Leeds United!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He is described as one of the greatest brains in the game... I just can't see how, he has one style of play and doesn't know who he should play it against and when to change it for certain opponents.
He never learned from his mistakes and had no plan B.
He's not a genius, he's a stubborn predictable easy to play against fool.

No manager would have survived leaking 20 goals in 5 games.

Bielsa gone....
Apparently Marsch is the leading candidate.
Rodney, or Hackney??

We're The straw that broke the camel's back FC...
Lose 6-0 to Utd, stay another day... Lose 4-0 to US .. that's it... You're AHHHHT!!!

Poch
better sleep with one eye open now that Bielsa is back on the prowl....
Watchya thighs!! :pochshock2:

He is described as one of the greatest brains in the game... I just can't see how, he has one style of play and doesn't know who he should play it against and when to change it for certain opponents.

It could only work if all his outfield players were about 3 classes better than the players he actually has. Asking players to do what they are not capable of doing is not smart coaching.

Great statement from their supporter's trust.

I think they are mad to sack him, they've never had better, never enjoyed their football as much and never felt this connected to their team in the past 30yrs!!! A brilliant manager who's got the team overperforming the sum of their parts. They've been hit badly with injuries and he's paid the price for raising the expectations of performance. Sounds familiar.

Don't disagree he's stubborn and set on his style

But I think we might find out just how much he had most of Leeds' player over performing soon

It’s smart that they’ve targeted someone whose football is a fairly similar concept to Bielsa’s, I think.

Second American PL manager ever after Bob Bradley, throw in Chris Armas as Rangnick’s right hand man at United and clearly the PL only wants Americans involved with the 1998 MLS Cup champion Chicago Fire!

It’s smart that they’ve targeted someone whose football is a fairly similar concept to Bielsa’s, I think.

The spine of their team will still be injured. I can't see how it's gonna change much....

Either it's the players of the system/tactics that aren't working; so if they're just gonna continue with what will amount to more Bielsa-ball with the same players how is that supposed to arrest their slide?

The spine of their team will still be injured. I can't see how it's gonna change much....

Either it's the players of the system/tactics that aren't working; so if they're just gonna continue with what will amount to more Bielsa-ball with the same players how is that supposed to arrest their slide?
They’re in a very difficult and perhaps doomed situation, but totally uprooting everything that team has been built to do and trying to park the bus would be suicide.

And also of course, a team in Leeds’ position needs to have one eye on the Championship, and Marsch suits the squad they’d be trying to win promotion with.

They’re in a very difficult and perhaps doomed situation, but totally uprooting everything that team has been built to do and trying to park the bus would be suicide.

Yeh, I concur on that front.

And also of course, a team in Leeds’ position needs to have one eye on the Championship, and Marsch suits the squad they’d be trying to win promotion with.

IMO this needed to happen earlier or they may as well have waited til the summer.

Ah well; got no love for Dutty Leeeeeeds anyway; so it's a big bowl of meh soup really.....

......Thanks for the 6 points and we'll see you around some time.

Marsch heavily implying that Bielsa wrecked his players physically and mentally and that he should take the rap for much of their injury problems.

Marsch heavily implying that Bielsa wrecked his players physically and mentally and that he should take the rap for much of their injury problems.

Doesn't surprise me. Bielsa is a very good coach but his methods are intense and usually his squads hit a boiling point where it just won't work anymore. He actually lasted a long while at Leeds by his standards, usually the burnout is faster.

Doesn't surprise me. Bielsa is a very good coach but his methods are intense and usually his squads hit a boiling point where it just won't work anymore. He actually lasted a long while at Leeds by his standards, usually the burnout is faster.

Owners/DOFs really ought to be factoring this is when signing these kind of managers....

Either give them a big squad...?
Concede to a high player turn over....?
Accept the inevitable crash....?
.......Or just steer clear to begin with(*).

(*If the fall out is a team of young, but already wrecked players; how cost effective is the upside really in the longer term?)

Owners/DOFs really ought to be factoring this is when signing these kind of managers....

Either give them a big squad...?
Concede to a high player turn over....?
Accept the inevitable crash....?
.......Or just steer clear to begin with(*).

(*If the fall out is a team of young, but already wrecked players; how cost effective is the upside really in the longer term?)

From what I remember Bielsa doesn't like a big squad. Prefers a tight knit group. Which yes, is a big risk when playing high intensity football. Worked brilliantly in the PL first season but a few injuries killed them in the second.

They've tried to keep their key players but will lose Raphinha for a big fee, possibly Phillips. The crash was always on the cards but they measured that up against being a boring to watch, mediocre championship side.

Basically, upside has been worth it. Transformed from mid-table in championship to league winners and promotion followed by a top half first season in the top flight. When all is said and done they've done well out of his appointment.

The deeper problem is the beyond Philips and Raphina they are championship players. Bielsa in effect ran them like dogs to get from the championship to the prem and stay there for a season or so but without a strategy and investment to move beyond that it was always going to crash. Unless Leeds play at 100% they are not good enough for this league.

The deeper problem is the beyond Philips and Raphina they are championship players. Bielsa in effect ran them like dogs to get from the championship to the prem and stay there for a season or so but without a strategy and investment to move beyond that it was always going to crash. Unless Leeds play at 100% they are not good enough for this league.

There are worse squads in the league. Raphinha and Phillips could play for top 4 teams, Bamford will get a PL move 100%, Rodrigo is a PL level player as are the likes of Harrison, Koch and Strujik. I certainly don't view them as having a worse squad than Burnley who will stay up ahead of them.

Issue is half (or more!) have been broken for most of the season and their all or nothing style isn't working for them when the going has got tough. Spending 25 million on the likes of Dan James didn't help either though.

There are worse squads in the league. Raphinha and Phillips could play for top 4 teams, Bamford will get a PL move 100%, Rodrigo is a PL level player as are the likes of Harrison, Koch and Strujik. I certainly don't view them as having a worse squad than Burnley who will stay up ahead of them.

Issue is half (or more!) have been broken for most of the season and their all or nothing style isn't working for them when the going has got tough. Spending 25 million on the likes of Dan James didn't help either though.
That deal just strikes me as one of those nonsensical, bee in your bonnet, type deals, having previously had him sewn up for a mill or two from Swansea which then fell through. Once he became available from Utd they went way ott to bag him just to scratch that itch, even though he'd proven himself to be all fart no poo at this level...

That deal just strikes me as one of those nonsensical, bee in your bonnet, type deals, having previously had him sewn up for a mill or two from Swansea which then fell through. Once he became available from Utd they went way ott to bag him just to scratch that itch, even though he'd proven himself to be all fart no poo at this level...

He’s not even someone good on the ball but possessing little end product like ASM and Adama. He’s essentially just quick, not a good dribbler and can’t shoot or pass. Spending nearly 30 million on that is painfully terrible business.

Back
Top Bottom