Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It may be me being overly sensitive and/or driven by a particular well known (who right now I can't recall his name) blogger of theirs that they always seem to have a hatred towards us (I get that this is probably extended to other teams too) but until quite recently I can guarantee this blogger constantly taking aim at us despite them in Championship.

I'll have a quick google and see if I can find him.
Ah, didn't take long.....

Tottenham as Champions? Even Leeds United Would be More Authentic – by Rob Atkinson
What IS the Point of Tottenham Hotspur? – by Rob Atkinson
HuffPost is now part of Oath
Top Ten Most Embarrassing “Celebrity” Spurs Fans – by Rob Atkinson
What a bitter and twisted cunt.

Leicester City, Chelsea, Leeds United – Champions of England. Each has a ring of authenticity to it that’s been hard fought for and deeply merited when it’s come about. Whereas “Champions Spurs”? – well, it just doesn’t sound right. It sounds instead faintly ridiculous, like cheap fiction; and, as long as the club and the fans retain their current losers’ mindset, that’s just how it will remain.

giphy.gif

Leicester City, Chelsea, Leeds United – Champions of England. Each has a ring of authenticity to it that’s been hard fought for and deeply merited when it’s come about. Whereas “Champions Spurs”? – well, it just doesn’t sound right. It sounds instead faintly ridiculous, like cheap fiction; and, as long as the club and the fans retain their current losers’ mindset, that’s just how it will remain.
VFi7mu2.gif

I'm old enough to remember dirty, dirty Leeds of the Revie years. There's that famous photo of Dave MacKay, who was generally a mild-mannered man, albeit tough as nails, getting so needled by Billy Bremner that he marched up to him and grabbed him by the shirt. Bremner does that classic bully thing of 'what me?', despite having targeted MacKay's injury-prone left leg throughout the match.

Then there's the 1970 FA Cup Final replay, generally regarded as one of the dirtiest ever played, with that scumbag Bremner at the heart of every foul and every fight.

I have no love for Leeds. Their prolonged stay out of the top flight has been an unalloyed delight for me.
I think I read somewhere that Johnny Giles was supposed to be the worst in that team and that's saying something.

Fair or not, Clough caught the sentiment of many who disliked Leeds in that era:

“You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest fucking dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

Leeds United gentlemen and scholars.....Mm could come back and bite them on the arse for that?

Much love to Bielsa for that today. I am always one for playing to the whistle, every time, with one exception however that that's if the oppo had kicked the ball out previously, then you have to return that gesture (which is what I believe had happened).

What a fantastic job Dean Smith has done with Villa, from 14th to 4th!!! From playing shit boring park bus (not very well) football to aggressive attacking football!!

Much love to Bielsa for that today. I am always one for playing to the whistle, every time, with one exception however that that's if the oppo had kicked the ball out previously, then you have to return that gesture (which is what I believe had happened).

What a fantastic job Dean Smith has done with Villa, from 14th to 4th!!! From playing shit boring park bus (not very well) football to aggressive attacking football!!

Yep, I can see Vila winning the play offs. Beating Leeds would be nice.

Leeds didn’t kick it out, they carried on and scored (unless I’ve misunderstood you)

Correct, they didn’t kick it out even when Villa players stopped. On top of that when Bielsa ordered his players to let villa score, one of them tried to tackle the Villa player walking the ball in..
Totally in line with the Cunt club that they are.

Back
Top Bottom