Leicester City vs Spurs - Saturday 11th Feb, 3pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody would have dropped Dier after the city game, shouldn’t have dropped Emerson either with hindsight as porro was horrendous
Guessing on paper it looked like a gentle introduction with Emerson back in for Milan. Tanganga in behind seems a lot more bizarre in that same decision. Why give Sanchez the armband recently?

A polte reminder. This is a family forum, Mrs P
see my reply to Airfixx Airfixx - some filthy minds on here!

julie chen no GIF by Big Brother

Guessing on paper it looked like a gentle introduction with Emerson back in for Milan. Tanganga in behind seems a lot more bizarre in that same decision. Why give Sanchez the armband recently?

Dunno? I assumed Sanchez would start in place of Romero but would he have done any better?? Slim pickings for the defence to be fair on conte

I didn't watch the game as I simply don't have faith in Conte anymore and am not interested. Losing 4-1 to Leicester is absolutely pathetic though. What a disgrace...

Why do you think so many of us rated the window as shit in the poll?

Love to know what the people who voted above a 5 were smoking.

The fact we still have those players at the club is beyond a joke at this point, and costing us points virtually every week.

If the players we want simply are not available in a thirty day window you can't blame the club for that.

Or should we just go find another Tanganga, Davies or Sanchez to satisfy the idiots demanding transfers simply for the sake of it?

I thought Conte said that it would take three to four transfer windows?

He has brought in eight and one out it Italy to come, that's nearly a starting eleven Levy has purchased.

Remember conte is doing us a favour 😊 Bad management throwing porro in deep end. Poch used to give new players time to settle into philosophy.
What a gracious man, lending us his superior footballing acumen and galvanizing leadership qualities for only 15m or so million quid a year. When is he going to be beatified- tomorrow, or next year?

If the players we want simply are not available in a thirty day window you can't blame the club for that.

Or should we just go find another Tanganga, Davies or Sanchez to satisfy the idiots demanding transfers simply for the sake of it?

I thought Conte said that it would take three to four transfer windows?

He has brought in eight and one out it Italy to come, that's nearly a starting eleven Levy has purchased.
We've had Dier Davies and Tanganga for years. Perhaps getting decent central defenders in the summer may have helped. Forster is not a long term replacement for Hugo, that should have been addressed in the summer too. Again no long term planning from the club.
So yes I do blame levy and the club for having no plan and giving zero shits about the fans

The best transfers in the Poch era - Alli, Son, Alderweireld - were all thrown in to the team straight away.

Sonny wasn't a regular starter for a good year or more. Regardless, all 3 were signed before Poch started to morph his philosophy (on a number of things) and eventually said "players need 18 months" to be fully broken in.

We've had Dier Davies and Tanganga for years. Perhaps getting decent central defenders in the summer may have helped. Forster is not a long term replacement for Hugo, that should have been addressed in the summer too. Again no long term planning from the club.
So yes I do blame levy and the club for having no plan and giving zero shits about the fans

Do you think it was Paratici or Levy's 'vision' that brought Romero, Kulu, Benta & Porro?

Presumably yes; so is it not then balanced to lay a significant chunk of the criticism at his feet too?

......Or is Levy being held responsible for inadequate scouting to suit?

We have had that trio under Poch, Mason , Nuno, Jose and now Conte.

All of those managers barring Mason had a transfer window or more to get rid.

Levy himself this week said that some of our transfers simply haven't worked out, and i for one would prefer us to buy say three players in the Summer and spend the money on buying out contracts than buying a fourth signing.

No other teams wants our shite, and no sensible Spurs fan can say that any of them are worth what the club is asking.

Do you think it was Paratici or Levy's 'vision' that brought Romero, Kulu, Benta & Porro?

Presumably yes; so is it not then balanced to lay a significant chunk of the criticism at his feet too?

......Or is Levy being held responsible for inadequate scouting to suit?
Read what I said. Levy is responsible so is the club that is what I said. So yes Paratici as well.
So no need to jump to levys defence.
Dier is a prime example of a mediocre player who should have been sold 2 years ago. Again no plan

Back
Top Bottom