Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jose has in 18 years:

Porto[244]

Chelsea

Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15[245]
Inter Milan[244]

Real Madrid[244]

Manchester United

Bielsa has a title in South America and a Champo title in 40 years.

Let’s get Bielsa in because Leeds fans were entertained by Spurs hammering them in second gear”

:mourweird:
minions GIF

To be fair, I'd be interested to see how Bielsa would do at clubs that tend to have the most money and/or the biggest clubs in their respective league.

Great coach. Just not elite.

Not many are.

To get this bunch of Championship cloggers, who had been in the Championship for 16 years up, playing good football, winning games, 6 points off 4th and 12 points off relegation is pretty good going.

Especially when you have shite like Wilder getting praised.

To be fair, I'd be interested to see how Bielsa would do at clubs that tend to have the most money and/or the biggest clubs in their respective league.

Not many are.

To get this bunch of Championship cloggers, who had been in the Championship for 16 years up, playing good football, winning games, 6 points off 4th and 12 points off relegation is pretty good going.

The issue is no big teams would pick him.

He's too obsessed with his method that he doesn't have the adaptability for result. His teams can be very good when they're at it, but they are not reliable to get over the line. Big clubs don't have that luxury.

He may even has them higher on the table, but ultimately there is a limit to where his coaching style, and Leeds financial/ squad strength can achieve.

Not many are.

Dean Smith plays better football and the table seems to support that

I wouldn't call Bielsa great either - that puts him in Tier 2 alongside some major names. He's Tier 3 at best - look at his trophy haul over 30 years - he has literally won nothing outside Argentina bar the Championship last year

Last edited:
Wilder plays better football and the table seems to support that

I wouldn't call Bielsa great either - that puts him in Tier 2 alongside some major names. He's Tier 3 at best - look at his trophy haul over 30 years - he has literally won nothing outside Argentina bar the Championship last year

Wilder has got 2 points from his last possible 60...

Not many are.

Not taking anything away from him but surely he was also helped with the season getting postponed, as Leeds didn’t suffer from a end of season burnout as they had a nice couple of months break .

Not taking anything away from him but surely he was also helped with the season getting postponed, as Leeds didn’t suffer from a end of season burnout as they had a nice couple of months break .

Nothing more than theory.

Before the postponement they were 6 games unbeaten with 5 wins on the bounce and 5 cleansheets and were 7 points clear...

They then came back from lockdown (with the same rest as everyone else) and got 1 win from their first 3 games back....

Leeds were always going to get promoted. They were unlucky the year before and by far the best team last season.

Bielsa done a great job and he's doing a great job so far this season

Ridiculous. (He has been criticised, it's all I've heard about from pundit and press this season whenever they've lost).

They are a newly promoted Championship side. (They've barely bought anyone since Bielsa took over too, so without any question the players are Championship players!) Their (Bielsa's) objective is to remain in the PL. I think they will achieve this as a direct result of how they play not in spite of it.

I'd have Bielsa manage Tottenham over Boreinho, with our players playing his brand of football any day of the week. (I was unsure about Beisla before he joined Leeds, not because of his football but because of his volatility but I'd say that is more to do with the Club owners being cunts than him).
He only fit in small club. There are reasons why no top club ever bother to hire him , not barcelona , not real madrid not bayern munich or anything like them despite all the media hype he got , because the people inside football management knows he is overrated.
Don't tell me Pep rates him , pep only rates those who played right into his hands

He only fit in small club. There are reasons why no top club ever bother to hire him , not barcelona , not real madrid not bayern munich or anything like them despite all the media hype he got , because the people inside football management knows he is overrated.
Don't tell me Pep rates him , pep only rates those who played right into his hands
Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks.
Bielsa doesn't know how to coach his team to defend properly mate and like the great man Sir Alex Ferguson once said "attack wins you games , defend wins you title". any coach can play attractive football by putting more players into enemy territory and let the players creativity do the job but to coach and organizing defense is much harder to do

Bielsa doesn't know how to coach his team to defend properly mate and like the great man Sir Alex Ferguson once said "attack wins you games , defend wins you title". any coach can play attractive football by putting more players into enemy territory and let the players creativity do the job but to coach and organizing defense is much harder to do

Something we've succumbed to for years.

Jose has in 18 years:

Porto[244]

Chelsea

Premier League: 2004–05, 2005–06, 2014–15[245]
Inter Milan[244]

Real Madrid[244]

Manchester United

Bielsa has a title in South America and a Champo title in 40 years.

Let’s get Bielsa in because Leeds fans were entertained by Spurs hammering them in second gear”

:mourweird:
Ok so going by this logic, when Mourinho leaves we’d have to hire some relic like Lippi cause he’s won at least as many trophies as Mourinho.

Ok so going by this logic, when Mourinho leaves we’d have to hire some relic like Lippi cause he’s won at least as many trophies as Mourinho.
No, but why hire someone who’s been managing since 1980 and has won a Champo in 2019 and a South American title in 1990, but achieved nothing else in his 40 years except play naive football and can’t defend?

Eddie Howe has done more in the game than Bielsa

Back
Top Bottom