rest and go again.

Obviously they may still have got promoted without lockdown but from what we know about that style of football is that it can catch up with you at the end of a long season.

And sadly it is all about her being a woman. If a male pundit said it, there wouldn't have been half the reaction.

Leeds play a high energy game. Chances are that they would have had an end of season dip. Lockdown enabled them to rest and go again.

Obviously they may still have got promoted without lockdown but from what we know about that style of football is that it can catch up with you at the end of a long season.

And sadly it is all about her being a woman. If a male pundit said it, there wouldn't have been half the reaction.
Nonsense.

The main cast of pundits gets absolutely obliterated daily for their takes.

I disagree. All obviously come in for stick but the levels directed here were completely different. Same with Alex Scott.

There are those that just can't cope with a woman pundit
Oh, you mean from Twitter manchildren? I guess those could write things more vile than imaginable.

I was more talking of the general reaction, not from the dregs, which indeed want all women or men to die.

She’ll be proven to be absolutely bang on by the end of this season, they’ll gas out and be dragged into the relegation fight, although probably just have enough points already to be safe

Bravery is both laudable and laughable. Leeds have some decent players but they aren't good enough to play the way they try to play. a sharper side than us would put 6-7 past them easily.

But they are mid-table with player that aren't mid-table PL players really. So it works. Good fun. I can see why Leeds fans enjoy it rather than some bus tactics.

But they are mid-table with player that aren't mid-table PL players really. So it works. Good fun. I can see why Leeds fans enjoy it rather than some bus tactics.

Yeah, they aren't good enough to move up the league playing like that.....but they aren't good enough to sit back and defend either

May as well have a go and others probably should as well

Bravery is both laudable and laughable. Leeds have some decent players but they aren't good enough to play the way they try to play. a sharper side than us would put 6-7 past them easily.
Spot on. Charging a machinegun trench with a can of bovril and a sharpened matchstick is brave....its also profoundly stupid. But hey ho Bielsa sat on a bucket sharpening the matches for Leeds. Must be a genius.

If Mourinho deserves criticism for his style of football, being defensive, Bielsa absolutely deserves equal amount of criticism for being a naive, brittle and a fragile team which cannot defend to save their lives.
Ridiculous. (He has been criticised, it's all I've heard about from pundit and press this season whenever they've lost).

They are a newly promoted Championship side. (They've barely bought anyone since Bielsa took over too, so without any question the players are Championship players!) Their (Bielsa's) objective is to remain in the PL. I think they will achieve this as a direct result of how they play not in spite of it.

I'd have Bielsa manage Tottenham over Boreinho, with our players playing his brand of football any day of the week. (I was unsure about Beisla before he joined Leeds, not because of his football but because of his volatility but I'd say that is more to do with the Club owners being cunts than him).

Ridiculous. (He has been criticised, it's all I've heard about from pundit and press this season whenever they've lost).

They are a newly promoted Championship side. (They've barely bought anyone since Bielsa took over too, so without any question the players are Championship players!) Their (Bielsa's) objective is to remain in the PL. I think they will achieve this as a direct result of how they play not in spite of it.

I'd have Bielsa manage Tottenham over Boreinho, with our players playing his brand of football any day of the week. (I was unsure about Beisla before he joined Leeds, not because of his football but because of his volatility but I'd say that is more to do with the Club owners being cunts than him).
Won't work at spurs then...😏

Won't work at spurs then...😏
The thing is the more I learn about Bielsa the more I think he would fit here. I think Levy hits with a straight bat with all his managers/coaches. They all know the transfer boundaries and they have all been backed appropriately (I'm a tad conflicted with Poch's transfer backing) but not just in terms of transfers also in whether they have a DoF or not etc..

Every manager has been sacked with justification with perhaps the exception of Jol but there is still an argument that the Club was making the right moves with a view to progressing the Club, it was perhaps just the manner that didn't sit well with fans but that's the ruthless nature of football I guess.

Back
Top Bottom