Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur | Thursday 16 Dec | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is guff too. The evolution you are talking about is organic so the players in the 90s and 80s would not have arrived via a time machine they would be used to that level of work. Platini Maradona Cruyf would still be exceptional in fact maybe better because better pitches and nutrition
I agree with those geniuses blossoming. I’m talking about your standard pro in the champ / PL

How the boys doing up at the King Power??

Can't get ANY sort of stream... Sounds like we haven't even had a kick yet tonight!!!
(Insert *ROLLS EYES* gif here!)

Rubbish. Absolute rubbish

A few of my mates were pro’s in late 90’s through to 00’s and yes they played with knocks via injections but they will all say they couldn’t last ten mins training nowadays - it’s evolved and they are now stellar athletes as well as sportsmen
What's the fact that you know a few footballers in 1998 to 2003 got to do with footballers that Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor was talking about in 1981?

Footballers may be 'stellar athletes' nowadays but that doesn't stop them being pampered wusses that don't know they're born.

I can't imagine Graham Roberts or Steve Perryman going over like a sack of spuds with minimal contact or whining to the ref to card a fellow professional.

What's the fact that you know a few footballers in 1998 to 2003 got to do with footballers that Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor was talking about in 1981?

Footballers may be 'stellar athletes' nowadays but that doesn't stop them being pampered wusses that don't know they're born.

I can't imagine Graham Roberts or Steve Perryman going over like a sack of spuds with minimal contact or whining to the ref to card a fellow professional.
Robert’s wouldn’t get near a YTS nowadays, that’s my point. I watched half hour of the filth last night and switched off due their deprivation for diving for pens so just pointing out that the game has changed for your average PL player

Roberts played a cup final after having his front teeth kicked out. For modern day players thats 4 weeks out.

Robert’s wouldn’t get near a YTS nowadays, that’s my point. I watched half hour of the filth last night and switched off due their deprivation for diving for pens so just pointing out that the game has changed for your average PL player
I d like it on record that Roberts could play football way better with the ball than someone like Moussa Sissoko. He could pass had a great touch and was better in midfield than peak Eric Dier

Back
Top Bottom