LEICESTER CITY VS TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR | WEDNESDAY 19 JANUARY 2022 | 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Soz, Jimmy :adegrin:

wObiYvgpppEjkPvnDn3GoCiSBNBNDM3wkIyMu_-KgKyA2LDupxXT3nuCC128H_6eUBhW2MVJl0e5y44Aom25GgMxhXPS-r_Q6fTdu5bp0CZNKn34V99wiZsjd0xaxpQtH7ez5PypDw=w2400

Some are banned and some aren't. Caffeine isn't banned.

Nicotine based stimulants are highly divisive though, some sports have banned them outright, whilst others haven't (not specific to the substance but the ingestion method others don't allow it because it's a banned substance at a countrywide level).

All players (athletes of most sports) will stock up on stuff, most football changing rooms are filled with espresso's, sweets, red bulls etc...
I have a dirty great spoonful of peanut butter before I go running. Coffee before a run will give me the shits and I don't have a sweet tooth =.

We all look for the extra boost.

NOTHING can play with your emotions so dramatically as a Spurs game of football. Every possible emotion was felt last night and reminds you why we are hooked on it. Thankyou THFC for a very special evenings entertainment at a time when we all need the boost you so wonderfully provided!

So tired, content and lazy today I’ve been lying on the bed just occasionally messaging a colleague on the teams app on my phone and browsing YouTube. Can’t be arsed going to my laptop to do actual work. 😎

I mean lets face it, moments like this in football (especially for us) are pretty rare. I will never forget this.
At work and I have to say on my second screen I've been making my way through video after video. Haven't had a smile like this since Ajax.

I am losing track of all the nonentity clubs like West Ham and Leicester that consider us some sort of rival. We need a definitive list and score them out of 10.
(Woolwich) is a given, so doesn't count...

Chelsea: understandable, but they have other more local rivals (geographically) that they could consider rivals (Fulham, Q.P.R. Brentford...) I guess it doesn't help that 2 of those - Fulham/Brentford - are 'nice, family clubs' who plenty of people outside of West London have a soft spot for.

West Ham - again, I thought Millwall were their rivals?? Apparently not so much since they collectively decided to hate us more!

Leicester - just doesn't make sense... especially since they beat us to the title... if anything, we should hate them!

Southampton - Just weird (although Rupert Lowe didn't help with the whole Hoddle thing.)

Watford - maybe it's an ex-pat Woolwich thing innit?

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I can't be arsed to waste brain power thinking of them right now!

(Woolwich) is a given, so doesn't count...

Chelsea: understandable, but they have other more local rivals (geographically) that they could consider rivals (Fulham, Q.P.R. Brentford...) I guess it doesn't help that 2 of those - Fulham/Brentford - are 'nice, family clubs' who plenty of people outside of West London have a soft spot for.

West Ham - again, I thought Millwall were their rivals?? Apparently not so much since they collectively decided to hate us more!

Leicester - just doesn't make sense... especially since they beat us to the title... if anything, we should hate them!

Southampton - Just weird (although Rupert Lowe didn't help with the whole Hoddle thing.)

Watford - maybe it's an ex-pat Woolwich thing innit?

I'm sure there are plenty of others, but I can't be arsed to waste brain power thinking of them right now!

Most of these teams their fans force a rivalry with us because their real rivals are either shit or play in a lower division.

But nicotine and redbull isn't banned.

It's fucking gross and embarrassing for an athlete, but it's not banned.
Snus is banned for sale in the UK and many countries in Europe.

It's one of the contentious ones as it's nicotine-based (nicotine isn't banned under WADA but is under their watchlist and likely to be banned (I think(??) it might actually be banned now but not when that photo was taken, although it was still banned for sale in the UK at time of photo).

Some sports have put it on their own banned list, whilst others not and I think to add further to the confusion WADA might have it on a banned in competition but not when out of competition (so can be used in training for example).

Definitely can't be arsed to trawl through WADA lists and exemptions hahaha

That "pass" from Tielemans get worse and worse every time you watch back the play. There is no point to even try it in the first place, it is a terrible execution passing it right to Hjobjerg and he had a wide open guy to his right that could have ran the ball to the corner and ended the game easily.

I don't know what it is that Brenton does to his guys that seem to make them make these kind of fucks up all the time in big moments but that was a truly awful play from a guy that (deservedly) has got a ton of praise for his play the past few seasons.
He did it thinking he could make the pass, score and win the tame at the death. No other reason for it as you say he could have passed it safely onto the wing. Kane gets the ball and shows him how it’s done!

I am losing track of all the nonentity clubs like West Ham and Leicester that consider us some sort of rival. We need a definitive list and score them out of 10.
It makes us the most relevant club on the planet.
No other club has as many clubs that consider them their rival.
The way to prove they consider us as their rival is by rating their most important games in each season.

Woolwich - Most important/biggest games of season = Vs Spurs
Chelsea - Most important/biggest games of season = Vs Spurs
West ham - Most important/biggest games of season = Vs Spurs
Leicester - Most important/ biggest games of season = Vs Spurs
Southampton - Most important/biggest games of season = Vs Spurs
Watford - Most important/biggest games of season = Vs Spurs

No other club can match that.. We are THE most relevant club on the planet.

Most of these teams their fans force a rivalry with us because their real rivals are either shit or play in a lower division.
Agree, to an extent...

West Ham (Millwawll)
Southampton (Portsmouth)
Watford (Luton)

...but why don't they take a dislike to Woolwich or Chelsea instead....?
As Ballotelli once almost said; why us?

I agree. Give us a list and have them from a scale of 1 to 10,then that will be our list of rivals.
The arse will be number 1,but 2,3 and 4 will be a proper battle.

I don't get Leicester. As all the fans i know, there is no animosity at all.
In London ,they detest Chelsea, but not us at all.
but their fans online...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom