Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not that I expect it to happen, if for some El loco reason Poch left us, it would be interesting if we got Bielsa in....:pochshock:
I'm glad he's here so we can see him close quarters. To be honest I've no idea if he's good, bad or mad, very little has been written about him and I get the feeling that everything we know about him is primarily based on what Guardiola has said about him (he stayed with him in Argentina for a few months and came back claiming him as the best coach in the World), there are a ton of jorno's that will take that as fact even if they have never seen any of his teams play and that's how urban legends are created. He may well be true but I want to be at least able to get a glimpse of it so I can at least question it, rather than go along with the herd.

Anyway, OM fans love and miss him, he's idolised by Newals Old Boys and The Chilen's and I think the Argies thought he was OK after managing them. Whilst the mystique is there, his career is a tad erratic and shows little progression. I really don't know a lot about him.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

007 Bielsa, Austin Bielsa,
exp17.jpg

Fucking hell that headline at the top, hope this isn't a sign for Sunday!

:dierno:

Bielsa, can't believe Alan Brazil had never heard of him until he turned up at Leeds. How can a so-called expert be so ignorant?!

Must be a Tory.

:dembelelol:

I'm rooting for Leeds but purely because of El Loco. I think he'd get them up then quit the same day.

As long there has been no trespassing, it's not against the laws of the game, I don't see the issue here. Dirty Leeds ain't the only club that does it, I'm sure of that.
If either the premiership or the FL/FA decide to outlaw it, it's very difficult to enforce. Richardson Evans, where Wimbledon used to train, is bordered by the A3 and a common. How to you stop someone from overseeing that?

As long there has been no trespassing, it's not against the laws of the game, I don't see the issue here. Dirty Leeds ain't the only club that does it, I'm sure of that.
If either the premiership or the FL/FA decide to outlaw it, it's very difficult to enforce. Richardson Evans, where Wimbledon used to train, is bordered by the A3 and a common. How to you stop someone from overseeing that?

I don’t not know the Bielsa problem well but it seems surreal to me. Then ok, that Bielsa is nonconformist is known. Mica call it "the madman" by chance.

It's done by every single club. Just as the analysis is done too. What it does do is shine a light on how utterly thick most of the journalists are for not realising why each club employs scores of analysists with laptops.

The one thing that has come out of this that I think it's great, is how Bielsa has handed over his analysis to the clubs how have yet to play Derby, who are a rival for Leeds at the top of the table. These clubs will, of course, have their own analysis and have their own data but just as Bielsa has been saying, you seek every advantage you can. So you can bet those clubs still to play Derby will not turn down the chance to cross reference his data with their own. Also, there is a physiological aspect that Lampard that he needs to manage too, does he change what he's doing? Do his players feel confident?

I want them to get promoted so much, Bielsa in the Prem would be fantastic. Honestly wouldn't even mind him replacing Poch one day - even though it would be an absolute circus probably. Rollercoaster but it would be brilliant.

From an individual, I'd LOL..... However, is it me or is corporate bantz just massively cringeworthy?

You know it's just some cocky little shit of a social-media junkie behind the scenes....

Last edited:
From an individual, I"d LOL..... However, is it me or is corporate bantz just massively cringeworthy?

You know it's just some cocky little shit of a social-media junkie behind the scenes....
We have a social media team where I work. Bunch of jumped up, self important gobshites

Back
Top Bottom