Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this was the 70s or 80s and i was a Dinosaur
i would probably crack a joke about 2 stolen footballs.
But it isn't,and thankfully i'm not...
I was about to post something about how I did not understand the neutrals joy at these mugs returning to blight our lives. I hated the period when they were better than us. I loath going their it's a tough place to play unlike say Bournemouth...but now I've seen her.

I was about to post something about how I did not understand the neutrals joy at these mugs returning to blight our lives. I hated the period when they were better than us. I loath going their it's a tough place to play unlike say Bournemouth...but now I've seen her.
It was a grim place that's for sure,and i didn't see too many that looked like her.
But some memorable days out up there in the past.
Don't like them though as a club.

Anyone at the semi V Everton up there in the 90s?
One of the worse Tottenham performances i can remember.
We were in a pre booked pub before the game,great big barn of a place.
Superb atmosphere and drink up,totally ruined by the football.

It was a grim place that's for sure,and i didn't see too many that looked like her.

Yes Mate, I just about remember that day. Was an extremely lively day..Police horses everywhere, even on the pitch I believe.?
The days when losing came second to the day itself.

These always give us a tough game historically, and I can also remember them lording it above us for a while.

But despite that I think its a good thing to have these back in the league, while they might give us hard games and maybe take points off us, they aren't going to be a soft touch and roll over for the other big boys either.

Proper football club, proper fanatical fanbase. That's what its all about, big games, big atmospheres.

I'm from Leeds and I fucking hate Leeds Utd, hope Bielsa loses the plot and fucks them off early doors and they go down first time of asking, I bet all the dormant 'die hards' come crawling back out of the woodwork now, hadn't heard anyone mention football up there for about 10 years or so...

I'm from Leeds and I fucking hate Leeds Utd, hope Bielsa loses the plot and fucks them off early doors and they go down first time of asking, I bet all the dormant 'die hards' come crawling back out of the woodwork now, hadn't heard anyone mention football up there for about 10 years or so...
Wasn't/isn't Leeds itself more of a rugby League town?

Wasn't/isn't Leeds itself more of a rugby League town?
I live up in the Leeds area.

the rugby league team got a lot more support following Leeds Utd’s relegations, but in recent years people have really got back behind the team. Funnily that has coincided with the Rhinos dipping in form. They were dominant for years until the last 2 or 3.

Virtually most of my mates up here are Leeds fans and they’re absolutely loving being back in the premiership, can’t wait for the season to start. Most seem to think that they’ll breeze staying up though. I’m not sure on that.

We went up on the official club coaches, traffic was horrendous and we got in the ground just as we kicked off. Although we had more there, it didn't feel like it, as the Evertonians had three sides of the ground, and we were put in the one big stand.
We just didn't show up, and probably why Klinsmann didn't stay for his second year.

We went up on the official club coaches, traffic was horrendous and we got in the ground just as we kicked off. Although we had more there, it didn't feel like it, as the Evertonians had three sides of the ground, and we were put in the one big stand.
We just didn't show up, and probably why Klinsmann didn't stay for his second year.
Yep,it was the newly opened Don Revie stand. Great stand,but it made us feel out numbered even though we had a 1000 more there than them. Even the commentators on the radio in the coach on the way back were going on about how there were loads more scousers there than us. That annoyed me almost as much as the performance. Still does at it goes.

Back
Top Bottom