Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can remember the Leeds team managed by Don Revie. Nasty bits of work, but very efficient. Their one weak link was Gary Sprake (goalie), IIRC. I was at the game against them when we had to at least draw to stave off relegation. Thank goodness they had a final to play after us, as I think it might have been a different result if they had anything to play for. That was a brilliant night, one of the best at The Lane.
Alfie Conn was taking the piss, sitting on the ball, all sorts. Bremner was less than impressed and said if he did it any more then they'd start trying

Its funny, but I really don't mind Leeds... maybe it's due to the fact I was slightly (almost, just about) too young to remember when they were horrible...

My earliest memory of Leeds was that they played in the same colour as Spurs (always a good thing) and, as I've probably mentioned on here before, were the first team I 'completed' in my Panini 1979/80 sticker book... so have always had a rather personal soft spot for them. That's how shallow and easily pleased I am!

I guess it's a akin to the younger generation of Spurs fans today NOT quite getting the old school rivalry with ArseAnal, and not despising them as much as say, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool... as those are the clubs they have experience of hating...

I dunno, I'm secretly glad to have Leeds back... for the same reason I want Villa to stay up at the expense of Bournemouth...

Fuckin hell, I've just realised i'm a football snob!

Last edited:
Its funny, but I really don't mind Leeds... maybe it's due to the fact I was slightly (almost, just about) too young to remember when they were horrible...

My earliest memory of Leeds was that they played in the same colour as Spurs (always a good thing) and, as I've probably mentioned on here before, we're the first team I 'completed' in my Panini 1979/80 sticker book... so have always had a soft spot for them. That's how shallow and easily pleased I am!

I guess it's a akin to the younger generation of Spurs fans today NOT quite getting the old school rivalry with ArseAnal, and not despising them as much as say, Chelsea, Man Utd or Liverpool... as those are the clubs they have experience of hating...

I dunno, I'm secretly glad to have Leeds back... for the same reason I want Villa to stay up at the expense of Bournemouth...

Fuckin hell, I've just realised i'm a football snob!

I think I'm younger than you - but I still remember Leeds being one of the worst for antisemitism

and when we last played them in the FA Cup at WHL their fans were complete cunts

I think I'm younger than you - but I still remember Leeds being one of the worst for antisemitism

and when we last played them in the FA Cup at WHL their fans were complete cunts
I have only met few Leeds fans i actually like.
A big lump of a Yorkshire born and bred Chinese bloke who use to do all the scooter rallies,quite well known up there(or was)
Riot, another from the Scooter rallies (also well known)
And a fella i use to work with.
Oh and a fella in my local now.

I have only met few Leeds fans i actually like.
A big lump of a Yorkshire born and bred Chinese bloke who use to do all the scooter rallies,quite well known up there(or was)
Riot, another from the Scooter rallies (also well known)
And a fella i use to work with.
Oh and a fella in my local now.

There will always be individuals who are nice people - Scum fans on an individual level can be as well.....but collectively they are a joke

Leeds and Millwall are the only places I have ever felt unsafe although Palace fans lined up from the station to the ground.
Leeds fans are amazing. I remember when they won the league and then the next season did not win away from home. At Spurs they were losing 5-0 but still kept singing to the end.

And there was that chip van in Brighton that set the game alight !

Couldn’t agree more. Give them until Christmas before the absolute certainty of relegation. Hate them and their cunt fans. “Proper club” if you Still live in the 70’s or early 80’s. Wrong side of the Pennines for a start. Cowards at any ground unless they are wielding something sharper than their intellect (affectionately known as the butty boys - butter knives, David batty etc). Nobody I know Up north has an ounce of respect for them or their “firm”. Indiscriminate, cowardly pricks. Fuck them back off to the obscurity they belong in. Cunts
Stop sitting on the fence, mate - tell us how you really feel

There is that I suppose... yeah, fuck 'em... hope they go straight back down!

Leeds and Millwall are the only places I have ever felt unsafe although Palace fans lined up from the station to the ground.
Like this you mean....?
maxresdefault.jpg

I'm from Leeds and I fucking hate Leeds Utd, hope Bielsa loses the plot and fucks them off early doors and they go down first time of asking, I bet all the dormant 'die hards' come crawling back out of the woodwork now, hadn't heard anyone mention football up there for about 10 years or so...

I live it Leeds and it already begun. I know more Leeds fans now than a month ago and have not met anyone new...

Back
Top Bottom