Leicester v Tottenham

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was put off Lineker when I watched him at WHL. He was Captain of England and they had a match midweek. There was no way he was going to get injured and miss the England match and that was obvious by the way he jumped out of the way when tackles came in. If he could not put Spurs first then he lost my support.

I must miss all of the stuff that you guys see on TV as I think the guy does all right.
I can only base my feelings on the one experience that I have of meeting him for real which was queuing to get into Wembley for an FA cup final that I went to, on a corporate ticket. I spoke to him for about 10-15 minutes and he was perfectly amenable and chatty, and we spoke about his boys (who were with him) as one of them had been really ill. Met him again at half time, and chatted with his lads - and although I didn't talk to him for as long he was just as pleasant and approachable.
He came across as a really nice guy. Unlike a lot of footballers he can actually string a sentence together (without filling it with cliches and "yer knows") and talk about other matters apart from football.

only met Lineker (briefly) twice...players lounge for the 4-0 win v sheff. utd and away at QPR, (think it was 0-0). nice enough bloke with me .

We've been away from home for a year and a half, we took the heaviest beating from the World Cup of any team in the League, and we're six points off the top. We've got a run of games coming in the next ten or so with points to be had everywhere, signs are pointing to the NWHL finally getting ready, key players are finally getting heathy and in form (Son, Verts, Eriksen, etc.).

I concede nothing. COYS.

All fair points. As I said, I hope you're right. My prediction, such as it is, was based on squad depth against the others, and the fact that our victimised friends from the north are still playing within themselves. But good luck!

Lineker was my childhood hero, following Italia '90 and ' 91 vs. Woolwich. Surprised at all the criticism he gets to be honest. His Leicester shtick is annoying but I still quite like him on BBC England duty. I wasn't old enough to notice any lack of commitment to Spurs but I can understand that would wind people up.

i9epx1hvpa321.jpg

They went and did the Uno thing when Dele scored lol.

I love that our lads seem to genuinely enjoy playing and training together. Not just a job for these guys

Agreed Mrs.P. Alcohol made me forget. Chrissy H to be our manager once Poch wins the CL and domestic double with us perhaps.
Dawson. Absolute gent. Genuinely loves us.
Huddlestone is a total tosspot though. If he wasn’t a massive fat cunt I would have called him out.
Honestly, it was close. But a bloke with a bigger beer belly than me isn’t to be trifled with. Fat fucker.

Even when he played for us he was a miserable self entitled cock. I was at a dinner dance at WHL once (as you do) and he was standing on his own. The others were great especially Paul Walsh Paul Stewart and Erik the Viking that night. I think i drunkenly said something about a christmas tree in trafalgar square to Erik...very hazy memory that.
I went to the dinner dance the year Erik the Viking won the supporters player of the year. After dinner we had a chance to meet the players and have a photo taken with them. The majority of the players were fantastic, while having my picture taken with Lineker I asked him if he enjoyed evenings like tonight? He said no he disliked them! He came across as a smarmy Kant to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom