Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chatter is he's gonna walk at the end of the season.....

If that's the case and they continue on a downward spiral, why not bin him off in hope of avoiding the drop?

Begging to be sacked

What he said was, "I have no idea why the players do not do what I ask them to do. It is a great conundrum for me. It is very clear. I tell them again and again, but they just look at me as though they do not understand."

Nearly 4 years in England ffs.

What he said was, "I have no idea why the players do not do what I ask them to do. It is a great conundrum for me. It is very clear. I tell them again and again, but they just look at me as though they do not understand."
I’m guessing they’re f**ked - or just can’t do it.

I tell my class to ‘do better’ and get ‘Grade 9s’ every assessment, but sometimes they don’t. Crazy, eh? Perhaps his instructions are impossible to employ (a la Sissoko/ Winks pivot etc)

I’m guessing they’re f**ked - or just can’t do it.

I tell my class to ‘do better’ and get ‘Grade 9s’ every assessment, but sometimes they don’t. Crazy, eh? Perhaps his instructions are impossible to employ (a la Sissoko/ Winks pivot etc)
I was referring to the fact that he's still not speaking English.

:avbhumph:

Chatter is he's gonna walk at the end of the season.....

If that's the case and they continue on a downward spiral, why not bin him off in hope of avoiding the drop?

Because the Leeds squad is fucking awful with the exception of a few players like Philips, Bamford and Raphina .

Bielsa revs up the players to run and attack like lunatics, it’s is sometimes extremely effective other times a disaster but it has fired them into the prem and kept them up.

If the squad and the manager for that matter is burnt out Leeds will have to do two things very quickly, work out a replacement manager and spend some serious money to upgrade parts of the team. Can they get a better manager and upgrade the players, I very much doubt that, with the current squad Leeds staying up is punching above their weight to a degree, this is their ceiling without big investment.

Because the Leeds squad is fucking awful with the exception of a few players like Philips, Bamford and Raphina .

Bielsa revs up the players to run and attack like lunatics, it’s is sometimes extremely effective other times a disaster but it has fired them into the prem and kept them up.

If the squad and the manager for that matter is burnt out Leeds will have to do two things very quickly, work out a replacement manager and spend some serious money to upgrade parts of the team. Can they get a better manager and upgrade the players, I very much doubt that, with the current squad Leeds staying up is punching above their weight to a degree, this is their ceiling without big investment.

He's spent £150m in the last 2 summers......

Man-for-man I don't know enough about them; but if a) the players are shit or b) he's burned them out already then either way he has questions to answer.

If he's burned out from merely "firing them up" then what happened to the tactical genius that he's famed for? This isn't some Redknapp/Klopp Mr. Motivator deal; the guy's a charisma-free zone and doesn't even speak the lingo.

Regardless, the point behind my previous post is that as good as he has or hasn't been in previous seasons; if they look like they're fit for the drop why cling to him purely out of gratitude if he's off anyway?

....The proverbial Fat Sam could save them from the drop.

Last edited:
Don Revie: MP seeks FA apology over Leeds United and England boss

What a load of utter bollocks, "greatest manager the country has ever seen"?

I wasn't aware winning two league titles, one FA cup & one league cup means you're the "greatest".

Let's not also forget he was a total flop as England manager.

Especially considering even for the time his side were considered dirty, cheating cunts.

In terms of English managers, I can think of several above him alone who didn't have to resort to bullying tactics to win.

Always thought that Dallas is an under-rated player too.

Phillips and Raphina would be dream signings. Skipp and Phillips in midfield would be a beautiful thing.

Bielsa gone. Interesting, as I think half of that Leeds team is barely top 6 Championship quality, but it didn’t help that Bielsa didn’t adapt his tactics (or maybe he did) to try and cover the injuries to their key players.

Apparently Marsch is the leading candidate.

Say what you like, but after the other PL sides were surprised by the all action style in their 1st season back, carrying on doing the same thing in the 2nd season was suicidal, especially against teams like Liverpool and us.

Back
Top Bottom